ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Game Druthers

BlueSince92

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2008
We all want to win and win big. Anyone have any specific moments they want to see in that game? Realistic or not.

I want to see Pope get up 20+ in the second half and then start yelling RUUUUNNNNNN!!!!! GOOOOOOO!!!!!! from the sideline. I would totally lose my s#&$ laughing.

Druther%27s_Restuarant_Logo.jpg

I thought this was gonna be about a watch party at Druthers restaurant. Got excited.

I'm telling you, this game is going to set records. Viewership, ticket price, etc. It is going to be must-see TV and it will firmly overshadow UNC and Duke.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I really hope we win that game and any game with them next season. Just squash the "rivalry" non-sense before it even gets a real start. At best, they sold their soul for "maybe" 5 good seasons but they don't realize what good means to Cal, yet. Lots of recruits and a big draft night but anything beyond that is a side effect of having those good recruits for a year at a time.

NIL makes every school approach things a year at a time now, but seldom will freshmen 5 stars beat experienced 4's. We'll see how things go in time.

Wonder how long it'll take Arky to recover when Cal leaves that program. The Devil Wears Prada

Reactions: BlueSince92
We all want to win and win big. Anyone have any specific moments they want to see in that game? Realistic or not.

I want to see Pope get up 20+ in the second half and then start yelling RUUUUNNNNNN!!!!! GOOOOOOO!!!!!! from the sideline. I would totally lose my s#&$ laughing.
Blowing teams out that we should blowout! Something Cal never did! Rollercoaster ride is now out of commission.

Pope: ruuuunnnnnnn!!!!!
Cal: ruuuunnnnnnn faster!!!!
Pope: ruuuunnnnnnn even faster!

200.gif

^^^^^ that's Cow running out of the coach's box and getting T'd up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Keep the game close and watch Cal with that bufuddled open-mouth look that he got down the stretch of every close, big game.
I always knew we were in deep doo doo when Cal went slack jawed, tongue slightly elevated and started looking like a dementia patient. That was the look of...."Gooooo.....Ruuuun..... ain't gonna work".

I thought this was gonna be about a watch party at Druthers restaurant. Got excited.
Only 1 remaining in the country. Campbellsville, Ky

Meh I get that it's important but I'd much rather just have a better season than them

Ideally I'd want both. But if we lose the game but have a better season that's way better than winning that game (at Rupp) and having a worse year then them.

I think if people really want to stick it to Cal u need to have a better season and get further in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Pmalone6719
Keep the game close and watch Cal with that bufuddled open-mouth look that he got down the stretch of every close, big game.
I always thought this look was hilarious - he tried to look across the court - like he is a chess master seeing things no one else sees - when in fact he missed the most obvious stuff - like an inbounds play under the basket - or "forgetting" about a key player he should have in the game... or not understanding the score of the game... LOL - so glad that joke is gone. He was lost in those situations all the time and it showed with how many close games he lost. Someone wisely posted that stat and it was shocking how unsuccessful he was in close games. How many times, late in the game, behind on the scoreboard, would he say some dumb crap like "I thought we had the game"... what?!? - No one else did.

Win - just win... then don't celebrate or accept the media hype or even fan over-reaction. Expect to win, and then act like you expected to win.

I want to see the Rupp Arena effect become the Bud Walton Arena effect. Travis Perry comes in averaging 2.3 points per game and hits 10 3's on his way to a 40 point game and a UK win lol but I haven't really given it much thought.

Run an underneath inbounds play to go up 1 with 5-10 seconds left

Switch to a zone to befuddle him and the team as their last second heave bricks.

Only if it's close, I'd rather beat them by 50 and have Rupp chanting Frozen Nugget the whole time at Cal

• Love
Run an underneath inbounds play to go up 1 with 5-10 seconds left

Switch to a zone to befuddle him and the team as their last second heave bricks.

Only if it's close, I'd rather beat them by 50 and have Rupp chanting Frozen Nugget the whole time at Cal
Want to edit mine now and add in this:

Noah (KY boy who Cal ignored) hits 5 threes minimum

• Love

My sister used to work at the Druther's in LaGrange way back in high school in the 80's. Before it was Druther's it was Burger Queen. They've all closed but one in Campbellsville, KY. A lot of the old buildings still stand around rural Kentucky, mostly as either Dairy Queens or Wendy's now. I've had to go in and renovate a few of those turds, It's a miracle some of them are still standing.

Meh I get that it's important but I'd much rather just have a better season than them

Ideally I'd want both. But if we lose the game but have a better season that's way better than winning that game (at Rupp) and having a worse year then them.

I think if people really want to stick it to Cal u need to have a better season and get further in the NCAA tournament.
This right here
The game against Kentucky is probably the one game Calipari will prepare for.
I want an overall successful season, not just one game

Reactions: The_Answer1313
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT