ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas will find out why he’s there if true

I don't think anyone is questioning whether pope cares about Kentucky or not . That was pretty clear from that super cringe video of him in the Kentucky Uniform .

Did you take off your shirt and celebrate with musselman a couple years ago? That guy made Tom Crean look normal. Hopefully you don’t get in a situation with Cal taking off his 😂

Ok Cal university
I fully understand Cal is the brand along with NIL. If Kentucky wants kids that are only going to play for the front of the jersey those kids are going to come from Possum Trot , Bugtussle or some other random small town in Kentucky . Todays college basketball is Pay for Play and all these kids care about is who is paying them the most. Cal University at least has the ultimate trump card in his wallet of being an NBA factory when it comes to recruiting .

And now you got the guy we wanted him to replace! 😂 Remember when you guys went Stan Heath, John Pelphry, and then Mike Anderson for almost 20 years? Ya me neither 😂
You ahoukd be a teacher all that history you’re talking.

Who GAF?

I’ll continue to live in the present 😂with Cal 🤣 and these top rated Portal 😆and HS 😎classes

I fully understand Cal is the brand along with NIL. If Kentucky wants kids that are only going to play for the front of the jersey those kids are going to come from Possum Trot , Bugtussle or some other random small town in Kentucky . Todays college basketball is Pay for Play and all these kids care about is who is paying them the most. Cal University at least has the ultimate trump card in his wallet of being an NBA factory when it comes to recruiting .
john calipari what GIF by SB Nation

The talent never is and hasn’t ever been an issue under Cal. I repeat, there was no issue with the talent Cal has. There is a reason that UK was one of only THREE SCHOOLS IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS that was ranked in the top ten at some point in the season every season. For Kentucky that was almost always in the first weeks of the season, because of the talent we had. Again, I repeat, no one had any issues with the kids Cal was bringing in or the talent. Last year - great talent and great kids, no one had any issues. You should be tickled to death right now like lots of us usually were in the offseason - because we were always one of, if not the most talented teams every year for the last 15 years. 4 NBA players, 2 top 10, just last year. Which is an insane amount of talent.

You ahoukd be a teacher all that history you’re talking.

Who GAF?

I’ll continue to live in the present 😂with Cal 🤣 and these top rated Portal 😆and HS 😎classes

I’ll tell you who doesn’t GAF about Arkansas basketball and their history. Most of the country and apparently even you, their own fan. I’d be embarrassed to remember it if I were you too 😂

Did you take off your shirt and celebrate with musselman a couple years ago? That guy made Tom Crean look normal. Hopefully you don’t get in a situation with Cal taking off his 😂
Oh he did it more than once lol . I was never a fan of the shirt coming off but it was easy to look the other way cause it only happened after really big wins .

streaking will ferrell GIF

I’ll tell you who doesn’t GAF about Arkansas basketball and their history. Most of the country and apparently even you, their own fan. I’d be embarrassed to remember it if I were you too 😂
Not even slightly embarrassing to
Me. Neither you, nor, I, have anything to do with the outcome.

Keep trying to throw jabs that the locals will toss you a “like” on. I’m not here for the idiotic trolls.

Kentucky will always have players wanting to play at Kentucky because it's Kentucky, our latest signee said it's a dream come true and that there is nothing bigger than Kentucky in college basketball. I agree with pay for play to some extent, but the name Kentucky basketball does carry some weight. Cal has had just about as many leave the program as he has had go pro, also a bunch of the ones that have gone pro only hang around a few years or play overseas. Who knows Arkansas next superstar could come from some small random towns in Arkansas like Goobertown, Toad Suck or Bogger Hollow, then you can have pride in your state school, if Kentucky don't steal them away. Kentucky is not interested in being an NBA factory

Kentucky will always have players wanting to play at Kentucky because it's Kentucky, our latest signee said it's a dream come true and that there is nothing bigger than Kentucky in college basketball. I agree with pay for play to some extent, but the name Kentucky basketball does carry some weight. Cal has had just about as many leave the program as he has had go pro, also a bunch of the ones that have gone pro only hang around a few years or play overseas. Who knows Arkansas next superstar could come from some small random towns in Arkansas like Goobertown, Toad Suck or Bogger Hollow, then you can have pride in your state school, if Kentucky don't steal them away. Kentucky is not interested in being an NBA factory
If you are referring to Trent Noah that is exactly the type player i was talking about .

Cal University at least has the ultimate trump card in his wallet of being an NBA factory when it comes to recruiting .
And you'll quickly come to regret it. Being used for their mandated one year of college, watching an endless parade of kids playing w/ one eye (at least) on the nba while trying to highlight their skillset to maximize draft night. Then watching your players' agent of a coach taking credit for putting them there in the same interview where he downplays/dismisses another early tourney exit? It gets old real quick; especially w/out the cushion of 4 final fours and a championship to pad the fall

Reactions: NociHTTP
My lord you are so butthurt and mad.

Get a grip fella. You’re not a big deal

I got two replies out of it! With a name like yours I was expecting a better comeback but it seems to have fell flat. You’d think an Arkansas fan in Kentucky would have a little thicker skin. All good though buddy Arkansas fans for the most part seem alright, good luck to you guys post Cal

I got two replies out of it! With a name like yours I was expecting a better comeback but it seems to have fell flat. You’d think an Arkansas fan in Kentucky would have a little thicker skin. All good though buddy Arkansas fans for the most part seem alright, good luck to you guys post Cal
Wait…you’re the one with the troll replies and I need thicker skin?

You can’t make this shittt up.

Good luck to you Ron!! Other than when you play Coach Cals rompin stompin Razorbacks!!

Reactions: Ron Mehico
And I had to use HamuelLJackson because they banned Junkyardhawg

Think I remember you, didn’t realize they banned you. Hope Pope turns out better for us than Pelphrey for you!
Pope was on our list. He’s better than Pel. Pel wanted to be liked by the players too much.

He cruised around town in his hummer blasting Rap music. Nothing wrong with that, but Pel is an odd one. Painysville kid with a Connecticut accent

Arkansas will end up being Cals favorite place. We know how Arkansas fans do
Cal won’t even remember Arkansas at the end of the day. Umass made him, Memphis elevated him, and UK was his peak. He will retire a wildcat because that’s where all his NBA guys are and his lone championship.

Cal won’t even remember Arkansas at the end of the day. Umass made him, Memphis elevated him, and UK was his peak. He will retire a wildcat because that’s where all his NBA guys are and his lone championship.
Hahahahahahahahahahashahahahahalollloolol

Hog heads over hear bragging about being portal champions. Might as well make room for a portal recruiting and draft night banners in the arena because with Cal that will be the apex. . That's what's really important and Cal will make sure you know it.

Hog heads over hear bragging about being portal champions. Might as well make room for a portal recruiting and draft night banners in the arena because with Cal that will be the apex. . That's what's really important and Cal will make sure you know it.

I could be wrong but i haven't seen one Hog bragging ITT.

Time heals all wounds but the fanbase was pretty adamant about not wanting him as their coach . He left obviously because he knew that . I wouldn't bet on him taking up residence in Lexington again once he retires . Remember as you guys always say . Its about the players he doesn't give a crap about the school ;)

And yet how has it affected his NCAA outcomes the last oh say 7 years now?

Reactions: susan2361
It's part of the recipe you have to mix in the off-season peak excitement to have the ultimate fall of a cliff WTF heartbreaking unexpected loss to popcorn state in the first round w an all star team. Gotta have that initial upswing excitement to get those lows yay fun

And yet how has it affected his NCAA outcomes the last oh say 7 years now?
He only missed 2 tournaments in 15 years . His worst seeding was an 8 seed . Kentucky has the highest standards in all of college basketball (that is good and bad). I think the Hogs will be just fine .

They know we will, they just hope we don't. Will be a huge slap if Cal wins big at UA.

Only if he does better than Pope does here.

The truth however, is it’s irrelevant regardless of what he does at Arkansas, because Cal wasn’t going to win big at UK anymore.

That said i think y’all are ultimately going to be disappointed in what his ceiling is going forward. You didn’t get prime John Calipari. He is a shell of that guy.

He won’t hold his players accountable for poor performance anymore(savhir wheeler, justin edwards, devin askew) He lets agents and handlers have way too much say in who plays and doesn’t and where they play (chris livingston, shaedon sharpe, justin edward’s and likely many more), he refuses to play his best lineups for the sake of taking care of his favorites (DJ Wagner’s leash is going to be infinite). These are all reasons he was no longer as successful here. Those are things that aren’t going to change at Arkansas. And they’re things you simply can’t let go unchecked if you have championship ambitions.

This is why very few of us fear him. Yes he can still win big games. I won’t be shocked if y’all get us in rupp because those guys are going to be motivated. But you’re not winning championships in 2025 with John Calipari.

Luckily for you guys, it’s very unlikely to last as long as it did here and i think the next wave of up and coming coaches is going to be a good one to pick from.

Only if he does better than Pope does here.

The truth however, is it’s irrelevant regardless of what he does at Arkansas, because Cal wasn’t going to win big at UK anymore.

That said i think y’all are ultimately going to be disappointed in what his ceiling is going forward. You didn’t get prime John Calipari. He is a shell of that guy.

He won’t hold his players accountable for poor performance anymore(savhir wheeler, justin edwards, devin askew) He lets agents and handlers have way too much say in who plays and doesn’t and where they play (chris livingston, shaedon sharpe, justin edward’s and likely many more), he refuses to play his best lineups for the sake of taking care of his favorites (DJ Wagner’s leash is going to be infinite). These are all reasons he was no longer as successful here. Those are things that aren’t going to change at Arkansas. And they’re things you simply can’t let go unchecked if you have championship ambitions.

This is why very few of us fear him. Yes he can still win big games. I won’t be shocked if y’all get us in rupp because those guys are going to be motivated. But you’re not winning championships in 2025 with John Calipari.

Luckily for you guys, it’s very unlikely to last as long as it did here and i think the next wave of up and coming coaches is going to be a good one to pick from.
Good post and you've always been a good one for the most part.

Cal's been to a Final Four at every stop, if he does that at UA, it's a Win and gives us a shot at a 'ship.

Ok. So why would it be so hard for Cal to add. 2 dudes on end of bench to at least run scrimmage in practice?
Cause with all his magic, knowledge and "knowhow" he don't wanna give em all those skills he gave Anthony Davis and turn them into NBA players just to have them transfer to UT and then beat him in 1st Rd of an SEC tourney the next year 😂 lol.

Naw, I'm just being a smart ass but I don't know why Cal wouldn't get at least 10-11 players but he seems to like play it close for whatever reason. IDK if the man ever remembers or thinks about injuries in past years or not but he don't never learn that is for sure. He "DUM" as shit sometimes. Plus he loves the built-in excuse better than any coach I've ever seen. I do believe that.

He only missed 2 tournaments in 15 years . His worst seeding was an 8 seed . Kentucky has the highest standards in all of college basketball (that is good and bad). I think the Hogs will be just fine .
True, Cal missed 2 in the last 15. Kentucky missed the tournament 3 times since 1980 outside probation. 2 belong to cal, 1 to an alcoholic, Billy Gillispie.

Kentucky has had 3 losing seasons in the last 100 years. That's 1 for a coach named after a whiskey, Basil Hayden, 1 who couldn't keep himself from drinking whiskey, Eddie Sutton, and 1 that drove us to whiskey, Cal.

Here's hoping you getting our Cal will be as impactful for Arkansas Basketball as hiring Arkansas' coach was for Kentucky.[cheers][cheers]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT