ADVERTISEMENT

4-star RB Marquise Davis commits to Kentucky

If Barion and Key play good enough to get good draft grades and leave early.....then there will be a line of great CFB wide recievers from the portal begging to come play for UK and catch passes from Vandagriff in 2025

It would be a problem that solves itself

Brown's top end speed and potential gets him drafted. Key's hands and toughness gets him drafted in a lower round, maybe 5th.
Maybe. They also have had major weaknesses in their games. Browns special teams ability is a big plus for him . I will say that they may make huge strides in development since this is their first year of being coached by an actual D1 receivers coach .

Maybe. They also have had major weaknesses in their games. Browns special teams ability is a big plus for him . I will say that they may make huge strides in development since this is their first year of being coached by an actual D1 receivers coach .
agree. I’m optimistic they’ll both be better this year and open fans eyes to their lack of development in areas.

Brown has to get stronger and break more tackles. He adds that element to his game he’ll be an early round pick.

I think Key has a lower ceiling. He could get stronger too but running sharper routes would make up for his (NFL) lack of burst that he wasn’t born with.

The new NFL kickoff rules if permanent after this year 1 test run make Barion a 1st rounder

I go back and forth if Ray is better than both but don’t feel strongly.

The fact that Ray scored a TD once for every ten touches, approximately the same efficiency as Barry Sanders at Oklahoma State in 1988 (greatest single season by a back!?!), augers well for believing that Ray Davis was the greatest back under Stoops. For comparison, Benny was a TD for every 18 touches, and
Henry in his Heisman campaign at Bama was one for every 12.7 touches.

Oh, and Sanders returned kickoffs, scoring several touchdowns on those returns in 1988.

I wish we’d had Ray Davis for three full seasons!

The fact that Ray scored a TD once for every ten touches, approximately the same efficiency as Barry Sanders at Oklahoma State in 1988 (greatest single season by a back!?!), augers well for believing that Ray Davis was the greatest back under Stoops. For comparison, Benny was a TD for every 18 touches, and

Oh, and Sanders returned kickoffs, scoring several touchdowns on those returns in 1988.

I def put Ray ahead of Benny. That ones easy for me. I could go either way on Ray vs CRod.

To your point of how good UK is for RBs under Stoops:
In UK's 98 seasons before Stoops, UK had EIGHT 1,000 rushers. That includes Collins and Little twice each.
In Stoops' ELEVEN season, UK has had SEVEN 1,000 rushers. Granted, that is Snell, Jr three times, but it also includes TWO 1,000 rushers in Boom and Benny in one season (2016). UK has had at least one 1,000 rusher in every season since 2016 except for two: 2020 (C19) and 2022 (CRod missed 4 games).

I know those factoids have no bearing on the WR discussion in this thread, but it is fun to discuss.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT