ADVERTISEMENT

Allen

PG- Askew 25, Mintz 15, Clarke spot
SG- Boston 30, Mintz 10, Allen/Fletcher spot
SF- Clarke 30, Fletcher 10, Allen/Toppin spot
PF- Jackson 15, Brooks 25, Ware spot
C- Sarr 25, Jackson 15, Ware spot

Allen's time will come, it just so happens this year we have two of the more prolific SG/Wings who've played under Cal. Barring foul trouble these guys are getting at least 60 of 80 minutes at Allen's possible positions. Plus you toss in Mintz who is a prototypical combo guard and that makes it even more challenging.

Allen needs to listen to Cal and make the most of his minutes. If he can shoot he will work his way into rotation minutes.

Last edited:
PG- Askew 25, Mintz 15, Clarke spot
SG- Boston 30, Mintz 10, Allen/Fletcher spot
SF- Clarke 30, Fletcher 10, Allen/Toppin spot
PF- Jackson 15, Brooks 25, Ware spot
C- Sarr 25, Jackson 15, Ware spot

Allen's time will come, it just so happens this year we have two of the more prolific SG/Wings who've played under Cal. Barring foul trouble these guys are getting at least 60 of 80 minutes at Allen's possible positions. Plus you toss in Mintz who is a prototypical combo guard and that makes it even more challenging.

Allen needs to listen to Cal and make the most of his minutes. If he can shoot he will work his way into rotation minutes.

after 11 years fans still dont get how you work your way into cal's rotation. this aint it. at some point its on you for your lack of understanding.

Reactions: Ky grandpa and awf
after 11 years fans still dont get how you work your way into cal's rotation. this aint it. at some point its on you for your lack of understanding.

Lol, ok. He has to be able to play defense in Cals system...doesn't matter if he goes 0-10.

I think we all know Allen's defense isn't equal to Bruce Bowen right now. My point is he has to listen to Cal and when he does and IF he is making shots he will get his minutes. His defense will come...you can teach it...you cannot teach a kid to be a lights out shooter.

Skill vs Will...

I guess I just have a lack of understanding. Sorry.

Last edited:
miller, willis, hawkins, polson show just how wrong you are. cal plays kids that can play. allen cant play

Willis, Hawkins and Polson sat the bench for the vast majority of their UK careers. None really contibuted much until their Senior seasons with exception of flashes. Miller was the sole exception to that and is the only one in the NBA.

I hope your employer gives you more time to improve than you are giving Allen. The kid can play and will be an asset over time at UK if he can listen, learn and be patient...kid is a natural scorer. Guarantee it.

Using Willis as an example is puzzling. Especially when your main concern with Allen is defense. Willis was slow as molasses his entire career at UK, but he figured ouy positioning and timing enough to stay on the court as a Senior.

You've given Allen all of 6 minutes to show his skillset and quite frankly he did nothing to draw a conclusion that he can't play. Hell, his per 40 is 27ppg right now...lol.

Last edited:
Cal wont play Ky kids or if you are not a top 20 recruit. No KY kid should ever go to UK

Sincerely and Best Regards,

Isaiah Jackson, Devin Askew, SGA, Tyler Herro, DeAndre Liggins, Lance Ware, WCS, Isaac Humphties, Cam'Ron Fletcher, Eric Bledsoe, Darius Miller, Derek Willis, Dom Hawkins, Jarrod Polson, Darnell Dodson, Josh Harrelson and 2 recruits for next year.

Willis, Hawkins and Polson sat the bench for the vast majority of their UK careers. None really contibuted much until their Senior seasons with exception of flashes. Miller was the sole exception to that and is the only one in the NBA.

I hope your employer gives you more time to improve than you are giving Allen. The kid can play and will be an asset over time at UK if he can listen, learn and be patient...kid is a natural scorer. Guarantee it.

Using Willis as an example is puzzling. Especially when your main concern with Allen is defense. Willis was slow as molasses his entire career at UK, but he figured ouy positioning and timing enough to stay on the court as a Senior.

You've given Allen all of 6 minutes to show his skillset and quite frankly he did nothing to draw a conclusion that he can't play. Hell, his per 40 is 27ppg right now...lol.

yeah because they were not good. no one had a problem when green left because he couldnt beat out SGA for playing time. allen gets roasted in practice. doesnt deserve time. if he gets better he will. but its not happening this year. this kentucky entitlement stuff always makes me laugh.

yeah because they were not good. no one had a problem when green left because he couldnt beat out SGA for playing time. allen gets roasted in practice. doesnt deserve time. if he gets better he will. but its not happening this year. this kentucky entitlement stuff always makes me laugh.

You have no insight to practice and anything I am speaking of has litterally nothing to do with him being from Kentucky. You've contradicted yourself multiple times...

Reactions: Kybluedude
Somehow I have a feeling that a lot of these UK "fans" who want to judge Allen by a handful of minutes, were also the ones who said Tyler Herro couldn't shoot early in his career.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT