ADVERTISEMENT

AAU Ball Vs. Eastern European Semi-Pro Ball

UKMKG

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2012
Big Z is prepared in ways that AAU basketball could never hope to prepare these young bucks in the states.

He has been honing his skills and playing against men for years and years now. AAU is glorified pick up games.

He is going to have an immediate and lasting impact. There’s a reason he just made a debut the likes of which we’ve never seen…

CAUSE THIS AIN’T SH*T to that dude.

One minor correction. Z didn’t play in a semi pro league. ABA Super Cup is a legit pro league as is the Montenegran league the team competes in. Top earner for Partizan, the team Z’s team beat to win the 2023 Super Cup, makes over 2 million a year.

From what I’ve put together is that the caveat for SC Derby, who Z played for, is that they specialize in developing youth players, while being in a legit professional league

Euro players usually have 3 traits- they can shoot, pass and have great court awareness - not necessarily great athletes, per se

Compared to AAU which is run, jump high, and pound the rock - usually great athletes for most part

One minor correction. Z didn’t play in a semi pro league. ABA Super Cup is a legit pro league as is the Montenegran league the team competes in. Top earner for Partizan, the team Z’s team beat to win the 2023 Super Cup, makes over 2 million a year.

From what I’ve put together is that the caveat for SC Derby, who Z played for, is that they specialize in developing youth players, while being in a legit professional league
Thanks for that clarification.

There’s a reason most of the best players in the world are European now. The game is about more than who can jump the highest.

Big Z is prepared in ways that AAU basketball could never hope to prepare these young bucks in the states.

He has been honing his skills and playing against men for years and years now. AAU is glorified pick up games.

He is going to have an immediate and lasting impact. There’s a reason he just made a debut the likes of which we’ve never seen…

I lost respect for AAU ball years ago, I have seen better ball on a nice evening at the local outdoor courts.

AAU ball is a track meet with a ball. European Pro Ball is basketball.

s-l1200.webp

If you know, you know.

I heard one scout talk about the difference as being in Europe they practice a ton which includes a lot of fundamental drilling and play only a game or two a week while in the States they practice very little and play a high volume of games.

Seeing what he did in the first half the other day was the most fun I've had watching UK in many years.

But...it was only one half. I hope more than anything that he can keep playing that way, but he set the bar really high right out of the gate.

I do agree with the point of the thread though. AAU ball is trash.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT