ADVERTISEMENT

Ansley Almonor to visit

As far as goofy goes, you pretty much own that title in this thread today. Free and clear, all yours buddy.
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

As far as goofy goes, you pretty much own that title in this thread today. Free and clear, all yours buddy.
My guess is they are a Cal cultist that's butt hurt. Probably had a screen name like "kneelbeforeCal69" or something, and had to go back to an old sock account. Now just trolling and otherwise being miserable and argumentative.

My guess is they are a Cal cultist that's butt hurt. Probably had a screen name like "kneelbeforeCal69" or something, and had to go back to an old sock account. Now just trolling and otherwise being miserable and argumentative.
I don't think I've ever called anyone a troll before, that's really not my thing. But there's a first time for everything. He's a troll and we should all stop feeding him. I've put him on ignore.

Man, I’m ALL FOR having some multi year role players. - they are a necessity. And hopefully a few will end up playing a large role later in their career.

BUT, there’s a lot of posters saying things that they never would have said in the last 15 years to kind of hedge their feelings. Some may not even know that’s what they’re doing. Some do.

• Love
Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Man, I’m ALL FOR having some multi year role players. - they are a necessity. And hopefully a few will end up playing a large role later in their career.

BUT, there’s a lot of posters saying things that they never would have said in the last 15 years to kind of hedge their feelings. Some may not even know that’s what they’re doing. Some do.
I don't really see that. We all expect Pope to have great players 1-5. Maybe even 1-8. But beyond your first 8 schollys, any reasonable person understands that those spots are filled by role players, freshman, project guys, or someone who can contribute minimal minutes coming off the bench. No team is going to fill up its roster every year like the 96 or 15 team. Especially with everyone wanting to get paid.

Where did you see this?
KSR board thing one of there writers said he is hearing it’s Kansas and Arkansas and Kentucky is running third, but then pilgrim walked that down and said Kentucky is still very much the spot if he comes back to college. But I’m starting to really think Robinson stays In the draft

KSR board thing one of there writers said he is hearing it’s Kansas and Arkansas and Kentucky is running third, but then pilgrim walked that down and said Kentucky is still very much the spot if he comes back to college. But I’m starting to really think Robinson stays In the draft
It feels more and more likely by the day that Robinson doesn't end up here. I hope I'm wrong when I say that, but I genuinely don't think I am. The Rothstein interview made me think it's Chaz, Ansley, and a flyer for the 13th roster spot.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
It feels more and more likely by the day that Robinson doesn't end up here. I hope I'm wrong when I say that, but I genuinely don't think I am. The Rothstein interview made me think it's Chaz, Ansley, and a flyer for the 13th roster spot.
I’m starting to lean towards Robinson staying in the draft as well. If he comes back it’s Kentucky, but I feel like it’s draft as of now. I would want one do Lanier and poplar, both of those guys are tough to get reads on. Tennessee people are very confident they are getting Lanier but national peopel say it’s 50/50 between uk & Tennessee. With poplar I don’t know anything at all, there hasn’t been much released on him

Reactions: ukpence
This certainly is the feeling I get too. We need a backup 4 man so Almonor is a decent option there. We need a dynamic wing scorer. I’m fine if it’s not Robinson as long as it’s someone like Lanier, Poplar or someone on that level. In a dream world maybe he could land two of those guys for the 12th and 13th spots, but not likely. I think a Riley reclass would be good. But I’m sure he’s gonna fill it with who he thinks he needs and it will probably be a good fit

I’m starting to lean towards Robinson staying in the draft as well. If he comes back it’s Kentucky, but I feel like it’s draft as of now. I would want one do Lanier and poplar, both of those guys are tough to get reads on. Tennessee people are very confident they are getting Lanier but national peopel say it’s 50/50 between uk & Tennessee. With poplar I don’t know anything at all, there hasn’t been much released on him
If it's not Robinson, then it's most likely Chaz. Could it be Poplar also? It definitely could be. I don't see Pope losing out on getting one of those guys. I'd be truly surprised if he did. The last roster spot is what I find the most interesting. Is it gonna be a reclass? A redshirt upperclassmen? Or a high upside guy? Pope hinted at a multitude of options, but he also voiced the complete roster being on campus by early June.

This certainly is the feeling I get too. We need a backup 4 man so Almonor is a decent option there. We need a dynamic wing scorer. I’m fine if it’s not Robinson as long as it’s someone like Lanier, Poplar or someone on that level. In a dream world maybe he could land two of those guys for the 12th and 13th spots, but not likely. I think a Riley reclass would be good. But I’m sure he’s gonna fill it with who he thinks he needs and it will probably be a good fit
I agree that we need a backup four. Although I'd rather have Waterman, I will happily take Ansley. As for the dynamic wing, I personally want Robinson. However, that just seems more and more unlikely as I mentioned. Chaz isn't as big but he's a dynamic scorer in his own right. As for a potential reclass candidate, I love Riley. I've heard he's an Arizona lean, but that guy would be an amazing pick up. Could do ton at his size. Get him to return the following year with Chandler, Perry, Noah, Oweh, Garrison and I'd be jumping for joy.

If it's not Robinson, then it's most likely Chaz. Could it be Poplar also? It definitely could be. I don't see Pope losing out on getting one of those guys. I'd be truly surprised if he did. The last roster spot is what I find the most interesting. Is it gonna be a reclass? A redshirt upperclassmen? Or a high upside guy? Pope hinted at a multitude of options, but he also voiced the complete roster being on campus by early June.
I hope it’s laneir so Tennessee fans can shove it.

Idk if you know who Lathon is fro morehead state but he is a bucket getter as well. I wouldn’t mind seeing Kentucky get in on him
I do! Watched him in the tournament. If I recall, he played point some, right? Not initially a name I thought of, but he'd be a solid addition. I think Wells, Robinson, Poplar, and Chaz have a higher ceiling though.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I do! Watched him in the tournament. If I recall, he played point some, right? Not initially a name I thought of, but he'd be a solid addition. I think Wells, Robinson, Poplar, and Chaz have a higher ceiling though.
Lathon has some injury history with his knees, but when he plays he is a bucket getter. If you want to watch a good game watch his game against Indiana. He cooked them all night and MSU should of won that game

Lathon has some injury history with his knees, but when he plays he is a bucket getter. If you want to watch a good game watch his game against Indiana. He cooked them all night and MSU should of won that game
It'll pain me to watch the eye sore that is Indiana, but I may have to! From what I recall, Lathon was definitely a guy who was more athletic than I expected who gave it everything he had on both ends.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I agree that we need a backup four. Although I'd rather have Waterman, I will happily take Ansley. As for the dynamic wing, I personally want Robinson. However, that just seems more and more unlikely as I mentioned. Chaz isn't as big but he's a dynamic scorer in his own right. As for a potential reclass candidate, I love Riley. I've heard he's an Arizona lean, but that guy would be an amazing pick up. Could do ton at his size. Get him to return the following year with Chandler, Perry, Noah, Oweh, Garrison and I'd be jumping for joy.
Waterman does seem like the better player for sure. Plus he knows the system. A good quality 4 backup is a must. Whoever that turns out to be. That would be ideal with a Riley reclass That’s an amazing young core to build off of. And if he turns out one and done then we probably had an amazing year this year.

Yes because Kentucky will be building rosters like 95 percent of college basketball now. The McDonald’s guys don’t go to 95 percent of schools
Nobody said anything about Burger Boys. Seems like some are so blinded by their hatred for Cal that they want our program to get as far away from anything that resembles him or how he would construct a roster. But not wanting to get the most talented guys we could possibly get and settle for less is not Kentucky standards. If anyone isn't at least a little nervous that we haven't been able to get at least that one guy yet is still in the honeymoon stage.

Nobody said anything about Burger Boys. Seems like some are so blinded by their hatred for Cal that they want our program to get as far away from anything that resembles him or how he would construct a roster. But not wanting to get the most talented guys we could possibly get and settle for less is not Kentucky standards. If anyone isn't at least a little nervous that we haven't been able to get at least that one guy yet is still in the honeymoon stage.
You are right. We probably won’t know for another year or so.

Reactions: oldcat52
Plus regarding portal rankings they had abou, Bradshaw, z all ranked high and yeah solid players. But I think the portal is based on potential ot where transferring from.

Pope had zero chance for top 25 level recruits this year. He has virtually zero name recognition, currently. We won't really know Pope's true freshman recruiting potential for a couple years. The good thing is, judging by the last couple weeks, he seems to appeal to transfers. Obviously, the Kentucky name helps. I'm not seeing anything worrisome so far. If the system works, players will come. Freshman and transfers.

Pope had zero chance for top 25 level recruits this year. He has virtually zero name recognition, currently. We won't really know Pope's true freshman recruiting potential for a couple years. The good thing is, judging by the last couple weeks, he seems to appeal to transfers. Obviously, the Kentucky name helps. I'm not seeing anything worrisome so far. If the system works, players will come. Freshman and transfers.
If we end up having a good year this year it will really help.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT