ADVERTISEMENT

8,000,000 Apply for Student Loan Forgiveness

Glad they cancelled the student debt freebie. What a poor way to teach the youth
Agreed. I have twin sons 41 years old. One went to college for a couple of years and then joined the Marines and fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. He served for 4 years and got $55K for college and got a degree in nursing (OR/ER). He still has some debt but it is almost paid off as he works in a hospital in Tennessee. He has a wife and 5 kids and has done pretty well.

The other became a professional student and stopped going to college about 4 years ago. He bounced around in different majors and eventually wanted to become a professor and teach in college. Never happened. He got grants and loans to help pay for his many years in college and now has massive debt. He works for an Apple store in Knoxville making about 26 an hour. He has no rent or car payment because I gave him my old truck and he lives with a doctor and his wife (also a doctor) in their extra room built onto the house. He takes care of their dog and yard work so he can live rent/utilities free. He is a big liberal who believes in UBI, debt forgiveness and those who complain about not being ask to be born into this world to be taken care of by the taxpayer (seriously). Just crazy stuff.

He ask me why I did not support the debt forgiveness plan and I simply told him that we are responsible for ourselves and should not be someone else's burden. I also told him he needs to grow up and take care of himself.

Come on man, you’re too old to be using young people lingo like that
Na, Kens have been around since Barbie came on the scene. They have just recently switched sides now and have decided to go with unattractive women like the Karens because they are scared of the repercussions if they don't.

Last edited:
Na, Kens have been around since Barbie came on the scene. They have just recently switched sides now and have decided to go with unattractive women like the Karens because they are scared or the repercussions if they don't.
I don’t know what the hell you just typed but that’s not what a Ken is. Just stick with the words that you know

• Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd
I don’t know what the hell you just typed but that’s not what a Ken is. Just stick with the words that you know
Perhaps you should take your own advice from an earlier post and not take this so personally. It was a joke. I know what Kens and Karens are. You guys are everywhere.

If you don't understand or know what I typed next time, don't respond.

Perhaps you should take your own advice from an earlier post and not take this so personally. It was a joke. I know what Kens and Karens are. You guys are everywhere.

If you don't understand or know what I typed next time, don't respond.
Not sure what part of that you thought that I took personally but trust me, I’m not offended. Ken’s and Karen’s are (almost always white) people who have a sense of entitlement and then throw fits when they don’t get their way. That is why your joke made no sense.

• Haha
Not sure what part of that you thought that I took personally but trust me, I’m not offended. Ken’s and Karen’s are (almost always white) people who have a sense of entitlement and then throw fits when they don’t get their way. That is why your joke made no sense.
The fact that you did not get the joke is not surprising. Plus, throw in your point of Kens and Karens are almost always white well...your point of view and ability to understand is skewed.

Trust me I’m not offended = offended
Having to explain your racist comment = democrat

The fact that you did not get the joke is not surprising. Plus, throw in your point of Kens and Karens are almost always white well...your point of view and ability to understand is skewed.
Sir, I don’t make up the “rules” on which race is or isn’t considered a Karen. You made an old man joke that didn’t apply to the meaning of the term, no one expects you to understand the lingo of younger generations. It’s ok

• Haha
Trust me I’m not offended = offended
Having to explain your racist comment = democrat
Racist comment? That’s a stretch, it’s well known that the term “Karen” is almost always applied to white women. It’s ironic that you’re claiming I’m offending when you clearly took some kind of offense to what I said that you felt the need to reply.

• Haha
Racist comment? That’s a stretch, it’s well known that the term “Karen” is almost always applied to white women. It’s ironic that you’re claiming I’m offending when you clearly took some kind of offense to what I said that you felt the need to reply.
Word salad try again

Bro has apparently never seen a Huddle House/Denny’s/Waffle House late night video before… that’s NOTHING but “Karens & Chads” which are most certainly not white 97% of the time lol.

Bro has apparently never seen a Huddle House/Denny’s/Waffle House late night video before… that’s NOTHING but “Karens & Chads” which are most certainly not white 97% of the time lol.
And no one is calling those people Karen and Chad because that’s not what the terms applies to. Waffle House fights are a category of their own lol

Sir, I don’t make up the “rules” on which race is or isn’t considered a Karen. You made an old man joke that didn’t apply to the meaning of the term, no one expects you to understand the lingo of younger generations. It’s ok
False.

But enough about PPP borrowers.

You think the federal government shutting down the economy, then telling businesses they will give forgivable loans to companies if the companies pass that money on to employees in the form of wages (rather than sending those employees to the unemployment system) is somehow comparable to kids taking out loans to buy college degrees, knowing full well those loans need to be paid back (as opposed to the PPP program where you had to pay the loan back if you didn’t spend it on the expenses congress said they would forgive it for)?

I see lefties bringing up the PPP loans all the time when whining about their student loans being forgiven. It seems like you all possess the cognitive function of Joe Biden, because there really is no comparison if you have any idea what you’re talking about.

That’s not a defense of the federal government missteps during Covid, or the PPP loans. Just pointing out how dumb one has to be to think PPP loans are comparable to student loans.

Nah not offended at all - just pointing out your awful posting - you seem awfully passive/aggressive on here - guessing you’re a democrat?
You got offended cause I talked about white people, it’s not that hard to see. But yes, if you truly care so much about it, I’m a registered democrat. I invite you to make some tired remark about how all democrats are terrible people who hate America or whatever nonsense that you feel the need to say. I’m sure it will hit me deep in my feelings.

• Haha
I wouldn't presume to speak for Wesley, but for myself; if you are a registered Democrat or Republican, you're the problem.
Your two parties have been hi-jacked by insane mouth-breathers.

You got offended cause I talked about white people, it’s not that hard to see. But yes, if you truly care so much about it, I’m a registered democrat. I invite you to make some tired remark about how all democrats are terrible people who hate America or whatever nonsense that you feel the need to say. I’m sure it will hit me deep in my feelings.
Word salad you need to work on being concise

You think the federal government shutting down the economy, then telling businesses they will give forgivable loans to companies if the companies pass that money on to employees in the form of wages (rather than sending those employees to the unemployment system) is somehow comparable to kids taking out loans to buy college degrees, knowing full well those loans need to be paid back (as opposed to the PPP program where you had to pay the loan back if you didn’t spend it on the expenses congress said they would forgive it for)?

I see lefties bringing up the PPP loans all the time when whining about their student loans being forgiven. It seems like you all possess the cognitive function of Joe Biden, because there really is no comparison if you have any idea what you’re talking about.

That’s not a defense of the federal government missteps during Covid, or the PPP loans. Just pointing out how dumb one has to be to think PPP loans are comparable to student loans.
If it weren’t for false arguments and comparisons, they’d have none. It’s true in nearly every issue.

I don’t know how much Biden was involved, but this is precisely what caused the issue. Why the GOP won’t go all in on this topic shows they are complicit.
There have been proposed bills, but I have not reviewed them. Some limit the loan to degrees that have statistical market value, I believe.

I don’t know how much Biden was involved, but this is precisely what caused the issue. Why the GOP won’t go all in on this topic shows they are complicit.

They're so incompetent I waiver back and forth between they're incompetent or complicit.

Is the loan forgiveness back on? Caught the tail end of news story and it seemed to state as much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT