ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently Mahaney is on visit as we speak.

Mahoney choice will be interesting. A California kid, who loves California.

A NorCal guy who also loves Socal.

He has very strong ties to San Diego. One of his best friends is Miles Byrd (who is also from Nor Cal) who plays for San Diego State.

I know nothing about which way he is leaning but I do know he worked out at San Diego within the last 30 days and took a vacation with the Byrd family to Cabo on that trip.

I thought he was going to announce he is an Aztec at that time, but nothing yet.

He seems to be wide open but who knows.

Mahoney choice will be interesting. A California kid, who loves California.

A NorCal guy who also loves Socal.

He has very strong ties to San Diego. One of his best friends is Miles Byrd (who is also from Nor Cal) who plays for San Diego State.

I know nothing about which way he is leaning but I do know he worked out at San Diego within the last 30 days and took a vacation with the Byrd family to Cabo on that trip.

I thought he was going to announce he is an Aztec at that time, but nothing yet.

He seems to be wide open but who knows.
I wonder if state income tax is in any of these guys thinking? I saw where an NBA contract was evaluated between Cali and Fl and the player would have kept millions... I wonder if NIL contract would be big enough to justify a more tax friendly state? Not sure I've heard that math come into anyone's thinking yet.

Reactions: Wonky
Scored 59 points in 3 games against Gonzaga in '24. Saint Mary's 2-1 this year vs the Zags. Watched many of their games late on Saturday nights and would love to have him in UK Blue.

Last edited:
I wonder if state income tax is in any of these guys thinking? I saw where an NBA contract was evaluated between Cali and Fl and the player would have kept millions... I wonder if NIL contract would be big enough to justify a more tax friendly state? Not sure I've heard that math come into anyone's thinking yet.
Maybe...It should be factored in.

Me too. The entire show is great. Gives me that Classic C2C vibe.
He really does have that knack for story telling that Art Bell and George Noory have. The humor and the honesty where at the end he uses hard working research to see if he can debunk the story/topic just gets so much respect imo.

oh I thought i was gonna pass out from laughing about Hecklefish's camel taxi service Get Humped!! LoL

Reactions: dl51344
He really does have that knack for story telling that Art Bell and George Noory have. The humor and the honesty where at the end he uses hard working research to see if he can debunk the story/topic just gets so much respect imo.

oh I thought i was gonna pass out from laughing about Hecklefish's camel taxi service Get Humped!! LoL
One of the best out there.

Mahaney, like most of the guys we have or are recruiting, are not going somewhere to come off the bench. He is plenty good to start for us. We need two or three really good shooters/scorers, and he is one that Pope has pegged to give us that. A lot more than just a shooter, gives you the toughness of an older player, high IQ and a team type of player.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
As a retired Certified Public Accountant, I have thought about the tax consequences. I guess it's just an occupational hazard.🤣🤣 There would definitely be a difference with the state income taxes. Some states have ZERO state income tax (these states will have a sales tax, etc. to help make up the difference, so to speak). Some states have a flat tax rate, where everyone pays the same rate (with some possible deductions like itemizing on your federal return) and then some states have a "progressive" income tax. That means it can go up or down depending on your income and deductions. State taxes can become complicated depending on several factors. If a player gets traded to another team, for example, he/she may have to file more than one state tax return based on states he/she lived in for the calendar year.

Some states that don't have state income taxes may tax other $$$, like New Hampshire who has a 3% tax on interest income and dividends only.. There are other states that do this with other types of $$$ rather than income.

Like I said earlier, even though it may look good with no state income tax, those states usually have another type such as a larger sales tax, etc.

In the example you gave between California and Florida, Cal has a progressive tax of between 1.0% to 13.3%, depending on income, and Florida does NOT have a state income tax.

I hope this helps and is not more confusing.🤣

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Maybe Pope will recruit some lizzid people to play the wings.
Naww Lizzard people are like 8 to 9 feet tall they're much better suited for inside.
The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Reactions: Chase4UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT