ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas drops 106 on UNCW

It's a terrible loss, whether you want to accept it or not. Especially if they don't win their conference. You can lose games like that on the road. You don't lose them at home. Not at Kentucky.
so what should we currently do about a loss that we have before this 4 game win streak including a win over UNc and ranked 8th in the nation
yep and they scored 90 on the pigs at home plus we beat UNC who spanked the pigs.

Cal is a much more reliable coach when he has a set rotation. Platoon year was perfect example. Injury and he had to partially abandon platoon (other factors involved in loss so don’t crush). Champ year he basically only subbed if foul trouble and bench was 2 to maybe 3 deep. No DJ made him have to adjust. He loves Dilly and Shep coming in at the 17 minute mark of the first half to sub the least productive 2 players. If Cal can keep this rotation he has now, good things could happen. 🤞

LMAO. So all the Cal defenders get to bash the entire board’s intelligence for not recognizing how great of a loss UNCW actually was.

Then they get proven wrong it’s “quit beating a dead horse!” “Just drop it!”

And yet we still have one or two STILL telling us how great of a loss it was.

Y’all are like a radical political ideology- you force everyone who’s in the middle to your opponents’ side because you sound deluded.
I haven’t seen one person call it a great loss. NOT ONE.

I’ve seen a few point out that it is not an Evansville type loss, which it isn’t

Keep in mind, these are the same losers who complained about the announcers, Sean Woods; and called players jealous of Reed Sheppard. They’re desperate to find something to cry about, it’s in their DNA.

Keep in mind, these are the same losers who complained about the announcers, Sean Woods; and called players jealous of Reed Sheppard. They’re desperate to find something to cry about, it’s in their DNA.

LOL

Now your melting down over a game 28 days ago. Again, finding something to whine about and being negative is in your DNA. 4 awesome games in a row that you ignore to cry about a December 2nd game.

Last edited by a moderator:
This took a turn for the worst. Mike-D needs to take a break; it’s not that serious.

Are the crazies gonna show their ass every time UNC Wilmington loses? Bless their unstable hearts.

You mean when you lose at home to a MAC school, and then another SEC team beats them by 16?

I'd compare our basketball fans to Alabama football. You'd rather us be IU fans, apparently.

This took a turn for the worst. Mike-D needs to take a break; it’s not that serious.

What's not serious? If you don't think any of this is serious, I fully support that, just don't get on a fan message board and tell fans how they should feel about their team losing to bad teams. Especially coming from the dude that started the thread. I didn't.

You mean when you lose at home to a MAC school, and then another SEC team beats them by 16?

I'd compare our basketball fans to Alabama football. You'd rather us be IU fans, apparently.

What's not serious? If you don't think any of this is serious, I fully support that, just don't get on a message board and tell fans how they should feel about their team losing to bad teams.
I’m the OP, but it’s not serious enough to act like a 12 year-old.

What's not serious? If you don't think any of this is serious, I fully support that, just don't get on a fan message board and tell fans how they should feel about their team losing to bad teams. Especially coming from the dude that started the thread. I didn't.
That's actually exactly what you do.......

If there is one thing blatantly obvious over the years it's that how bad one team beats another team has zero determination on how close a game they may play against someone else. It's been proven a thousand times over.

On another note, St. Joe's just won by 41 yesterday and has only lost once since Kentucky game (on the road). Guess that doesn't fit agenda posters who keep bringing up UNC-Wilmington.

No, they will probably make the tournament, and they have multiple quality wins. Not sure what they have to do with Wilmington though.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Post both scores, UNCW scored 90. 106-90 and was competitive mostly throughout. 48-42 at half.

Now to the greater point. IT WAS A BAD LOSS. Get over it. It happened.

Are we going to get an update from you for every UNCW game for the rest of the season?

We lost at home to a MAC level school by 8 at Rupp. Stop trying to defend it. Stop polishing the turd. Just accept it and move on like the rest of us.
Wait.....this thread and your interaction in it is an example of you "moving on"????......yikes

Did Reed start that game?

Reed did indeed start that game, played almost all of it (39 minutes), scored 25 points yet we still lost at home to Salsa State. Wagner played zero minutes.

Wagner played 35 minutes to Reed's 25 minutes against UNC, yet we won.

Reed's our best player, but we need Wagner as well to win and the the Cal-hating narrative that he's holding the team back by not starting Reed has already been blown up/proven dead wrong.

Last edited:
Reed did indeed start that game, played almost all of it (39 minutes), scored 25 points yet we still lost at home to Salsa State. Wagner played zero minutes. So you're blaming the loss on Reed starting and playing the entire game and Wagner playing none? Of course you aren't. You were trying to play "gotcha!" but ended up trolling yourself, lol.

Wagner played 35 minutes to Reed's 25 minutes against UNC, yet we won.

Reed's our best player, but we need Wagner as well to win and the the Cal-hating narrative (nice avatar) that he's holding the team back by not starting Reed has already been blown up/proven dead wrong.
I’m in agreement that Reed does not need to start. That was the point. Reed/Dillingham coming in for a change of pace makes it tough on opponents to adjust.

Good lord. It will not. You think if we go undefeated the rest of the way we won’t get a 1 seed because of a November loss.
yes it is, losing to a mid major at home is always a bad loss. And Kentucky isn’t going undefeated the rest of the way.

Good lord. It will not. You think if we go undefeated the rest of the way we won’t get a 1 seed because of a November loss.

We aren't winning out. I'm not even sure if 26 and 5 and winning sec tourney gets UK a 1.

KU, Purdue, Houston, Arizona and uconn are gonna be in heavy contentions for the 4 1 seeds. I don't see UK passing 2 of those unless UK has 3 or 4 losses.

I haven’t seen one person call it a great loss. NOT ONE.

I’ve seen a few point out that it is not an Evansville type loss, which it isn’t
It’s called hyperbole. There is no excuse for that loss, no matter which previous loss you rank it above.

Anyone trying to alleviate that loss is deluded. And most of the people doing so are the same posters that tried to convince everyone Evansville wasn’t a terrible loss at the time it happened.

I’m guessing your one of those since you couldn’t see the forest through the trees of my post.

We aren't winning out. I'm not even sure if 26 and 5 and winning sec tourney gets UK a 1.

KU, Purdue, Houston, Arizona and uconn are gonna be in heavy contentions for the 4 1 seeds. I don't see UK passing 2 of those unless UK has 3 or 4 losses.
Are those teams incapable of taking bad losses like UK did?

The guy I was responding to
Never said it wasn’t a bad loss, it was. Saying it will haunt us all year is what I balked at. We still have a relatively young team and they will likely have more losses to come but I have more confidence in this team than any other since 2017. Saying it will haunt us all year was just a silly statement, it’s an early season bad loss but with big wins over Miami and UNC which have made up for it. Time to move on and quit focusing on a meaningless early season loss.

Never said it wasn’t a bad loss, it was. Saying it will haunt us all year is what I balked at. We still have a relatively young team and they will likely have more losses to come but I have more confidence in this team than any other since 2017. Saying it will haunt us all year was just a silly statement, it’s an early season bad loss but with big wins over Miami and UNC which have made up for it. Time to move on and quit focusing on a meaningless early season loss.
My bad, I got it wrong, that’s on me, I got you confused with somebody else. I think at the end of the day it may end up costing Kentucky a seed line

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT