ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Guyton Tweet On Adam Miller To UK

A

anon_ce2llurbpkli4

For those that didn’t see the actual tweet before it was deleted:

7-B8089-BF-9-DC6-4175-81-FA-BA00061-C07-EE.jpg

Reactions: BlueSince92
It’s called” scrambling to put a roster together “ .
Look I didn't want to say this but yeah. I'm unsure how fans on here can say "Wait until next year" when our recruiting class is about as weak as its ever been and were relying on getting all the "Top" transfers. This could very well be another down year for the Cats. I have to believe John Calipari is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Hardy because its the only move he really has left to truly compete next year and thats just how I feel about it.

Look I didn't want to say this but yeah. I'm unsure how fans on here can say "Wait until next year" when our recruiting class is about as weak as its ever been and were relying on getting all the "Top" transfers. This could very well be another down year for the Cats. I have to believe John Calipari is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Hardy because its the only move he really has left to truly compete next year and thats just how I feel about it.
Things may work out. But I’m not confident about it, and I don’t think Cal is either.

Scrambling? Kentucky has done better than anyone in America in the transfer market. I trust in what he’s putting together
We’ll see . I will never believe Cal is happy patching together a roster with guys he would have NEVER recruited. Minus Big O of course.

Reactions: bigbluedon
So we went from getting the best of the best OAD to praying for the best transfers? Thats not a great look tbh
Its actually better. You have a history of college level success for transfers. You get a top five OAD recruit, and he may not pan out because you've never seen him play against college competition. I think the transfer route makes more sense if you are only getting them for a year.

Its actually better. You have a history of college level success for transfers. You get a top five OAD recruit, and he may not pan out because you've never seen him play against college competition. I think the transfer route makes more sense if you are only getting them for a year.
Only if you get the top transfers and even those show not to be relied upon at cornerstone players more often than not. We dont have a top guy outside of Collins. You cant just have a team of all transfers its a supplement not a solution.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I'm struggling with patience as well right now but I don't think we are THAT far away from a quality team next year. Getting a great PG is the key and it very well may be Carr or nothing which is scary as heck.

Reactions: kl40504
So we went from getting the best of the best OAD to praying for the best transfers? Thats not a great look tbh
Players are leaving every program now. Not just Kentucky. So getting top transfers and a few high profile recruits in the same year sounds like a good deal to me. You only have maybe 3 freshman. But you might have 3 new transfers. The good thing about the transfers is they are proven at the college level. It gives you a much better chance than 6-7 new freshman every year that you’re just betting on to step in and be good right away

Players are leaving every program now. Not just Kentucky. So getting top transfers and a few high profile recruits in the same year sounds like a good deal to me. You only have maybe 3 freshman. But you might have 3 new transfers. The good thing about the transfers is they are proven at the college level. It gives you a much better chance than 6-7 new freshman every year that you’re just betting on to step in and be good right away
I wonder how many are losing 4 freshmen?

The #6 recruiting class in the country is not a "weak" class. How spoiled can we be?

Facts can be ugly things. These massively oversimplified assessments overlook key facts. The NCAA has instituted a free and open transfer rule that is turning college basketball on its head. No coach knows who will stay or leave. Cheating has been rampant, which already cost Rick Pitino and Sean Miller their jobs and got Chuck Person convicted of fraud in federal court. More heads will roll. LSU, Auburn, Kansas, Oklahoma State, NC State, and others are still under investigation. Cheating in the SEC is rampant. Many successful programs around the country are struggling under these circumstances including UNC, Duke, Louisville, Indiana, and UConn. COVID caused the NCAA to prohibit campus recruiting visits and visits by our coaches. This is a perfect storm, the most difficult set of circumstances for recruiting I have ever seen.

For sure, UK's basketball season was not acceptable. Cal himself has acknowledged it. He is reshaping his coaching staff and trying to adapt. I do not approve of everything Cal does, and I think coaching was a problem this year. But the man has won a lot of important games at UK, and frankly I think people could show him a little more patience and grace.

This is the new college basketball so get used to it. I’d rather have talented transfers than some of these entitled 5 stars. I do not care how we get good players just win. If we add Carr Miller and Brooks we will have a talented abs experienced roster.

Much rather have transfers than OAD players unless you get #? 1-3 players
When you get frauds like Askew Boston and Clarke that’s what kills a season
Get people you have tape on playing D1
Cal ain’t going to put no more bum rosters together- I don’t think he’s a great Coach but he can recruit
Last years team desperately needed a point guard

The #6 recruiting class in the country is not a "weak" class. How spoiled can we be?

Facts can be ugly things. These massively oversimplified assessments overlook key facts. The NCAA has instituted a free and open transfer rule that is turning college basketball on its head. No coach knows who will stay or leave. Cheating has been rampant, which already cost Rick Pitino and Sean Miller their jobs and got Chuck Person convicted of fraud in federal court. More heads will roll. LSU, Auburn, Kansas, Oklahoma State, NC State, and others are still under investigation. Cheating in the SEC is rampant. Many successful programs around the country are struggling under these circumstances including UNC, Duke, Louisville, Indiana, and UConn. COVID caused the NCAA to prohibit campus recruiting visits and visits by our coaches. This is a perfect storm, the most difficult set of circumstances for recruiting I have ever seen.

For sure, UK's basketball season was not acceptable. Cal himself has acknowledged it. He is reshaping his coaching staff and trying to adapt. I do not approve of everything Cal does, and I think coaching was a problem this year. But the man has won a lot of important games at UK, and frankly I think people could show him a little more patience and grace.
Reshaping his staff?? I missed that part. Whom has been let go? And when they left was it on their own terms, like KP, or were they shown the door?

When you count on being the number 1 class every year due to mass exodus number 6 is weak . In terms of UK its very very weak.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoshukai
You complain that Clark, Boston and Askew were no good and then when they leave you still complain. Got it.
You and bassfan absolutely have to be the same person, based on both of your complete inabilities have conversation.

I said they were no good AS FRESHMEN. And they weren’t. They weren’t ready. I ALSO said 10-15 years ago what I would have been saying man these guys aren’t ready today but in 2-3 years they might be pretty damn good, look forward to watching them learn how to play college basketball together. I would have LOVED to have seen the group we had come in as freshmen grow, learn the game and each other and get better. Loved it.
I don’t know why I’m bothering with you, you’re completely incapable of conversation.

This is the new college basketball so get used to it. I’d rather have talented transfers than some of these entitled 5 stars. I do not care how we get good players just win. If we add Carr Miller and Brooks we will have a talented abs experienced roster.
still need time for chemistry to develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT