ADVERTISEMENT

2012 UK Football Recruiting...

Blue&White51

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 7, 2010
Depending on whether you count Tyrone Pearson(DT), UK has 19-20 commitments...What do you see the biggest remaining needs for the next 6 scholarships (we may not sign any more than that)?...I see the following (if you look at our roster & #'s at each position as of 8/26/11

1)OL-some of you might disagree, but I think UK needs 1 more quality OT...I just don't think we can pass this up...we are adding depth & quality depth for the future, but the sheer # of C / G's outnumbers the OT prospects in terms of #'s...1 more OT (whether HS or JC)would really help even out the OL #'s

2) RB-UK clearly needs at least 1 RB (maybe 2 if any of the current RB's leave the program for any reason)...Wales, Thornton, the 2 FL kids...It would be great to get Wales or 1 big back or both...we do have a lot of talented young RB's in this 2011 class & adding another 1 would be nice for our RB #'s.

3) DL (DT or DE)-Our current DL commitments are exciting (the fact that we're keeping quality in-state DL is huge)!! Having said that, I hope that they all qualify...Simply put, we can't pass up a big body that can move in this spot...If Shaq Love is an OL, we might need to take 2...HS or JC, we need interior DL depth...we cannot miss here...Keep the faith on all of 'em qualifying!!

4) LB-With our LB #'s, we need two more good ones. We have lost Huzzie & will lose some good seniors (Sneed, Trevathan). UK appears to be in on some good ones from FL & Mobile, AL...We need to hit on these two...no misses...two good LB's in this class is a huge priority!!

5) DB / SAFETY / ATH-We could really stand to land one knock-out here...Whether it's the big kid from Paducah Tilghman, an out of state Safety or athlete, Joker has made it clear that he wants to add big, athletic bodies & see where they end up...For example, some of the 2011 signees (Dupree, Forrest, etc.) may end up growing into other positions...We may need to take at least one more true safety w/ the losses of seniors here...

So, in summary, I see at least the following w/ the remaining 6 rides:

OL-1
RB-1
DL-1
LB-2
DB/ATH-1

Pretty much agree with what you say. Hope to sign some quality players with the last few rides.

According to Aaron, UK has offered another Florida RB, about eight BCS offers listed including UL, and ranked 48th by ESPN. Looks very good on his film clip.

Keith Byars II
This post was edited on 8/27 4:59 AM by jauk11
This post was edited on 8/27 9:45 PM by jauk11

Well, we don't have a TE and have no FR TE this year with Dupree moving to D. Net, I say a TE. No RB's either. Beyond that, I'd take the best we can get regardless of position.

3 so and a fr TE on board one started all last year.I think were ok at TE.

I definitely see the need for a couple of LBs, although I think we have a lot of young talent there we also lose a lot.

If Trevathan and Locke can combine for 250 tackles again as LBSs this year do you think that might attract some recruits?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT