ADVERTISEMENT

A quick read on Tayshaun and his view of playing defense against a couple of greats

KMKAT

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Duluth
Found this interesting coming from Tayshaun who played against both:

Of course, you can't have a discussion about the NBA without ignoring the palming and traveling that appears to be overlooked regularly.
Interesting quotes from Tayshaun. He was one of the best to guard those two. I don't think Detroit wins the 2004 title without him locking down Kobe. The only game LA won was when Detroit had Rip Hamilton guard Kobe on a last second game-winner. Had Tayshaun been on him I think Detroit sweeps LA.

I have no idea what your last sentence means. The article doesn't mention palming or traveling, and I don't know anyone who watches the NBA that is concerned about these issues or even thinks they are a problem.

Interesting quotes from Tayshaun. He was one of the best to guard those two. I don't think Detroit wins the 2004 title without him locking down Kobe. The only game LA won was when Detroit had Rip Hamilton guard Kobe on a last second game-winner. Had Tayshaun been on him I think Detroit sweeps LA.

I have no idea what your last sentence means. The article doesn't mention palming or traveling, and I don't know anyone who watches the NBA that is concerned about these issues or even thinks they are a problem.
Really just a comment about how far the league allows superstars to get away with the normal day-to-day violations. Getting more blatant that superstars have a lower standard of rules, but they're not paying to see the rest of the roster; I get that.

He shut down Kobe in the NBA Finals and held him to 38%. Prince was the difference in that series as he took Kobe out of his game and help him to 22.6 points per game, which was 5 points per game LESS than his season average.

Last edited:
Reactions: CELTICAT and AGEE11
He shut down Kobe in the NBA Finals and held him to 38%. Prince was the difference in that series as he took Kobe out of his game and help him to 22.6 points per game, which was 5 points per game LESS than his season average.

He also locked up Durant in the 2013 Western Semis. That’s the furthest the Grizzlies have ever advanced in the post season.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT