ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone but Cal Right Guys.......

You don't have to officially offer someone and be told no to realize someone isn't interested. Oats, Drew, and Hurley were clearly not interested. Guys like Sean Miller were being reported as under consideration. That doesn't happen after just one guy tells you no.
You have no clue. No offers were reported to Oats.

That would have been all over the media if it had happened.

We've actually heard the contrary, that Oats was interested in the job.

Reactions: MbergCat
I wanted to see how cal performed knowing his job was literally on the line. That would have been new.

Now Cal will murder us at arky. Get ready. It will hurt
I dont know, depends on who we can get in the portal. If UNCW and Oakland can beat this past UK roster.... then Pope who beat KU and Baylor this season can beat Calipari

Reactions: MbergCat
Cal is toxic and stopped doing his job.
Uh, we had the number 2 recruiting class coming in, finished 2nd in the SEC, and Top 15 in the country. In what aspect was he not doing his job? So if Pope doesn’t match that, I’m sure you’ll be back here saying he’s not doing his job either?

You think expectations are the reason we're landing Pope? That's horrific logic on your part. We only offered ONE other coach before Pope.

That has less to do with expectations or NIL or pressure and everything to do with our AD being a coward.

He loves naïve fans like you who buy into the "it's hard here" narrative.
I think the expectations of many of the fans to win every game, and the negativity from the media has made many of the top Coaches feel as if it’s not worth it. They’d rather stay where they’re at & build their programs. The “crazy” fans are too crazy for many. I read that Scott Drew contacted another SEC Coach and asked how safe Lexington would be for his children when Ky lost. If that’s true makes one think it’s scaring some off. Ky is different than many other schools. Not every fan base thinks the season is over after 1 loss. You see that a lot after a UK loss.

We underestimated how god awful our AD is. Mark Pope is top assistant coach material for our actual head coach. Why gamble when we could have had coaches who have actually made Final Fours (and won titles in Donovan’s case). Poor has zero NCAAT wins. This is so bizarrely awful
Donovan wasn't coming either.

Can't get much worse than 1 ncaa tournament win in 4 years. My mediocre HS basketball coach could accomplish that.
I’m not saying that I was pleased with the recent results, but this is a Billy G level hire. This is pathetic for UK, the greatest school in college basketball.

Uh, we had the number 2 recruiting class coming in, finished 2nd in the SEC, and Top 15 in the country. In what aspect was he not doing his job? So if Pope doesn’t match that, I’m sure you’ll be back here saying he’s not doing his job either?
He was playing favorites and stopped emphasizing winning a long time ago.

He also consistently went out of his way to antagonize the fanbase.

I don’t know how well Pope will do, but I don’t expect him to be a jerk and try to hold us hostage if he isn’t getting the job done. He knows he isn’t bigger than UK basketball.

Absolutely. If anyone doesn't think Pope will be better than what Cal has been for several years now, then I don't know what to tell you.

The second I start reading some nose-picking apelike post from a troll like you, I know you're not even with UK.
It was more thought out and well written than anything you have ever posted here

Being "with UK" does not require agreeing with you and the other know nothing toxic perpetually complaining malcontents

I knew there wouldn’t be top Coaches waiting at the door. Too much pressure is placed to win. The expectations of many fans are unrealistic. The parity in Basketball & the NIL has changed the face of college basketball. Kentucky is offering salaries higher than what Cal made from what I’ve read and it’s not enough. They’d rather make less than have to put up to the pressure cooker of UK.
We were going after guys who had won recent national championships at their current schools. Those are always going to be tough to get. There were still plenty of coaches more accomplished than Mark Pope who would have come here in a heartbeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT