ADVERTISEMENT

A&M

Catluv

Junior
Dec 18, 2018
I just don’t get firing Jimbo and bring in Elko. Can’t believe that hire is firing up the team, fanbase or the boosters. I would way rather have Stoops!!

As highly as Texas A&M thinks of themselves, you would think they would have aimed a bit higher. Who knows? Maybe they did and struck out multiple times. This is an extremely weird hire though. I'd be disappointed as a UK fan if we went out and hired Elko. Are A&M fans who think they are right there with Alabama actually happy about this hire?

Reactions: catben
Supposedly Dan Lanning was their guy, of course his agent said he was interested. They thought he would be the guy. Lanning is supposed to receive a small percentage of Nike if he fulfills his contract or his fired, but forfeits if he leaves fo another job. His buyout for stock loss and contract was suppose to be around 50m. So they would be in for 125m before salaries. Plus the Lannings are happy in Oregon.

So maybe they thought they had a guy but by the time all was said and done it was going to cost another 75m and it never happened.

A&M is a perpetual 8-4 school. All we hear about is their resources, their facilities, their recruiting, their money. They've ALWAYS had it. Why haven't they done shit with it? They bought Jimbo the best NIL class money could buy and did dick with it. They need a reality check on their expectations.

He even got out coached by Brohm. If he is so great why didn’t Duke play in the ACC championship? Brohm is going there in his first year. If you can’t win the ACC, how in the heck are you going to win the SEC? Terrible hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jont0805
And speaking of Jimbo, what in the hell happened to him? For a while it was looking like he was going to be the next Nick Saban. Then things just kind of seemed to fall apart. What ultimately caused him to go from the penthouse to the outhouse? It really seemed like early on he was destined for greatness, I would have never imagined after his national title at FSU that he would have ended up failing there and then failing at A&M.

And speaking of Jimbo, what in the hell happened to him? For a while it was looking like he was going to be the next Nick Saban. Then things just kind of seemed to fall apart. What ultimately caused him to go from the penthouse to the outhouse? It really seemed like early on he was destined for greatness, I would have never imagined after his national title at FSU that he would have ended up failing there and then failing at A&M.

I think the obvious is the difference between the SEC and the ACC as we just saw on Saturday.

Number 2 team in ACC vs a team with a losing SEC record and win goes to SEC.

Which makes it even more perplexing that they hired another ACC coach.

Reactions: entropy13
He even got out coached by Brohm. If he is so great why didn’t Duke play in the ACC championship? Brohm is going there in his first year. If you can’t win the ACC, how in the heck are you going to win the SEC? Terrible hire.
Elko may bomb there I have no idea but they lost their qb and best player in game 5 vs Notre Dame. Prior to that good after that not good.

You talking about Jimbo Fisher? No one ever thought he was the next Saban, FSU was ready to fire him and Jamis came alone and won him a NC. He left FSU in a mess. ATM was a mess when he arrived and is still a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT