ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Katz interview with Mark Pope. Good.

nine GIF

I know Pope is very analytical so I hope he works on the NET thing. Cal never changed and had us playing teams in the 300s that his buddies kids friend was the ball boy for the Nets or whoever.

Unfortunately I think some of that we are tied into. Things like the SEC deal with the SWAC conference (why did we do this). That I don't think can be changed and that team will no doubt be in the 300s

Tho Pope also won't do what Cal did in that he invited schools that had connections to the him. We can stop doing that now and maybe schedule more mid 100s teams instead.

Unfortunately I think some of that we are tied into. Things like the SEC deal with the SWAC conference (why did we do this). That I don't think can be changed and that team will no doubt be in the 300s

Tho Pope also won't do what Cal did in that he invited schools that had connections to the him. We can stop doing that now and maybe schedule more mid 100s teams instead.
Its going to take a few seasons to get the schedule where he wants it. At no point do I see us playing less than 7 non conference home games out of the 13 we get so playing in Maui and the ESPN classic and CBS classic just isn't gonna happen.
I'd be fine if we left those 2 events and played in a tourney and scheduled a few home and homes.

I love every interview he does. He seems like he's having a blast and living his dream. He has an exuberance and energy far greater than his age should allow.

Of course I hope he wins because he's out coach but also because I'm cheering for him as a person.

And if anyone says UK isn't winning a title anytime soon, just tell them that this is about getting back to UK basketball the way it used to be, where it was FUN to follow the team.
Yes, exactly
We may not win all the games but for damn sure it won’t be for lack of effort, energy and preparation

I love every interview he does. He seems like he's having a blast and living his dream. He has an exuberance and energy far greater than his age should allow.

Of course I hope he wins because he's out coach but also because I'm cheering for him as a person.
Can’t love this post enough
CMP is an amazing person in his own right
And I trust he will do everything he can
THAT”S the difference

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
In every interview he does, kristas name eventually gets brought up and when it does pope and the interviewer both start grinning all over themselves.
I noticed that as well. He also said he needed to prepare other players for the media "noise" surrounding the program but not Kriisa; basically said he'll eat it all up and grow stronger.

Reactions: thebluestripes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT