ADVERTISEMENT

Achor Achor (PF)

Kerr,Carr and Butler will only be here one year anyway so why not get better if possible?
Is achor significantly better than carr? Carr got 14 a game is a way better conference. The mid major guys you have to be careful looking at just their stats. And let’s say they bring achor in. Williams can’t be happy, Carr can’t be happy with that

Is achor significantly better than carr? Carr got 14 a game is a way better conference. The mid major guys you have to be careful looking at just their stats. And let’s say they bring achor in. Williams can’t be happy, Carr can’t be happy with that
Williams is a pure 5 why would he care? Reeves did fine coming from a weak league.

Williams played 22 minutes per game last year at Drexel. Competition brings out the best in players. If they’re scared to compete for playing time, then they don’t need to be playing college basketball.

LOL, people still asking "what will Williams think" after being told more than 3 times that Williams is a post up true 5, Achor is a 4 with range. Totally different positions, the ONLY player Williams would have to worry about eating minutes is Garrison, another true 5. READ people. Williams would NOT be losing minutes to Achor, not that we are getting him anyway.

LOL, people still asking "what will Williams think" after being told more than 3 times that Williams is a post up true 5, Achor is a 4 with range. Totally different positions, the ONLY player Williams would have to worry about eating minutes is Garrison, another true 5. READ people. Williams would NOT be losing minutes to Achor, not that we are getting him anyway.
The point is that if you have 10-12, how are you going to play all them? You can’t, you have to get guys who are cool with developing and are cool in smaller roles. I would want achor to but if you have 10 plus players expecting mins it’s becomes harder to keep the team together

Last edited:
They are concerned about trying to win a championship which Pople should also.
Kentucky wasn’t winning a championship next year regardless. I get wanting pope to have high expectations, but he also to set up the program for the future which he is doing. The wing scorer is a must larger need than anchor is

Sell him and Carr on being interchangeable at the 3/4. This kid is a stud. Get him and one of the 4 high end wings we are after and we are looking at a top 10 team.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Kentucky wasn’t winning a championship next year regardless. I get wanting pope to have high expectations, but he also to set up the program for the future which he is doing. The wing scorer is a must larger need than anchor is
NC State made the F4 with an all transfer team. I hope he does not punt on contending next year. The players are out there.

NC State made the F4 with an all transfer team. I hope he does not punt on contending next year. The players are out there.
It can be done, I think people expecting it are not being fair to pope. His first year is about establishing his culture, and fielding a competitive team and building roster continuity

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
It can be done, I think people expecting it are not being fair to pope. His first year is about establishing his culture, and fielding a competitive team and building roster continuity
Certainly not expecting but that should be the goal. For image purposes the pedal should be on the metal to show we don’t need Cal even it hurts a couple of these new guys’ feelings that are only here one year anyway.

And when lohner ends up here what will you say then? Or if they sign the ucla guy what will say then?
You haven’t been paying attention. Pope has been after every dog out there. You may be young, I don’t know but the 96’ team with Pope as captain that won it all had 9 NBA players and 3 others who were good too. He closely models Pitino everywhere from style of play to roster personnel.

Achor to Auburn just makes sense from the timing of him entering and also looking at Auburns roster.

It really seems like Pope and Robinson have an agreement for him to come with the way things are unfolding. I guess it’s just a matter of time and hoping an NBA team doesn’t give him a guarantee in the 2nd round

Achor to Auburn just makes sense from the timing of him entering and also looking at Auburns roster.

It really seems like Pope and Robinson have an agreement for him to come with the way things are unfolding. I guess it’s just a matter of time and hoping an NBA team doesn’t give him a guarantee in the 2nd round

Yeah they have a big hole at the 4 with Jaylin Williams graduating. It's the perfect fit unfortunately.

Kansas,Baylor and Bama seem fine with loading their rosters.

Kansas is interesting due to the amount of wings they've brought in, without losing Jackson, McDowell, and Passmore...ie the depth.

Baylor only has 8 players at present, less than us.

Alabama is surprising to me. They are an elite freshman class coming in and were able to land 4 transfers while keeping starter-level guys like Wrightsell, Nelson, and Stevenson. They did have 6 players transfer out.

These three teams were all top 10 in freshmen recruiting classes, which explains the ability to land transfers too. Transfers aren't afraid of freshmen.

You haven’t been paying attention. Pope has been after every dog out there. You may be young, I don’t know but the 96’ team with Pope as captain that won it all had 9 NBA players and 3 others who were good too. He closely models Pitino everywhere from style of play to roster personnel.
I have been, this isn’t the 90s anymore these kids are wired different. The roster needs a go to scorer and a backup

Garrison was a true center like him though. Achor is a 4 but looks like it doesn't matter because Pope doesn't even seem interested which seems a mistake to me but we will see.
seems like a mistake to me as well, but maybe he knows something we dont'

If you are happy with barely making the tourney..
What do you expect year one? Some of you all need to reevaluate what your thinking happens in rebuilds year one. Kentucky will be competitive but expecting to win a championship or expecting a final four year one is setting pope up to fail

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
What do you expect year one? Some of you all need to reevaluate what your thinking happens in rebuilds year one. Kentucky will be competitive but expecting to win a championship or expecting a final four year one is setting pope up to fail
You do know we had the best team in basketball Cal’s first year right? 4-32 shooting from 3 in Elite 8 killed us.

Reactions: mailman85
You do know we had the best team in basketball Cal’s first year right? 4-32 shooting from 3 in Elite 8 killed us.
That 4-32 is a bit misleading. Two or three of them came after the game had already been lost. When you're having that type shooting night and you don't change strategy you're asking to lose. And WVU was happy to give us what Cal was asking for.

Reactions: twwilliams9
That was cal who played in a much different version of college basketball. Kentucky can go on a run sure, let’s let the roster get set and see them play some games first before we say oh they have to make a final four or win a championship. His first year should be about establishing his culture here

That was cal who played in a much different version of college basketball. Kentucky can go on a run sure, let’s let the roster get set and see them play some games first before we say oh they have to make a final four or win a championship. His first year should be about establishing his culture here
Play To Win New York Jets GIF

Garrison was a true center like him though. Achor is a 4 but looks like it doesn't matter because Pope doesn't even seem interested which seems a mistake to me but we will see.
How does anyone know if Pope is interested in any player. Anyone ever think maybe he reached out to him and he said not interested in Kentucky. Its not all on the coach if he wants a player the player has to be interested also.

Then your setting pope up to fail. Year one the percentage of coaches who win a a championship in year one is very low for a reason
I’ve been watching UK basketball since 67. I’ve seen good teams, I’ve seen bad teams. I’ve seen great teams. Pope isn’t in a situation any other coach hansnt been in. He has the opportunity. Yon can set your as sights low as you want. I choose to set mine higher.

I’ve been watching UK basketball since 67. I’ve seen good teams, I’ve seen bad teams. I’ve seen great teams. Pope isn’t in a situation any other coach hansnt been in. He has the opportunity. Yon can set your as sights low as you want. I choose to set mine higher.
Then you know how ridiculous it is to expect a championship every year then

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT