ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas will find out why he’s there if true

What you aren't getting is that Cal never really changes. Despite what he says. His mind never changes. He is incapable of voluntarily making an substantial changes. So yeah what they have been telling you is relevant.
I think there has been some slight changes already the way he hit the TP . It was discussed on here that he never would have brought in Nelly Davis to Kentucky to take minutes away from his freshman . He also let Somto go and JQ wouldn't pay for (as well as UK) cause he knew he needed a more experienced front court .

So nothing then. Got it enjoy the ride don't be a stranger when it gets rocky AF tho
I’ve been on this board for going on 30 years, through the terrible Hog times. I’ve taken a lot of shitty but always tried to be a classy poster. Had to change username because I was banned for two weeks and it was never lifted.

So, I’ll be back, maybe under my old username. Unless they ban this one too.

I am not totally disagreeing on that point and am open to the reality that it could not be the best idea . I just makes sense to me at this stage of college basketball (he is not the only coach talking about this same concept either )
I also am not oblivious to what Cal brings to the table coaching wise( I honestly wanted Chris Beard ) although i think he is a better coach than what most Cat fans think.
If your talking about Cal being a better coach than fans think; well you're in for a huge awakening. He is one of the worst X's and O's coaches ever. When his assistant John Robic left, there went the X and O's I mean he cant/wont adjust to what the opponent is doing. Teams can run the same play the whole game (see Gonzaga, Oakland and Texas AM games this year, 2 Vanderbilt games last year) and he just sits there like the baffoon he is, doing nothing. Never runs an out of bounds play other than have a big on the wing hold his hand up and throw it over his shoulder. Will NEVER play a zone defense, even when he is getting murdered time after time after time off the dribble. Will play the most bizzare line ups imaginable. Wont play his best players over some kids he has promised playing time too in order to get them an NBA push. You will see, OH YOU WILL SEE!!!!!!

Last edited:
Regular season will be okay, a couple big wins but he won’t outdo what Mussleman did and that is my honest opinion. He’s washed up as a game coach. You guys will see that soon enough.
Alot of us have tried telling this poster and if their over 40 and watched Cal and his teams he should already know what's about to happen

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
W
What does that post have anything to do with knowing Cal more than Kentucky fans ? Its about todays world of College basketball and maybe the traditional way isn't the best option with NIL budgets . You guys could be right and having a full roster of slightly lesser talent is the way to go . I like the idea of having more money for your top 9 guys .
wait until cals mysterious injuries start or better yet players wont play! Its so fun

Arkansas doesn’t have a problem paying 12 guys? Don’t you have like 4 billionaires dying to fund it? That’s easy money.
The number is around 7 million . Some of the impact transfer guys are getting 1 mill plus . So lets say 3 guys are getting a million that leaves 4 mill to split up by 7 (if the roster is 10) . Lets say the 3 Freshman get 500,000 so that leaves 2,500,000 or 625,000 per for the remaining transfers . obviously this is not an exact science but n the money can go quick if you are wanting the top transfer portal guys and the top freshman . I'm sure when Cal accepted the Tysons had assured him he would have the funding to get top talent or he would have never left . One of the rumors and yall probably know better than us but was that he was not being supported in NIL for the transfer portal the way he thought he needed .

• Wow
Reactions: catben
I think its funny Cal cant win with this years team with two top 10 picks and all the talent in the world but in one if the weakest recruiting classes ark fans think that boogie fland/knox/richmond are going to be world beaters. This is honestly one of cals worst freshman classes now that JQ isnt coming, but ark fans are in hog heaven. I feel sorry when they learn 5*s dont always play well and sometimes suck

The number is around 7 million . Some of the impact transfer guys are getting 1 mill plus . So lets say 3 guys are getting a million that leaves 4 mill to split up by 7 (if the roster is 10) . Lets say the 3 Freshman get 500,000 so that leaves 2,500,000 or 625,000 per for the remaining transfers . obviously this is not an exact science but n the money can go quick if you are wanting the top transfer portal guys and the top freshman . I'm sure when Cal accepted the Tysons had assured him he would have the funding to get top talent or he would have never left . One of the rumors and yall probably know better than us but was that he was not being supported in NIL for the transfer portal the way he thought he needed .
I'll butt in here and I'm done on this It"s not about the Jimmy's and Joe's its about the Xs and Os with Cal

Musselman overhauled his team every year also so we are somewhat used to it .
You will have a talented roster every year. You have a coach who won't watch opponents game film. Doesn't run any inbounds plays. Forces big guys to play back to the basket on offense. When they are not back to the basket players.
A coach who will not play anything but man to man. As you're guards continue to get bear on defense over and over.

You have a coach who will most likely get fired up for the Tennessee game. If you play them twice you will likely win one lose one. Because he is friends with UT coach and he considers that game a friendly rival between him and Barnes. So he cares more about preparing for that matchup.

Make no mistake he will care about the UK matchups. He will be up for that game. Last several years he would be good for 2-3 games a year where he actually coached a good game. The rest of the wins he got was due to his team's just simply having more talent.
You have a coach who doesn't care about winning championships. He cares about bragging about putting kids into the NBA.
You have a coach who will talk down and take cheap backhanded shots at your fans. If you dare to question anything.
You have a coach when you have a injury. We say when asked about the players availability. Will say. "I haven't seen him".

You have a coach who will have a terrible record against the top 25. Considering in most cases you will have more talent.
Lastly you have a coach who will help raise money for the state if you have a natural disaster. Which is great. It really is. But he will also remind you a million times that he did it.

Alot of us have tried telling this poster and if their over 40 and watched Cal and his teams he should already know what's about to happen
What exactly are you talking about? I’ve not made one outlandish prediction and have no clue how next season will end. For either of is

You will have a talented roster every year. You have a coach who won't watch opponents game film. Doesn't run any inbounds plays. Forces big guys to play back to the basket on offense. When they are not back to the basket players.
A coach who will not play anything but man to man. As you're guards continue to get bear on defense over and over.

You have a coach who will most likely get fired up for the Tennessee game. If you play them twice you will likely win one lose one. Because he is friends with UT coach and he considers that game a friendly rival between him and Barnes. So he cares more about preparing for that matchup.

Make no mistake he will care about the UK matchups. He will be up for that game. Last several years he would be good for 2-3 games a year where he actually coached a good game. The rest of the wins he got was due to his team's just simply having more talent.
You have a coach who doesn't care about winning championships. He cares about bragging about putting kids into the NBA.
You have a coach who will talk down and take cheap backhanded shots at your fans. If you dare to question anything.
You have a coach when you have a injury. We say when asked about the players availability. Will say. "I haven't seen him".

You have a coach who will have a terrible record against the top 25. Considering in most cases you will have more talent.
Lastly you have a coach who will help raise money for the state if you have a natural disaster. Which is great. It really is. But he will also remind you a million times that he did it.
Got it

What exactly are you talking about? I’ve not made one outlandish prediction and have no clue how next season will end. For either of is I didn't say you did make anything up or predict nothing I"m talking about how this Cal era going go for you guys and gals history will always repete its self. Good luck to you"ll

Last edited:
Reactions: HamuelLJackson
Good lord yall jump on everything and spin it how you like . He addressed that and IMO its a much better way to distribute NIL money to maximize your roster financially . He will be adding Wagner and more than likely Pryor in the next few days and be done . That roster doesn't look like someone who couldn't get players he wanted .lol

He also added that he would like for his graduate assistants to have recent experience playing at the college or professional level.

"I want those guys to have played in Europe or just got done playing and can still play," Calipari said. "We can use them in practice.

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhh….. you guys are set in basketball. All you have to worry about is football now … lol

I think there has been some slight changes already the way he hit the TP . It was discussed on here that he never would have brought in Nelly Davis to Kentucky to take minutes away from his freshman . He also let Somto go and JQ wouldn't pay for (as well as UK) cause he knew he needed a more experienced front court .

True. When disaster is in the air, it’s always best to change your behavior.

Players improve by going up against better competition in practice. There is no benefit to scrimmaging against washed up Euro guys.
You’re drinking the Kool Aid already and just regurgitating some Cal-speak.
Some of you are a bit uninformed on how a lot of high level college teams practice and how they use grad assistants.

They always bring in 2 or 3 high level former players just for scrimmaging purposes.

In truth, the better competition is usually the grad assistants as compared to the 9-12 players on the roster.

Take for example UCONN the back to back champs. They do not scrimmage their 9-12 players to prep for games. They scrimmage with 6-8 and two very high-level grad assistant players.

For example one of UCONNs "washed up" grad assistants (Rich Kelly) started at Boston College and UMASS was an all conference player and scored over 1500 points in his career. He was literally recruited by UCONN to be a grad assistant scrimmage player.

Reactions: piglet mignon
Cal ponied up for big time recruits in the portal or he was looking at a roughly .500 gay love triangle type season at Arkansas. They will be good. They will be athletic but run no offense. They will run the same out of bounds play that Cal has ran for year. Seal your man off at the hash and allow the guy taking it out to lob it over your head into the back court. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they win in Rupp, but he will lay a massive egg in the end. If Arkansas is happy with some moral victories against the top SEC teams, you will be happy with your season.

Personally....I don't care if he goes to the final 4, I am just glad he is gone from Lexington.

Some of you are a bit uninformed on how a lot of high level college teams practice and how they use grad assistants.

They always bring in 2 or 3 high level former players just for scrimmaging purposes.

In truth, the better competition is usually the grad assistants as compared to the 9-12 players on the roster.

Take for example UCONN the back to back champs. They do not scrimmage their 9-12 players to prep for games. They scrimmage with 6-8 and two very high-level grad assistant players.

For example one of UCONNs "washed up" grad assistants (Rich Kelly) started at Boston College and UMASS was an all conference player and scored over 1500 points in his career. He was literally recruited by UCONN to be a grad assistant scrimmage player.

I still cannot agree that this is the best way to practice. There is benefit to practicing with the same players that play games together.

Here's a song for your savior Cal.

Good lord yall jump on everything and spin it how you like . He addressed that and IMO its a much better way to distribute NIL money to maximize your roster financially . He will be adding Wagner and more than likely Pryor in the next few days and be done . That roster doesn't look like someone who couldn't get players he wanted .lol

He also added that he would like for his graduate assistants to have recent experience playing at the college or professional level.

"I want those guys to have played in Europe or just got done playing and can still play," Calipari said. "We can use them in practice.
This guy is going to be crying over on their forum in a few years. For now, he’s slurrrrrping down that Calipari bullshit. It’s hilarious to watch.

What does that post have anything to do with knowing Cal more than Kentucky fans ? Its about todays world of College basketball and maybe the traditional way isn't the best option with NIL budgets . You guys could be right and having a full roster of slightly lesser talent is the way to go . I like the idea of having more money for your top 9 guys .
Look around ever poorer bball teams.....they'll have more than 8-9 dudes....so how are they able to pull it off. You can't tell me there are some mid major HS type kids that will take a ride at Arkansas to fill out the roster.

Cal is just moronic for going into years without at least 11-12 spots filled.....but he did it at UK all the time and the beat is going on.

This guy is going to be crying over on their forum in a few years. For now, he’s slurrrrrping down that Calipari bullshit. It’s hilarious to watch.
My expectations on the season aren't as high as you may think . I just want to make the tournament and let the cards fall where they may . I know I know he cant make it past the first weekend . Got it

Look around ever poorer bball teams.....they'll have more than 8-9 dudes....so how are they able to pull it off. You can't tell me there are some mid major HS type kids that will take a ride at Arkansas to fill out the roster.

Cal is just moronic for going into years without at least 11-12 spots filled.....but he did it at UK all the time and the beat is going on.
Ummmm cause they are getting players not as talented that don't command a higher price ?

Hell you need 10 to get a full practice in...

This sounds like it may have some NIL reasons. Meaning, he's promised some money and apparently it goes about 8 pockets deep. Not enough left for anymore I suppose.

I think that may become common place. Teams are going to have as much room as they have money.

Cal is leaning on existing players from UK and the recruits that were coming to UK. Outside of that what's he got 2 players? He's always gonna land some talent even at Ark, well unless it's a shitshoe year 1, but I don't think it will be half of what he had at Kentucky after this year. Knowing what he did with so much talent here I just can't seem him being successful there. Ark successful sure, but nothing close to what he did here.

Sounds like you've swallowed his explanation hook, line, and sinker. Look man, the deal is, we've been hearing things like this for 15 years from Cal. We know that he likes to hear himself talk. We know that when he doesn't get what he wants, he comes up with a spin on it and presents it as the truth. We also know that his pride won't allow him to admit a mistake or a flaw. I don't blame you Arkansas fans for wanting to believe every word the man says. It's all new to you. By all means, believe him. 😁

Cal is leaning on existing players from UK and the recruits that were coming to UK. Outside of that what's he got 2 players? He's always gonna land some talent even at Ark, well unless it's a shitshoe year 1, but I don't think it will be half of what he had at Kentucky after this year. Knowing what he did with so much talent here I just can't seem him being successful there. Ark successful sure, but nothing close to what he did here.
This exactly.

Reactions: NociHTTP

The playing time promises are adding up quick I guess.
Thanks for reminding me just how stupid this guy really has become. If you could count on not having injuries and foul trouble, his strategy makes some sense because you don't worry about keeping players happy based on playing time. However, in the real-world injuries and foul trouble occur. He doubled down on stupid when stating that he would use walk-ons and his staff to assemble a practice opponent. There should be no further questions as to why his teams typically looked ill-prepared for their opponents. Wow!! Is it possible for an active hall of fame coach to be removed from the hall due to extended poor performances after the fact?

Sounds like you've swallowed his explanation hook, line, and sinker. Look man, the deal is, we've been hearing things like this for 15 years from Cal. We know that he likes to hear himself talk. We know that when he doesn't get what he wants, he comes up with a spin on it and presents it as the truth. We also know that his pride won't allow him to admit a mistake or a flaw. I don't blame you Arkansas fans for wanting to believe every word the man says. It's all new to you. By all means, believe him. 😁
@IL Wildcat just put the SMACK DOWN on Cal. I like it. That gets 3 👽👽👽 I agree with ILW!

Earth to idiot, you have had Cal as a coach for about 30 seconds and you think that somehow gives you some special insight about a clown that we have dealt with for 15 years? However, Cal might be the smartest person in Arkansas which isn't a compliment to Cal or you. Lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT