ADVERTISEMENT

46 Unexpected Points From 2 Players

Edwards 10-10 for 28 points
Zivisic with 18 points

If these two can contribute going forward, our offense will be top notch.
Since his first game Z hasn't been given a chance to perform. He has shown that he can produce when given the chance. So what that he isn't the best at defense. He can score enough points to offset any loss of defense when he is on the court. With time, the kid can learn to play defense and he is certainly worth the chance. He certainly wouldn't do any worse than Bradshaw stumbling around the court without a clue as to what he should be doing.

Last edited:
Since his first game Z hasn't been given a chance to perform. He has shown that he can produce when given the chance. So what that he isn't best at defense. He can score enough points to offset any loss of defense when he is on the court. With time, the kid can learn to play defense and he is certainly worthy the chance. He certainly wouldn't do any worse than Bradshaw stumbling around the court without a clue as to what he should be doing.
Liked the post and now speak on Edwards.

Ivisic is elite for a 7 footer in the pick n roll/pop. Dragging his man out to the 3 point line opens up our entire offense. So we go from really good to elite offensively. My 2 cents.
Exactly

Since his first game Z hasn't been given a chance to perform. He has shown that he can produce when given the chance. So what that he isn't best at defense. He can score enough points to offset any loss of defense when he is on the court. With time, the kid can learn to play defense and he is certainly worthy the chance. He certainly wouldn't do any worse than Bradshaw stumbling around the court without a clue as to what he should be doing.
The defense matters, and he was better at that today. Bama plays similarly to us. If we're up against a team with physical big man... It's Ugo time. Definitely some scenarios where Big Z is the better option, but certainly not from here on out.

The defense matters, and he was better at that today. Bama plays similarly to us. If we're up against a team with physical big man... It's Ugo time. Definitely some scenarios where Big Z is the better option, but certainly not from here on out.
If defense matters, why doesn't it appear to matter when Bradshaw is stumbling around the court like a Saturday night drunk? If Z is allowed to play facing the basket, his shooting skills will force the opponents big from under the basket to guard him. He can be as much of a mismatch for an opponent as an opponent's physical big man if he is used properly.

Probably some of both. I just rememeber him nearly passing out from exhaustion on the court the first half of the season.
I am not sure what the difference is, but he has been given plenty of opportunities to demonstrate he belongs on the court. I tip my hat to him for finally taking advantage of his opportunity. If he continues playing anywhere close to the past two games, he will have proven that the early season sacrifice was worth it.

It’s all about matchups and 80% of the league is a bad matchup for Ivisic. Ivisic has been great in a couple games then non existent in others. I think cal is gonna roll with ugo a ton of min against these more defensive oriented teams and teams that want to run he’s gonna play Ivisic more min.

Since his first game Z hasn't been given a chance to perform. He has shown that he can produce when given the chance. So what that he isn't the best at defense. He can score enough points to offset any loss of defense when he is on the court. With time, the kid can learn to play defense and he is certainly worth the chance. He certainly wouldn't do any worse than Bradshaw stumbling around the court without a clue as to what he should be doing.
Fair points, but in some games we needed D really badly

Cal let Z break a sweat tonight and bingo

Reactions: TFCats11
If defense matters, why doesn't it appear to matter when Bradshaw is stumbling around the court like a Saturday night drunk? If Z is allowed to play facing the basket, his shooting skills will force the opponents big from under the basket to guard him. He can be as much of a mismatch for an opponent as an opponent's physical big man if he is used properly.
I didn't say anything about Bradshaw... He's clearly #3 in the pecking order of our big men, and their minutes reflect that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT