ADVERTISEMENT

Ansley Almonor

told you in the post, Career stats 6.1 point a game.
Everyone's career stats are lower than their best season's including Almonor's. It's far fetched to include Almonor as a major contributor to UK when he came from a low major team with a losing record last year.

He scored 20 on Illinois last year.

But I'm sure you're better at evaluating players than our coaching staff.
Nope but im smart enough to know no D1 coaching staff wants the player are you

Last edited:
Mid major-lower tier D1 conferences are trash now?
My issue is using the word trash for any of these guys
If a player doesn’t have the talent to be able to compete at this level, fine. That’s okay
But calling them trash is completely unnecessary and uncalled for

Grow up for heavens sake. What if this were your kid, would you want some random stranger calling them trash?

***putting away soapbox***

Do some research before you post nonsense…and that’s from March 20th. Prolly means more schools have reached out.

Moses1uk=Trash poster.
So all those schools sent a message they see he’s in the portal . Then all those schools looked at his tape and seen that he sucks and backed off . You know lots about people looking at you and then backing off don’t you

The Northeast Conference is one of the worst conferences in CBB, but that doesn’t mean a good player can’t come out of there, however it is rare.

Jordan Minor is the best example. POY the year before last. 4 PPG at Virginia this year. So Almonor is probably 8-9th best player on our team next year maybe? Backup to Carr at the 4.

It is going to take some time to adjust to pope's recruiting philosophy. It looks like he wants some studs plus some developmental pieces that all care about the team for the most part. Hurley has had several interviews about guys he looks for, which i agree with. How many opposing 3 stars that have been developed have burnt us over the last 10 years? Too many, now maybe we can dish some of that out. In last night's denver-minn game I saw atleast 4 really good players contributing that I had literally never heard of before.

The Northeast Conference is one of the worst conferences in CBB, but that doesn’t mean a good player can’t come out of there, however it is rare.

Jordan Minor is the best example. POY the year before last. 4 PPG at Virginia this year. So Almonor is probably 8-9th best player on our team next year maybe? Backup to Carr at the 4.
Fair assessment but he isn’t a trash player like one of the posters said. He is a guy who can contribute at a high major. Not a starter, but he can give you good mins and contribute for sure

Reactions: BassProCat
Drexel where Amari Williams is from, is from the CAA, which is around the 19th best conference.

Ironically, the POY from the CAA was Tyler Thomas who transferred up from Sacred Heart (NEC) to Hofstra (CAA) and was a first team guy in both conferences. I don’t really have a point but it shows the level difference.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
He’s going to play 10-15 minutes at most as the backup to Carr.

Carr is going to play 30 minutes a game most games.

The question is whether Almonor is willing to play limited minutes for a high major in his last season of college or go to a mid major and have a chance to start and play a lot?

Ign

Do some research before you post nonsense…and that’s from March 20th. Prolly means more schools have reached out.

Moses1uk=Trash poster.
Indigenous People Hawaii GIF by GIPHY News

He was about to commit to Siena a couple days ago. It's not a great list. Pepperdine was a big player.
Yeah but the poster you are talking to said he couldn’t even sit the bench for SEC schools and is acting like he is 13th or 14th player on a team

Last edited:
Yeah but the poster you are talking to said he could even sit the bench for SEC schools and is acting like he is 13th or 14th player on a team

Yeah that’s not true. He’d probably be the 6-7th best player at most SEC schools. Probably 9-10th here.

At Siena, he would probably be 1st team all conference. So it’s a matter of role.

Ok Moses, you're so smart, who are you going to bring in that's good enough for you that will also be willing to be a backup and only get 10 mins a game?
Ok Moses, you're so smart, who are you going to bring in that's good enough for you that will also be willing to be a backup and only get 10 mins a game?
A guy that’s been in a power conference and Atleast got a few minutes .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT