ADVERTISEMENT

Any New Information on Runnng Back Peny Boone To UK?

If in fact you are correct and WR is the greatest need are in tight with anyone that would fill the bill?

Then there's the issue of DL depth. UK's DL depth took a major hit with Spring injuries losing at least 2 pieces. UK offered 2 DL recently, they visited then went elsewhere. Another DL transfer is due for a visit soon. Agree WRs are needed but don't overlook DL too, adjustments will just have to be made.
There is not an issue with DT depth in 2024. In fact, it's a deep 2024 DL. There may or may not be a DL depth issue in 2025 if Gadson, Gilbert, Ziesmer, Jerod, and Robinson don't develop quickly. I personally believe Robinson and Jerod will be stars at UK, but the others will have to prove themselves and I am already becoming concerned whether Gilbert can stay healthy.

There is not an issue with DT depth in 2024. In fact, it's a deep 2024 DL. There may or may not be a DL depth issue in 2025 if Gadson, Gilbert, Ziesmer, Jerod, and Robinson don't develop quickly. I personally believe Robinson and Jerod will be stars at UK, but the others will have to prove themselves and I am already becoming concerned whether Gilbert can stay healthy.
Pretty sure Gadson/Zeismer sustained Spring injuries that may have required surgery and long rehab to the point they'd miss the '24 season. Don't forget DH-Y missed Spring and is rehabbing from surgery. That could force undersized/inexperienced true frosh into action.

If in fact you are correct and WR is the greatest need are in tight with anyone that would fill the bill?
I am right. You and I can count. Simple arithmetic. Check it out. The roster limit is 85. We have 84 2024 scholarship players now.

Three WRs have left this spring. Banks, Porter, and Cottrell. Dekel Crowder left earlier. Tayvion Robinson graduated. They have a commitment from 2025 slot receiver Quintin Simmons, who can fly. Some other 2025 WR prospects like Dejerrian Miller and Ja'Kayden Ferguson have UVed UK and seem to have a strong interest.

As far as WR transfers are concerned, I am watching Jaylon Barden, Kaydin Pope, Karmello English, and Antonio Gates, but I don't know how Stoops will deal with this. But he has to. That's why the final scholarship is being kept open.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Gadson/Zeismer sustained Spring injuries that may have required surgery and long rehab to the point they'd miss the '24 season. Don't forget DH-Y missed Spring and is rehabbing from surgery. That could force undersized/inexperienced true frosh into action.
I am not too concerned if they miss 2024. Can they contribute in 2025? That's the question.

Too bad about DHY's injury but the 2024 DL is very deep even without him. And I think he will be ready by September.

Davis is a good example. He showed at UK his versatility and scored a bunch of TDs. If he was a 4th round pick out of Vandy, I am not sure he transfers to UK.

You think he would have gone undrafted? He would have been the center piece of their offense, maybe leading conference rusher. I think he would be around the same spot, UK didn't change his measurable, just a much better team and less wear. Levis is a better example, may have never gotten a shot at OSU, but coming to UK turned him into a 2nd round pick and NFL starter, without the move hecould have been your insurance agent.

Reactions: mrschwump
English the WR from Michigan makes a lot of sence for both sides. UK recruited him strong out of HS, we just go a commit from his Mich teammate, fills a need position.

On the negative he was recruited by guys on the O staff not here anymore.

English the WR from Michigan makes a lot of sence for both sides. UK recruited him strong out of HS, we just go a commit from his Mich teammate, fills a need position.

The same logic applies to Antonio Gates as well.

On the negative he was recruited by guys on the O staff not here anymore.

TBH, I don't see that being a negative.

You think he would have gone undrafted? He would have been the center piece of their offense, maybe leading conference rusher. I think he would be around the same spot, UK didn't change his measurable, just a much better team and less wear. Levis is a better example, may have never gotten a shot at OSU, but coming to UK turned him into a 2nd round pick and NFL starter, without the move hecould have been your insurance agent.

I disagree with your opinion about Davis. You can speculate about what could have happened had he stayed at Vandy. I saw what did happen when he came to UK.

I disagree with your opinion about Davis. You can speculate about what could have happened had he stayed at Vandy. I saw what did happen when he came to UK.

He was drafted mid rounds correct? He was a mid round draft pick if he stayed at Vandy, imo. He didn't grow or get much faster, the NFL is all about the combine. Thats why they have the combine and why kids train for weeks to perform at their best.

LOL, apparently academics got in the way re Boone and he will not be at UK this year. Got guys transferring to multiple schools, multiple times in multiple years and nary a mention of academics...until someone tries to transfer to UK. SMH.

The academic problem with Boone is that he’s finishing his fourth year, and he needs to have completed at least 80% of his courses towards his degree. UofL was able to take him at the Christmas break, because he only needed to meet the 3-year requirement (60%) at that time.

What I suspect he has to do is hit the books in summer school to get a few more credit hours, and then he will be able to transfer anywhere, even UK if they still have a spot available.

Reactions: Girthang
With Ray Davis as an example it shouldnt be hard to convince someone what this program can do for you. I know Chip is talented but if he isn’t an every down back we do have a hole to fill unless someone down the depth chart surprises us.
Ray, Crod, Benny, and even AJ as a backup are shining examples of UK putting RBs in the league..... With 2 of the 3 as record book leaders. You can easily do it here if you're the talent and put in the work obviously nice to finally be hitting off some of that.

He was drafted mid rounds correct? He was a mid round draft pick if he stayed at Vandy, imo. He didn't grow or get much faster, the NFL is all about the combine. Thats why they have the combine and why kids train for weeks to perform at their best.
Ray Davis scored more TD here in one year than he did his whole career lol.

Got less carries here, but had more yards, more Per att , fumbled less, had more receptions with a better average all here than the previous year at vandy.

After following Crod, Benny, AJ and getting drafted to the league.

But sure he didn't get better 😂😂😂😂.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
The academic problem with Boone is that he’s finishing his fourth year, and he needs to have completed at least 80% of his courses towards his degree. UofL was able to take him at the Christmas break, because he only needed to meet the 3-year requirement (60%) at that time.

What I suspect he has to do is hit the books in summer school to get a few more credit hours, and then he will be able to transfer anywhere, even UK if they still have a spot available.

Boone committed to UCF yesterday I believe, but as I understand his situation, you're spot on

Reactions: gobigblue812
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT