ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Montgomery

Brock28

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2004
How close is he to 100%? When healthy, he's probably our best possession receiver. Really tough going across the middle, goes up and gets the ball in traffic, and has great hands. I thought he played extremely well as a true freshman.

I remember hearing he was almost 100% at the beginning of spring practice then tweaked a hammy or something and was supposed to be ready by summer practices supposedly.

Hopefully he's been working on improving his thigh-bump technique. :D

He had to have another surgery on his knee in the spring. Not sure if he'll be 100% by the start of Fall, but he will play this season.

Good heavens, that injury happened in what, Oct. 2013 ! Derrick Locke came back big time in something like 10 months. Very bizzare that this is taking this long, Sam Bowieish !

All injuries and people are not the same!

Very, very true. Injury was a generic "torn ACL", we don't know if he had additional damage like stretching other ligaments or meniscus, etc.

I chuckle when I hear/read people say Poythress will play 30+ mins/game this year. He could just as likely miss half the year, we just don't know. But it's better than it used to be. I can recall a time when a torn ACL was career ending. A lot of advancements have been made.

I just hope Alex can make it all the way back. He's had a hard time it seems. He's an amazing talent.

Very, very true. Injury was a generic "torn ACL", we don't know if he had additional damage like stretching other ligaments or meniscus, etc.

I chuckle when I hear/read people say Poythress will play 30+ mins/game this year. He could just as likely miss half the year, we just don't know. But it's better than it used to be. I can recall a time when a torn ACL was career ending. A lot of advancements have been made.

Derick Anderson, tore ACL in mid-January, could've/should've played in NC game in early April. It depends a whole lot on how mentally, physically tough a person is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT