ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody have a season team stat for me

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
I'd like to know our team total for 3's taken per game and our team % from deep compared to the rest of the NCAA.
Seems we had a few scares this year in not making a 3 for the game till late in the game. I was wondering if it was our total % was down or we were so oriented to an inside game?

UK was 144th in %, 311th in attempts per game, 325th in percentage of overall shots that were 3 pointers, and 326th in percent of overall points that came from 3 pointers. Courtesy of this site

Last edited:
UK was 144th in %, 311th in attempts per game, 325th in percentage of overall shots that were 3 pointers, and 326th in percent of overall points that came from 3 pointers. Courtesy of this site

What do those stats tell you guys? It tells me that we favored our inside play much more and maybe should have looked for 3's a little more often than we did. Especially when you look at the stats on % of points that come from 3. Our last game was 14% if I'm not mistaken, I know at one time we were 3/3 from deep and chunked up some bad shots at the end to make it 3/5. But we had tons of wide open looks from outside but instead chose to force it in. When Towns could get the ball he was an automatic 2 points but the problem was everybody was sagging on him and denying him the ball.
Hopefully this season we become more balanced in our scoring.

What do those stats tell you guys? It tells me that we favored our inside play much more and maybe should have looked for 3's a little more often than we did. Especially when you look at the stats on % of points that come from 3. Our last game was 14% if I'm not mistaken, I know at one time we were 3/3 from deep and chunked up some bad shots at the end to make it 3/5. But we had tons of wide open looks from outside but instead chose to force it in. When Towns could get the ball he was an automatic 2 points but the problem was everybody was sagging on him and denying him the ball.
Hopefully this season we become more balanced in our scoring.
I'm not going to disagree with this one bit.

Cal got way too conservative at the end of the year, something he has a history of doing. I'll defend the man all day against the flood of trolls and people who vanished during the 38 game winning streak, but I won't defend him against that charge. He's the guy who made the statement "scared money don't make money". UK's last 2 games of the season they played like very, very scared money, trying desperately not to screw up. Maybe that was inevitable because of the win streak, but Cal didn't seem to help change the dynamic much.

Yes we were very conservative and got away from being a guard oriented team like yrs past to be an inside team.
I think teams who are balanced with inside out are the ones that are very hard to beat. We were that way in '12 with Davis and Jones on the inside and Lamb and Miller from outside.

That's why I'd love to land Murray in this class to build a team somewhat similar to the '12 team. Teague was a pretty good distrubuter of the ball late in the season Ulis would be better. Murray and Briscoe or even Mulder could provide the outside presence that Lamb and Miller demonstrated. Murray could be a better overall offensive player than both of though but I doubt could shot close to the upper 40's like both those guys did. Inside Skal could be Davis esq but a better offensive player. Poy is not on the level of Jones but I think Skal can makeup for the lack of offensive skill that Poy or Lee lacks.

We will have a good team but I think Murray is a another cog in the clock to make it a very legit title contender.

I think we need to become balanced with inside, outside and the midrange game all being a complimentary of each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT