If this AI was worth a damn it'd clearly started with:

Rat shit!
Bat shit!
Dirty old twat!
69 assholes tied in a knot!
Hooraaaay!
Lizard shit!
****!

But in all seriousness, I only listened to a couple of minutes but this is a huge miss. I actually was expecting something a little too creepily like him, but this isn't anything resembling Carlin. It's too chipper and gimmicky comedy and showy. It misses all the dark subtleties and out-of-this world ballsy wit and the way he'd take a wild idea and shake it down to it's nth degree through genius storytelling. In other words, this AI is much like poop in the butt.

Not great. Not awful. It talks way too fast and without enough pauses and sloooow downs with a deep voice to be really good. Carlin changed cadence frequency. This thing is just stuck in one gear most of the time.

Decent jokes though. Made it 5 minutes and needed to break. Too monotonous. A real life great comic changes pace and tone, keeps the audience on their feet. This thing had my heart racing tryin to keep up.

I’ll watch the rest later.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
This shit is extremely bad for humanity.
One reason I put this here was to hear if people thought that. I watched it thinking about claims from the film and television writers strike that they thought AI needed to be addressed now. I thought, like others so far, that the voice and presentation was weird, but the material was really close.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Right now AI can't articulate like a true human.

That said, AI has come along with in a very short time. They will perfect it eventually, and when they do no one will know what is real and what is fake.

I don't know about dying but it looks like his teeth went flying. I had another one of those losing teeth dreams last night. I hate those damn things. I only lost one last night. I usually lose my whole set. Dreaming about losing teeth. I must be concerned about losing something.
Actually most dreams don’t mean jack shit. According to scientists who study that stuff.

Welp, screw that video. Listened to a minute of it which was unfunny, not creative, and rather creepy. What's the point of someone telling us they're not Carlin and then putting in the "work" to "become" Carlin? Trust me, I'd love to hear George Carlin's opinions on issues like current day politics, wokism, covid, going from Obama to Trump to Biden to either Biden again or back to Trump, etc. My guess is he'd think we've all lost our collective minds from internet screaming at each other to idol worship of political figures. Anyways, here's a clip of the real, once alive George Carlin:

Actually most dreams don’t mean jack shit. According to scientists who study that stuff.
When I was a kid I used to have dreams where I’d be in a fight but I couldn’t hit the guy I was fighting. Like I just had these slow haymakers and always missed. I had been in neighborhood scraps before but I was always scared to punch somebody, so my these consisted of wrestling basically.

Then I got into a REAL fight and laid this dude out. Never had a dream about not being able to punch a guy again.

Reactions: RunninRichie
When I was a kid I used to have dreams where I’d be in a fight but I couldn’t hit the guy I was fighting. Like I just had these slow haymakers and always missed. I had been in neighborhood scraps before but I was always scared to punch somebody, so my these consisted of wrestling basically.

Then I got into a REAL fight and laid this dude out. Never had a dream about not being able to punch a guy again.

Lol
False.

I had a dream about zombies last night.

Interesting, but not good enough. A large part of Carlin's appeal was his facial expressions and mannerisms. The AI needed a video-recreation as well as audio.

Reactions: The-Hack
Who didn't see this coming? You can say at the beginning "This isn't the real George Carlin" a bunch of times but I'm not sure that allows you to then post a special using AI to recreate the man. But maybe I'm wrong. There are YouTube audio videos with AI Frank Sinatra singing modern songs and his estate hasn't shut that down yet.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Who didn't see this coming? You can say at the beginning "This isn't the real George Carlin" a bunch of times but I'm not sure that allows you to then post a special using AI to recreate the man. But maybe I'm wrong. There are YouTube audio videos with AI Frank Sinatra singing modern songs and his estate hasn't shut that down yet.
Guess it depends on how much they give a shit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT