ADVERTISEMENT

Article on ESPN, just a quote in it that cracks me up.

NociHTTP

Senior
Mar 8, 2023
"You may think I'm crazy, but I told my staff I only want to have eight or nine guys," Calipari told Robinson, who is now executive director of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. "They're leaving anyway, and why would I develop a kid for someone else? Why would I do that?"

What a fvcking joke that clown is.

"You may think I'm crazy, but I told my staff I only want to have eight or nine guys," Calipari told Robinson, who is now executive director of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. "They're leaving anyway, and why would I develop a kid for someone else? Why would I do that?"

He usually only played most years 8 players at the most, which is why most left and transferred because if you were not one of his NBA prospects he only needed them for practice.

I get everyone is on a one year deal now but you have to develop guys even if they leave at the end of the year. It's malpractice to intentionally coach in a way that if 2 guys get hurt you only have 6 guys. This thinking is what doomed the TyTy and Grady team once they were injured during the season.

So. Mr. “Curing Generational Poverty” now wants to limit scholarship opportunities for potentially needy kids?

Why would you develop a kid for someone else! Lmao. Oh my Cal. I can’t find the words to respond anymore. Haha.

Why would you develop a kid for someone else! Lmao. Oh my Cal. I can’t find the words to respond anymore. Haha.
That's what got me. The clown was ALL ABOUT THE NBA when he was here. Rather than try to win games and titles, he made sure his precious recruits got drafted. He literally was developing them for the NBA. And because he hated the fanbase here so much he stuck with the NBA thing.

What a fvcking clown that joke is.

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

One gets hurt, one has an off night, one has foul trouble. Sound like the last few years?

That's what got me. The clown was ALL ABOUT THE NBA when he was here. Rather than try to win games and titles, he made sure his precious recruits got drafted. He literally was developing them for the NBA. And because he hated the fanbase here so much he stuck with the NBA thing.
And 98% of those kids could’ve went anywhere in the country and as long as they worked as hard as they did while here they would all have the same results. I would say 100% but a couple probably got better being here working out after practice with the other great players. I know he did an amazing job moving them along to the NBA, that would’ve been great if he was coaching Unite or developmental Leagues, just not at a college program who happened to have the most wins all time and would’ve liked to keep it. Haha. Damn we could’ve went so far ahead with a college coach no one would’ve caught us. I better quit before I write a dang Cal is bad book. lol.

I do want to say though , He did some great things off the court for a lot of people in the community and all, he just forgot why he got the Kentucky head coaching job. Pope is changing that and will bring us back to being Kentucky Basketball,. I couldn’t be more happier with him.

Reactions: chroix and Fox2monk
He's just trying to sound like the chess master 4 moves ahead....when he's dumb. He loves a built in excuse for failure. How many rosters has he left short here due to injury... Or emergency tailbone surgery... Or any other excuse .. just know it's NEVER his fault.

So he's gonna develop them JUST enough to help his team... But not enough to benefit any other team.... And only he knows that magical balance...

He's really making himself look dumber by the comment.

He's just trying to sound like the chess master 4 moves ahead....when he's dumb. He loves a built in excuse for failure. How many rosters has he left short here due to injury... Or emergency tailbone surgery... Or any other excuse .. just know it's NEVER his fault.

So he's gonna develop them JUST enough to help his team... But not enough to benefit any other team.... And only he knows that magical balance...

He's really making himself look dumber by the comment.
Somewhere, an Arkansas booster and member of administration are looking at each other and saying....what the hell have we done.

That’s ridiculous, but yeah, I laughed too.

I don't think many coaches would accuse Cal of "developing" players for them. His job was just to get the favorites drafted, right?

The problem is in the transfer portal era, nobody wants to be the 10, 11, or 12th guy.
.maybe…but then why does 90% of
Teams have 12-13 scholarships on roster…Cal is like less then 5-% that do this stupid idea

How about running a legit scrimmage in practice../or do you just imagine practice?

Somewhere, an Arkansas booster and member of administration are looking at each other and saying....what the hell have we done.
You have to believe this is right. People can't be so stupid to continue to buy Cal's clown show and someone at Arkansas will be answering some pointed questions. God bless that bunch of fools.

Reactions: Catfan2226
You know…. I once thought hey Williams is retiring. So is K and Wright. Cal is going to take over the game. Wrong!

Reactions: JASUN74
Just when I think I couldn’t be more happy he is gone…he delivers another reason.
He doesn’t even want to be at Arkansas.
He will end his coaching career with a legacy of running programs further into the depths of mediocrity.

Reactions: HeismaNole

I posted that in another thread. I was like Arkansas thinks this dude will change? He doesn’t even want to be able to practice 5 on 5 now.

.maybe…but then why does 90% of
Teams have 12-13 scholarships on roster…Cal is like less then 5-% that do this stupid idea

How about running a legit scrimmage in practice../or do you just imagine practice?
Yes, And Even if someone never gets a minute of time, all13 scholarships on every Division one team deserves to be filled. They allow them so use them. All that does is keep someone from getting an opportunity to go to school like UK. There’s thousands of kids who grow up dreaming of playing here, some of them are actually good enough to do it! Of course his highness wouldn’t even fill all we had. Shame if u ask me and a big waste.

All it takes is one injury or some kid's ego to sit out/leave to see that plan go up in smoke. No matter how many players he plays, he is going to lose 10 plus regardless.

One twisted ankle or sore back away from an imbalanced incomplete lineup. Feels familiar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT