ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew Carr Tweet about UK

Love these older dudes who likely are looking at this as one last chance to do something special in their college career.
As soon as I heard NC States senior guard speak after they won the ACC tourney last season I knew they would make a run. He talked about how it took a lot of time for them to come together and he was crying he was so happy. He emphasized how he would do anything on the court to make sure his career didn’t end. He fought with his team mates to get a NCAA bid and wanted to play in the big dance more than anything. They kept it up a week later.

I must have missed Oweh. But Lamont Butler is kind of meh to me.

However, those 3 over the weekend, I'll take it for sure.
Butler is one of if not the best defender in the portal. Oweh, Butler, and Williams could very well be the top three all together.

Expect the next set of commits to be our shooters/Scorers. First domino has fallen with Carr

I must have missed Oweh. But Lamont Butler is kind of meh to me.

However, those 3 over the weekend, I'll take it for sure.
I get that but you should watch some video on him. I did today and I’m all in. Great piece for Pope’s first team.

And I love the idea that after hitting a buzzer beater in the FF that we have a player that might want to finish the job.

It tells all the naysayers that the Kentucky brand without Cal still means something.
I’ll go one step further: it tells the world that Iohn Calipari didn’t invent Kentucky basketball. He was here long enough where his rhetoric had taken hold. But it’s not the truth.

The truth is UK persists over everything. Coaches, changes in style of play, players, everything.

Pope gets it and he’s going to kill it at UK. Starting next season.

I’ll go one step further: it tells the world that Iohn Calipari didn’t invent Kentucky basketball. He was here long enough where his rhetoric had taken hold. But it’s not the truth.

The truth is UK persists over everything. Coaches, changes in style of play, players, everything.

Pope gets it and he’s going to kill it at UK. Starting next season.
It is also obvious that Pope is making sure that his portal players understand what it means to play for Kentucky as opposed to Cal's players first nonsense which was really a ruse for Cal first.

It is also obvious that Pope is making sure that his portal players understand what it means to play for Kentucky as opposed to Cal's players first nonsense which was really a ruse for Cal first.
I can’t believe we as a fanbase put up with that “Players First Program” bullshit for as long as we did.

This is Kentucky. The tradition of the program supersedes all.

Butler is one of if not the best defender in the portal. Oweh, Butler, and Williams could very well be the top three all together.

Expect the next set of commits to be our shooters/Scorers. First domino has fallen with Carr
I wouldn't go as far as to saying that these three could be at the top together, but it's certainly a good start for us and Pope. However, getting Jaxon Robinson and Great Osobor, along with adding a Mathaney or a Smith, are a must to push Kentucky into a potential contender next year. And yes, all three are must-gets, as they are all dynamic playmakers that this team lacks with almost half of the roster now filled. Don't get me wrong, I really like Butler, Otega, Carr and Williams, but most of them would be best in role positions, as they can do one or two things really well. I'm afraid that if we somehow miss out on any of these three kids, Kentucky could very well be in trouble next season. I'm not panicking yet, and I'm confident that Pope and staff knows this and gets the job done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT