ADVERTISEMENT

Adopted NCAA tournament team....

wildcatglenn

All-SEC
Mar 8, 2005
USA
I usually roll my eyes at stuff like this but here it goes.
Who will be your adopted tournament team?
Mine is Illinois. My buddy is a big Illini fan but has always cheered for the cats with me. We've even gone to football and basketball games together. His son is a UT graduate but still will hate on the Vols with me. Gotta return the favor and show the Illini some love.

The team I will be rooting for the most is Oregon. Worked at the university for 8 years, so still root them on.

My adopted team with a chance will be Gonzaga. If they don't win it or come close, I'll look like a douche for talking about them so much on here.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
Go Morehead!

7Y2RCDUE3FIWTES6Z5L4D2S4NU.jpg

Mine is Illinois. My buddy is a big Illini fan but has always cheered for the cats with me. We've even gone to football and basketball games together. His son is a UT graduate but still will hate on the Vols with me. Gotta return the favor and show the Illini some love.

Plus 1 for the Illini.

Grew up in Illinois...always my (distant!) second favorite team.

I’ll wait until after the first round games; someone will pop out like Florida Gulf Coast, Davidson, or Loyola Chicago. Love those types of under-dogs. Just to be clear though, I did not care for VCU when they made their run. Never liked Shaka.

I really enjoyed watching Dunk City few years ago.

I don't want to root for them, but Im a huge fan of Ayo Dosunmu so I kinda want to see him win the title. In the end I just can't root for Illinois so Im gonna go with, San Diego State.

I do an NCAA tournament draft. Once i figure out who i draft, then ill pick my adopted team. Im hoping to get Ayo though as id like to root for Illinois.

None of them. I've shut it down. I get no enjoyment at all watching a tournament that we aren't in. I didn't even get any enjoyment watching us all season. I'm not even sure I will be motivated to care about next season unless there are some major changes.

Maryland is a 10 seed but I will be for them. I didn't move to Kentucky until I was 8 so my first memories of college basketball were watching them on my 13" black and white TV.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
Anyone who plays Michigan State, Wisconsin, UVA, Villanova, and Syracuse

Georgetown (obviously seeing my username)

Illinois never really bothered me,even that Dee Brown team was fun to watch.They stay in thier lane and have Orlando so go Illini I guess.

Probably Clemson just because they are the closest team to my hometown and in my state I guess.

Wvu I like Huggins. Most So called experts have them in the elite 8.
I think there is a really good chance they lose game 2. They play zero Defense.

Reactions: Cawood86
No UK and no ETSU puts my interest level just slightly above zero. The only thing that keeps it just above zero is seeing if Gonzaga can run the table. In other words, if Gonzaga had 1 or more losses, I wouldn't bother to watch any of it.

Reactions: KFuqua
Ohio University. Grew up near Athens. When they lose I will probably cheer on Illinois...they made me a lot of money this season.

Iowa. That starting five is da bomb. They always drop a level of play when the French brotha and the Murray brothas come in, however.

Out of the teams that have at least a prayer to actually win the whole thing I would probably root for Arkansas except in the Sweet 16 game if the Gators somehow advance that far.

anybody but kansas or uncheat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT