ADVERTISEMENT

Achor Achor (PF)

Well if you want this kid, you better fork over half the money you have to the NIL . for him to come for just 20 minutes a game and for Carr , Williams, and Garrison to accept 20 minutes a game its going to take a lot more NIL for it not to devolve into locker room frustration.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Well if you want this kid, you better fork over half the money you have to the NIL . for him to come for just 20 minutes a game and for Carr , Williams, and Garrison to accept 20 minutes a game its going to take a lot more NIL for it not to devolve into locker room frustration.
Yeah, I just wonder what this would do for Williams given what Pope just went through to get him to stay. Is he going to have to meet with him again if we land Achor?

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Yeah, I just wonder what this would do for Williams given what Pope just went through to get him to stay. Is he going to have to meet with him again if we land Achor?
Williams is a true center as far as I can see. I also see Achor as a stretch four. I don't know that there'd be any issue there since I think Williams will get his biggest push from Garrison.

Williams is a true center as far as I can see. I also see Achor as a stretch four. I don't know that there'd be any issue there since I think Williams will get his biggest push from Garrison.
And then Garrison and Carr ? this all depends on if Pope sold those guys on 20 minutes a game or not.

Is this post serious? Achor is a PF who is out there shooting 3’s. He and Carr would split time. This would be akin to Williams being mad that we signed a point guard. Totally different positions.

Is this post serious? Achor is a PF who is out there shooting 3’s. He and Carr would split time. This would be akin to Williams being mad that we signed a point guard. Totally different positions.
Yes, it was a serious post. I don't think Williams should be bothered by it given that I think it is C vs. PF positions but given what the simple commitment of Garrison did, it just made me wonder. Not the same in comparing a point guard to one of the big positions (PF/C). By all means, I'd love to add Achor!

And then Garrison and Carr ? this all depends on if Pope sold those guys on 20 minutes a game or not.
Pope was team captain and averaged 20 minutes a game in '96. Not saying the minutes shaking out that way will work here in this situation, but it's possible.

Samford grad here .. thats all I got .
BBN has some questions.

Dick Wolf Cop GIF by Wolf Entertainment

It looks like it's pretty easy for Pope to promise 20 minutes a game based on his history. Just looking at his last 3 years, he played a lot of guys (8-9) about 20 minutes and I think a number of others got 10 min./game. He plays a lot of guys.

It looks like it's pretty easy for Pope to promise 20 minutes a game based on his history. Just looking at his last 3 years, he played a lot of guys (8-9) about 20 minutes and I think a number of others got 10 min./game. He plays a lot of guys.
but when Carr was the first 4 taken, was he told it would only be 20 mpg or did he think he was playing 26 or so. That can be a big deal to many players

Reactions: G-PIP
but when Carr was the first 4 taken, was he told it would only be 20 mpg or did he think he was playing 26 or so. That can be a big deal to many players
Yeah, I obviously don't know what any of these guys are expecting. I also don't even really know why Pope plays so many guys - is it his guys expend so much energy? I don't know, probably because I didn't watch BYU every game like I did with UK.

Holy cow. This guy could be an anchor on any team. Sure, he played in the Southern. But what he did against kansas tells me he can play with the big boys. EDIT: Just learned that he only has one year of eligibility since he played two years at a juco before going to samford. A new youtube discussion is saying that a whole bunch of teams are aware of this guy and will be on his rump like a mosquito at a nudist's camp. And also that there is smoke that UK is involved. Should know shortly where he will be going.
And I am guessing it is us.
Wonder how his game compares with Osobor?

Williams played 22 minutes per game at Drexel last year.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Would people rather add Watkins or achir with Robinson, or get poplar and Robinson and go all out shooting. I lean option 2 because we have defensive pieces, but I think it doesn’t matter. I can’t see players like Archor or Watkins coming here to split time

Would people rather add Watkins or achir with Robinson, or get poplar and Robinson and go all out shooting. I lean option 2 because we have defensive pieces, but I think it doesn’t matter. I can’t see players like Archor or Watkins coming here to split time
I like Achor and Robinson but couldn’t really go wrong with any 2 of those 3, I suppose

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT