ADVERTISEMENT

Amari Williams vs Villanova

No. He had 45 personal fouls in 32 games last year.
Maybe the Drexel coach had his version of a DJ Wagner big that had to get his minutes. Just speculating but Williams shouldn't worry about getting less minutes than he did at Drexel; there's at least 28 mpg for him if he's
in good enough shape to take it.

Reactions: hmt5000
Williams is a beast great shot blocker, great defender and great passer…
I wasn’t expecting passing like that. Or the ball handling for that matter. I wouldn’t want him bringing the ball up court or an anything but he won’t just be parked underneath either.

Oh and he rebounds like a grown man.

I wasn’t expecting passing like that. Or the ball handling for that matter. I wouldn’t want him bringing the ball up court or an anything but he won’t just be parked underneath either.

Oh and he rebounds like a grown man.
In that clip, he seemed so much bigger than his opponents that it was like a trick of perspective.

So did this guy live in foul trouble or something? I don’t understand the 23 minutes per game after watching this. Dude’s a beast.
Direct opposite, he managed to average only 2.1 fouls per game which is borderline impossible for a guy that plays defense as well as he does.

His minutes per game make absolutely zero sense unless he has some sort asthma issue or something which I’ve heard nothing about.

He seemed to have good games against the couple of legit teams they played last season. He also had a great game when they beat uncw. They did split with them though.

I think he will be a good player and while d will be his main calling card he can score better than all our bigs last season, other than maybe peak Z.

Per his average, only played 23 minutes but scored 12 points, grabbed 6 rebounds and blocked 5 shots. If he can be a 12 /6/2 guy for us, with a big game every now and then, I'll be stoked.
Make that 12/6/2/2(asts) and I’ll be really thrilled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT