ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Recruiting Class Gets Mixed Reviews

Dude, don’t you know they brought in that juggernaut of coaching, Kenny Payne??? He will make Z into the next Jokic! LOL
Kenny Payne was a good assistant here. It’s kinda weird to trash Kenny Payne and prop up Mark Fox.

I'm not a scientist, but I was pretty excited for Big Z during the Georgia game. It was amazing. What I saw after that wasn't so hot. A lot of the time, Big Z's head was spinning trying to keep up with the guards. He had some decent games after that, but he's not a banger with those speedy guards. He'll get better. I like the kid. Not sure he's a world beater, though.

While I think he may be a little overrated, especially by some of us fans, I do think Z could be a superstar in the right system.

Kenny Payne was a good assistant here. It’s kinda weird to trash Kenny Payne and prop up Mark Fox.

Well first of all, Mark Fox is an “associate coach”, not an assistant. So not sure why you’re even bringing him up. He isn’t a bench coach for UK like Kenny will be for Ark.

Secondly, how exactly was Kenny good here? Have you any tangible proof besides the fact that Julius Randle and AD liked him as a person? Sure we had some success while he was here, but that was also when we had Robic and Rod Strickland. Furthermore, it was when Cal was still relatively young and hungry, before he got a fat contract and quit working. And Kenny stayed on for several years after that when we had no success. So again I ask, where is the proof that he’s a good coach? It sure as hell
isn’t at Louisville.

Last edited:
Same roster he would have had at KY assuming Theiro recommitted. Only two new additions to his roster is Davis and aidoo.
Exactly and DJ will be next. He’s running it back Minus his best 3 shooters and scorers. Yes he added 2 great college guys who are older. I still think they lose around 10 games and like you said prove they even win the SEC or a tourney game of any kind.

Well first of all, Mark Fox is an “associate coach”, not an assistant. So not sure why you’re even bringing him up. He isn’t a bench coach for UK like Kenny will be for UL.

Secondly, how exactly was Kenny good here? Have you any tangible proof besides the fact that Julius Randle and AD liked him as a person? Sure we had some success while he was here, but that was also when we had Robic and Rod Strickland. Furthermore, it was when Cal was still relatively young and hungry, before he got a fat contract and quit working. And Kenny stayed on for several years after that when we had no success. So again I ask, where is the proof that he’s a good coach? It sure as hell
isn’t at Louisville.
I have the same tangible proof that you have to say Bruiser Flint is lazy and a bad coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT