ADVERTISEMENT

4 star DE Brian Robinson chooses KENTUCKY

A reminder that Barker's career was curtailed by a career ending back injury. Wasn't Barker's fault, wasn't Stoops fault....just bad luck.
Barker was never going to play here. Along with all the others. Towles lucked out by not having much competition but I guarantee they were looking for someone else.
The list is long and the data is there.

All I’m saying is it would be nice for stoops to be able to real in one food qb in his time here that ends up being a star

I know not everyone pans out but how do you guys think the twins feel about this commitment? Don't they all play the same position? OLB?
Jerod Smith - DE
Jacob Smith - SLB
Brian Robinson- JACK
Devin Smith - MLB
Antwan Smith - WLB

The only person that’s not gonna be happy is the announcer having to keep all these Smith’s straight.

I assume one of the smith's will be a DT and another a DE?? We couldn't sign Edge guys til this year we get 5 of them! So I assume some will play on the Dline others Olb and Jack. Maybe one is projected to be a ILB! Really curious how this will work out!

But A Great Get! I see a serious pass rush in a few years!

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Barker was never going to play here. Along with all the others. Towles lucked out by not having much competition but I guarantee they were looking for someone else.

All I’m saying is it would be nice for stoops to be able to real in one food qb in his time here that ends up being a star
Barker 100% would've been Great if it wasn't for the Career Ending back injury. Kid was smart and could spin it. You're wrong about him.

Barker 100% would've been Great if it wasn't for the Career Ending back injury. Kid was smart and could spin it. You're wrong about him.
I still think about that shovel pass against S. Miss. Was a heads up thing of beauty. Damn shame he was injured. He probably could've jump started the Stoops era a lot quicker with his play and skill position recruitment.

It's always nice when folks on the board defend Drew. Good dude. Bled blue.

Jerod Smith - DE
Jacob Smith - SLB
Brian Robinson- JACK
Devin Smith - MLB
Antwan Smith - WLB

The only person that’s not gonna be happy is the announcer having to keep all these Smith’s straight.
Heard someone say this. Robinson is Jack until he proves he can't play the position. They are going to give him every opportunity to play that spot.

Jerod Smith - DE
Jacob Smith - SLB
Brian Robinson- JACK
Devin Smith - MLB
Antwan Smith - WLB

I totally forgot about Elijah Groves, who may be the best player in the class. Maybe peg him at WLB and move Antwan Smith to SS? I've heard he's kinda skinny anyway but a great athlete so maybe he could pull that off.

Good problem to have so many athletes on the D. This doesn't even include Soles, Cowan or Redd at the LB spots.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
Imagine eight on the field when we take the kickoff trailing by 5 with eight seconds on the clock and they try lateraling to each other like the Cal/Stanford game in the early 80’s.

If they all don't already have nicknames, the play by play guys will make sure they receive one....and that it sticks. LOL.

There are like 1 or 2 true 5 star qbs at most a class.

There's 2 in 2024. They're committed to Georgia and Alabama.

Getting a 5 star at all is hard. Even harder at QB.
I agree. That’s why I said I would like to just get one. I don’t unrealistically think we can get one every year. Just the one golden ticket

Careful, Los Gatos!

This poster might overwhelm you with his in-depth knowledge of the history of Kentucky Football, as reflected in all 11 of his posts since joining last Saturday!
No reason to be jelly.
The amount of knowledge one has on anything is not determined by the amount of post one has on a sports message board.

But there are definitely some who think so lolol

BR will be a 2-* now that he has verballed here

Sorry BR

Prove em wrong

Welcome to the board, newbie. Stoops May real in a food QB to help with the fast paste offense and throw to the WR core. Could happen.

You mean when he got sucker punched? You bragging about a Kentucky player getting knocked out on a sucker punch tells me all I need to know about you.
Lol. Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. He never should have been there.

My position won’t change and the stats don’t lie. He was a horrible qb that never had a chance to start here.

Dude has ALL the offers. Crazy to believe that we can snag a guy even after official visits to Michigan and Penn State.

Thanks. I love how most of the replies of old timers on here just crap all over new posters they don’t agree with.
Uhhh, some folks might not realize just how badly they got crapped on!!

Caveman agreed with you that we need a food quarterback to aid our fast paste offense . . . .

But you make Barker the escape goat for the whole Stoops’ ten-year.

For all intensive purposes, I think what Caveman said went over your head. You have to read Caveman’s stuff reel, reel close sometimes.

To Heck with your food quarterbacks, faste paste offenses, I prefer our full-boar, no holes barred defensive approach!

Get me outta’ hear, Percy!

Last edited:
Lol. Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. He never should have been there.

My position won’t change and the stats don’t lie. He was a horrible qb that never had a chance to start here.
You have no freaking clue. He was the most talented QB stoops has had. The back injury ruined his career. If not for that he would have started until he graduated or left for NFKYou are clearly not a UK fan or a dumbass, or most likely, both.

You have no freaking clue. He was the most talented QB stoops has had. The back injury ruined his career. If not for that he would have started until he graduated or left for NFKYou are clearly not a UK fan or a dumbass, or most likely, both.

Dont forget the idiot OC that has miraculously landed at the talent-rich "U"

Uhhh, some folks might not realize just how badly they got crapped on!!

Caveman agreed with you that we need a food quarterback to aid our fast paste offense . . . .

But you make Barker the escape goat for the whole Stoops’ ten-year.

For all intensive purposes, I think what Caveman said went over your head. You have to read Caveman’s stuff reel, reel close sometimes.

To Heck with your food quarterbacks, faste paste offenses, I prefer our full-boar, no holes barred defensive approach!

Get me outta’ hear, Percy!

The list is a long one. It’s been tried and will continue to fail with the speed of todays game. Kids that play high school ball in this state don’t have the tangibles. Lot of people thought beau allen was gonna be great smh

Stats don’t lie. And he ain’t got none

The topic is actually about Brian Robinson and what a great commit he is. Perhaps you should start a thread on Drew Barker so you can stay on topic.
This thread is about us recruiting a 4 star defensive end. I was on topic when I said I wish we would get a good once in a lifetime qb. Agree to disagree I suppose

• Sad
Reactions: vhcat70
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT