ADVERTISEMENT

Are you satisfied with the way Steve Brown has recruited?

He’s got a surprise when he steps up here.
Grom, don’t you live well outside the State of Kentucky?

What are the chances a random poster even if a moderator could find you.

I used to have a Glock 9mm with an “LEO”
Clip that held 14, IIRC. Gave it to a buddy as a wedding gift who was with Fish and Wildlife.

32 rounds is Viet Nam ready!!

Grom, don’t you live well outside the State of Kentucky?

What are the chances a random poster even if a moderator could find you.

I used to have a Glock 9mm with an “LEO”
Clip that held 14, IIRC. Gave it to a buddy as a wedding gift who was with Fish and Wildlife.

32 rounds is Viet Nam ready!!

Awesome. I just grabbed a 1941 M1 Garand. Wish my grandad was here to see it. He fought with one probably around that same year.

Also picked up a Jap 1930’s Arisaka type with anti aircraft sights, original sling, all parts including mum visible; and a friggin family tag that’s still visible. One of my favorites!

Wish I could collect surplus when they were easier. Think I’m gonna buy a few WW2 era M1 Garands each year and just stock up until they’re gone.

Oh, and I live about 40 minutes from the Kentucky state line. I’m not safe from leadbelly. I own 6 glocks in varying types. He needs to come prepared.

Wish I could collect surplus when they were easier.
I had an Uncle that fought and survived from the third wave of D-Day until he met the Russians in Chekoslavakia.

His collection included a Colt .45 made by the Browning works in Belgium during the German occupation. It was nickel plated, with flower designs and numerous swastikas. He killed a German Full
Bird [or the German equivalent] Colonel to get the gun.

He served exclusively in Europe, but had a Jap rifle.

I asked how he came across a Jap rifle in Europe. He told me they had GI publications that advertised ish for trade, and that he mailed a Luger to a GI in the Pacific and that the guy in the Pacific swapped the Jap rifle, mailing it to Europe, using the military postage system. Told me it was pretty common to mail guns from theatre-to-theatre.

And the Jap gun looked like a POS. I would have much preferred a Lugar. But he came home with several Lugers and gave them to his dad and male siblings.

I had an Uncle that fought and survived from the third wave of D-Day until he met the Russians in Chekoslavakia.

His collection included a Colt .45 made by the Browning works in Belgium during the German occupation. It was nickel plated, with flower designs and numerous swastikas. He killed a German Full
Bird [or the German equivalent] Colonel to get the gun.

He served exclusively in Europe, but had a Jap rifle.

I asked how he came across a Jap rifle in Europe. He told me they had GI publications that advertised ish for trade, and that he mailed a Luger to a GI in the Pacific and that the guy in the Pacific swapped the Jap rifle, mailing it to Europe, using the military postage system. Told me it was pretty common to mail guns from theatre-to-theatre.

And the Jap gun looked like a POS. I would have much preferred a Lugar. But he came home with several Lugers and gave them to his dad and male siblings.
My grandfather served from march 1945 to late 46. Not sure if he saw any combat in Germany or not.

I’m not safe from leadbelly.
I think I’ve seen the name in the football forum a couple of times.

You pissed me off a time or two on the football forum as Morgouski, but I never wanted to pop a cap in your arse over it.

Gosh, I hope to heck “Morgouski” wasn’t your real name?!?!?

Not exactly 10 million “Mortgouski” households scattered about!!

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
My grandfather served from march 1945 to late 46. Not sure if he saw any combat in Germany or not.
There was some nasty fighting in Germany, proper, in the Spring and Summer of ‘45.

We only introduced the Pershing Tank (in any numbers) in February ‘45, and (at last) had “heavy-on-heavy” capabilities until
The end. There are famous battle scenes from February, 1945 in that German City with the twin Church towers (Hamburg??) where Pershing’s were filmed knocking out Tigers that had just knocked out our medium Sherman’s.

[It was Cologne, and I found the YouTube film. Says it was the most famous tank battle of all time. Uhh, the Russians and Germans had a battle in Ukraine that involved over a thousand tanks, so I don’t buy that Cologne was the most famous.

Last edited:
There was some nasty fighting in Germany, proper, in the Spring and Summer of ‘45.

We only introduced the Pershing Tank (in any numbers) in February ‘45, and (at last) had “heavy-on-heavy” capabilities until
The end. There are famous battle scenes from February, 1945 in that German City with the twin Church towers (Hamburg??) where Pershing’s were filmed knocking out Tigers that had just knocked out our medium Sherman’s.

[It was Cologne, and I found the YouTube film. Says it was the most famous tank battle of all time. Uhh, the Russians and Germans had a battle in Ukraine that involved over a thousand tanks, so I don’t buy that Cologne was the most famous.

Kursk was the biggest tank battle in WW2. North africa had tons of tank battles as well.

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
Well, frankly, I don’t know what an “alt mod,” is, but would like to add to the original topic of this thread. The last I heard of Coach Steve Brown was that he had joined a lot of former Brooks’ staffers at ETSU where Randy Sanders is head coach.

ETSU made a hell of a run last year in the FCS, making the final four (semi-finals) before running into one of those buzzsaw upper mid-western teams, North Dakota State, IIRC.

Brown always struck me at QB Club meetings as kind of a shy dude who could barely handle speaking to a “crowd” of 60 people. He always appeared very intellectual, and had the clean-cut appearance of an actor. I think he had a bit more than a cup of coffee in the NFL.

He ran afoul of Kentucky’s (then) chicken and egg conundrum: how do you get a highly ranked team/highly ranked defense without depth and talent: and how do you recruit the depth and talent if you do not already have a highly ranked team/defense?

Reactions: Gromcat
Alright I’m bored tonight so I was diggin around. Sorry Hack yea, brown is doing as well as expected.

He’s posting under 3 names. He’s been arguing with himself today. This has got to be to drive traffic. And I made sure to argue a lot today. No ban. I’m telling you if I stop arguing he bans me. It’s the craziest snit I’ve ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT