ADVERTISEMENT

According to this article Heupel was not happy with officiating Saturday and staged a silent protest during his post game press conference. 😂

Why waste time discussing some irrelevant troll — hey Vol douche — go hangout on the girls hooos board - where you are relevant

Chumlee is laying the groundwork screw GA like they did vs Bama in '22, it's coming folks.

Or getting the groundwork to not get another call the rest of the year, officials hold grudges, Penn Wagers walked behind Mark Richt yelling at him after Richt turned and walked away, and then threw a flag. He was rhe head ref in the dancing incident. UGA didn't get a call for 5 years.

Reactions: mrschwump
The officiating was definitely horrible. There was one play in particular that I was curious about. It was one of the UT third down conversions late in the game. UK had an outside rusher who was being blocked by a UT player. The UT player dove at the feet of the UK rusher and basically caused him to summersault forward. I thought diving at the feet of a rusher was illegal? The people around me in the stands all yelled out that's a chop block. Is there nuance to that rule that makes it acceptable at certain times?

If only oneUT player was involved it's a cut block, which is legal. Of course defensive players hate it. Now if the defender was engaged with player A and offensive player B dives low on the defender it's a chop block and illegal. Missouri plays dirty and do quite a bit of chop blocking.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

Lol that isn't even a hold. That was a failed spin move that got stuffed.

What in teh UK game went against Tennessee?

- We for sure had the stupid out of bounds call that gifted Tennessee 3pts
- As far as slowing down the game....Tennessee had all kinds of dudes going down with injury if we're talking about faking injuries to slow down the temp.

Exactly. DL did finally get an egregious hold or two. Still half as many as we should've gotten but more than the zero we are used to.

The very best they have is a one still capture of a stuffed spin move. Meanwhile they were gifted a catch two yards out of bounds and not even with possession

If only oneUT player was involved it's a cut block, which is legal. Of course defensive players hate it. Now if the defender was engaged with player A and offensive player B dives low on the defender it's a chop block and illegal. Missouri plays dirty and do quite a bit of chop blocking.

Iirc there is a newish rule about cutting on the perimeter but I'm not sure what it is. Don't think it applies at all to pass rushers though

Jeff Piecoro brought it up in the post game and I have wondered the same thing myself but how does UT not get called for illegal procedure multiple times per game? I think it was the Ole Miss game last year that we had a TD wiped out because they said our TE wasn't set for the allotted time but UT runs to the line and hikes the ball as soon as everyone bends over. Nobody is set for more than 1/2 a second and yet they never get an illegal procedure. There are also multiple times per game where guys haven't lined up on the ball so the refs miss that they don't have 7 guys on the line of scrimmage. That stupid hurry up offense gets them out of multiple infractions per game because the refs can't keep up and yet he is complaining about officiating.

Absolutely. We said all of that the whole game. The refs also didn't stop the snap long enough when UT substituted players. Let them snap it while ours were still running out onto and off of the field. Heupel's overcompensating because he knows how bad it looked from every angle.

Reactions: jauk11
Wish we UK fans has this issue to complain about. It can't go too slow for our staff.
There’s a reason you don’t see teams utilizing gimmicky offenses at NFL level. The Chip Kelly experiment failed.

Teams scout and someone figures out how to stop the gimmick, then everyone duplicates it. It’s game over at that point.

UK certainly doesn’t appear close to solving the UT offense. But, gimmicky offenses usually have a short life expectancy. Huephel plateaued at last job. It’ll be interesting to see how he plays out.

UK should’ve beat them 2 years ago in Lex, but we can’t play the “should’ve game.” He has our number until we beat them.

Football is a head scratching game. We create new ways to lose to UT. Yet. UT struggles with UF and SC the last few years while we’ve beat Fla 3 yrs in a row and SC seven out of nine. (I think.)

Anyways, UK has not found a way to defeat UT enough to make it a rivalry.

There’s a reason you don’t see teams utilizing gimmicky offenses at NFL level. The Chip Kelly experiment failed.

Teams scout and someone figures out how to stop the gimmick, then everyone duplicates it. It’s game over at that point.

UK certainly doesn’t appear close to solving the UT offense. But, gimmicky offenses usually have a short life expectancy. Huephel plateaued at last job. It’ll be interesting to see how he plays out.

UK should’ve beat them 2 years ago in Lex, but we can’t play the “should’ve game.” He has our number until we beat them.

Football is a head scratching game. We create new ways to lose to UT. Yet. UT struggles with UF and SC the last few years while we’ve beat Fla 3 yrs in a row and SC seven out of nine. (I think.)

What's the most frustrating part of last week's game for me is that we were in perfect position on a great number of their plays to make the stop at the LOS or in the backfield. It wasn't a matter of scheme, but execution on most of their gains. We came in flat footed, reached, didn't finish the tackle, and overran the play so many times.

You're right though. Besides the officiating handing drives to them, we shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. I still think we lost the last two games more than our opponents took them from us. That makes it more frustrating to me.

Iirc there is a newish rule about cutting on the perimeter but I'm not sure what it is. Don't think it applies at all to pass rushers though

You are correct, not sure how that edge deal works but I know we were called on it and even the announcers were caught off guard, then the rule expert explained.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
What did our guys do before the game started that has UglyOrange pissed and up in arms?

Didn't that call cost anyone that had UK and the points the game? Believe it was UT -4 or something.

I agree that UT didn't have any bad calls against them.
I had UK plus three point five, so yes any number of penalties called differently and I won instead of losing.

What did our guys do before the game started that has UglyOrange pissed and up in arms?
Before the game after our guys ran out several went to the end zone corner like they always do to pray. Ut waited extra long to run out for some reason therefore they were still there. Some jawing and shoving ensued. So vawl twitter is having their moment. They deserve it, but funny part is the ul fans jumping in the comments. But hey that’s what little bothers do, need someone to fight their fights for them.

Don’t let ut fans ever tell you we don’t matter to them.

What's the most frustrating part of last week's game for me is that we were in perfect position on a great number of their plays to make the stop at the LOS or in the backfield. It wasn't a matter of scheme, but execution on most of their gains. We came in flat footed, reached, didn't finish the tackle, and overran the play so many times.

You're right though. Besides the officiating handing drives to them, we shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. I still think we lost the last two games more than our opponents took them from us. That makes it more frustrating to me.
Stoops said they played with "dirty eyes." Must admit I don't know what "playing with dirty eyes" means but it came after yet another UK defender blew their assignment.

You're right and just a short time ago Vandy beat TN 4 out of 6 years. Rest of the SEC figured TN out, UK never got the memo.

Ut waited extra long to run out for some reason therefore they were still there. Some jawing and shoving ensued.
Actually, watching the video of that little scene, after the cats ran out onto the field to their sideline, several went down to the EZ and stood waiting on UT to come out. None were "praying", they were standing there watching the UT players in the tunnel, and stood spread out so the UT players would either have to run through them or have to go around them. Obviously, the UT players weren't going to go around, so there was some jostling and bumping with some jawing. No big deal. Just players getting their adrenaline pumped up pre-game.

Actually, watching the video of that little scene, after the cats ran out onto the field to their sideline, several went down to the EZ and stood waiting on UT to come out. None were "praying", they were standing there watching the UT players in the tunnel, and stood spread out so the UT players would either have to run through them or have to go around them. Obviously, the UT players weren't going to go around, so there was some jostling and bumping with some jawing. No big deal. Just players getting their adrenaline pumped up pre-game.
Reading comprehension would benefit you.

Rewatched game, the officials were piss poor the entire game. biggest error was the out of bounds catch. To be honest both teams were hurt by bad calls or lack of calls. SEC MUST do something about the poor quality of officials. It seems UGA & BAMA get much much better calls than the rest of the SEC schools. THE SEC wants to make sure UGA or BAMA mke the playoffs. SEC does not view UK as a potential playoff school so we get screwed.
I usually try not to get worked up on calls but the out of bounds catch fired me up. I knew it was a big call at the time and those three points changed the flow. I dont blame the ref who made the call on the field as it looked like the WR got his hands on it with the one foot in in real time. But the replay showed CLEARLY that he had to regrip the catch and during that process the foot had already come back off the ground. It was an easy overturn IMO and couldnt believe they didnt at the time.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT