ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Recruiting Class Gets Mixed Reviews

Same roster he would have had at KY assuming Theiro recommitted. Only two new additions to his roster is Davis and aidoo.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Same roster he would have had at KY assuming Theiro recommitted. Only two new additions to his roster is Davis and aidoo.
I think Z would have went pro if Cal was still here. Cal is actually telling 2nd rounders to come back to school now just bc he has a burning desire to prove to Ky fans what they ran off. But it won’t matter. He’s still calling the shots so I feel good about it

People need to get over this fear of Cal succeeding at Arkansas. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Reality is he was washed at Kentucky and with that ridiculous contract he had little incentive to change. Time to look forward.
Yep , whatever he does there doesn’t change the fact that he was stinking it up here and wasn’t going to change.

People need to get over this fear of Cal succeeding at Arkansas. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Reality is he was washed at Kentucky and with that ridiculous contract he had little incentive to change. Time to look forward.
Exactly. He failed us and even he would admit it if he was truly honest. If he kills it Arkansas it’s just further proof he lost his motivation at Kentucky and makes his last few years look even more pathetic

I think Z would have went pro if Cal was still here. Cal is actually telling 2nd rounders to come back to school now just bc he has a burning desire to prove to Ky fans what they ran off. But it won’t matter. He’s still calling the shots so I feel good about it
Ridiculous..

You can give advice to a player, but you can't make them come back against their will.

I don't and basically everyone around the program thought Z was coming back to UK before Cal left.

Reactions: bookerfan66
We didn't run Cal off. He ran himself off. We held him accountable, and the AA gave him the ultimatum.

So you can get a job that entails reporting on what random people on twitter are saying?

Reactions: pigmania
I will take Amari Williams 10/10 times over a Cow coached little z. Little z will never get to be the player he could be because of Cow’s inability to develop him correctly.
Same here. I think Big Z is incredibly overrated just bc Ugo and Bradshaw also sucked. Z played like a scared little 12 year old last year, he has a looooong way to go in terms or strength and toughness to compete in the SEC.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Arkansas hired well, from the perspective of getting a coach who can fill your bench this year with good talent. When Cal came from Memphis, we benefitted greatly. Only a few coaches have coached mercenary teams over the years, but more will need to in this era of Portaling for NIL.

Cal put UK in an awful situation by leaving when he did. Pope has done a great job, working his arse off, to get UK talent on the floor next year. In that sense, the era of portaling for NIL was an assist.

Now, all of these coaches must show that they can take brand new squads and make them a team by conference play. Cal has experience doing that. Others are learning. Cal seems to coach a simplistic offense. Pope’s guys will have to really work to learn a system they may have never played. But, these guys are mature and promote themselves as pros. They should be okay.

Cal also benefits by the fact that he will have 2, maybe 3, guys who have played his style. To the extent he has a style.

Arkansas hired well, from the perspective of getting a coach who can fill your bench this year with good talent. When Cal came from Memphis, we benefitted greatly. Only a few coaches have coached mercenary teams over the years, but more will need to in this era of Portaling for NIL.

Cal put UK in an awful situation by leaving when he did. Pope has done a great job, working his arse off, to get UK talent on the floor next year. In that sense, the era of portaling for NIL was an assist.

Now, all of these coaches must show that they can take brand new squads and make them a team by conference play. Cal has experience doing that. Others are learning. Cal seems to coach a simplistic offense. Pope’s guys will have to really work to learn a system they may have never played. But, these guys are mature and promote themselves as pros. They should be okay.

Cal also benefits by the fact that he will have 2, maybe 3, guys who have played his style. To the extent he has a style.
And, Calipari has taught those players that the SECT & NCAAT doesn't really matter and they can still get to the NBA...

Thank you Arkansas.

I wonder how Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, Texas, A&M, Ole Miss and Oklahoma are doing. What kind of reviews are they getting?

Reactions: DreadLox
Same here. I think Big Z is incredibly overrated just bc Ugo and Bradshaw also sucked. Z played like a scared little 12 year old last year, he has a looooong way to go in terms or strength and toughness to compete in the SEC.

While I think he may be a little overrated, especially by some of us fans, I do think Z could be a superstar in the right system.

Reactions: KT34
In reality the last three regular seasons would be killing it at Arkansas and you all would be mad up until he’s bounced from the tournament.

In reality the last three regular seasons would be killing it at Arkansas and you all would be mad up until he’s bounced from the tournament.
Arky fans would be fine with that. UK fans aren't happy about being bounced in the 1st game of the SECT & NCAAT.

That's the difference between pig slop fans and Kentucky fans. But that's just my opinion.

How so? You’re saying in a normal year at ky for cal, Z , thiero, Wagner, would all be coming back for a sophomore and junior year? Have u been living under a rock the last 15 years? Lol
In a normal year, each one of these guys would have returned to school simply because they gave the NBA absolutely nothing to show that they were worthy of a decent draft status. They may have transferred but they could have possibly stayed at Kentucky. The idea that Cal talked them into staying another year and then transferring to Arkansas to, as you say, stick it to UK, is why I say Ridiculous. If you really believe that you will make a good member of this board. Logic and common sense have no place here.

Cal circa 2009 is not the same coach as Cal 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT