ADVERTISEMENT

1st thread on new acct.

May 7, 2024
Followed UK basketball since Rupp was still around. Went to UK in the 70'ies but didn't like the fall from grace in the 80'ies and held my head in shame because those days were about character and pride in who you were. Loved the hire of Ricky P, but had to scratch my head with Gillispie. Wasn't a big fan of Cal but was happy a new coach was in town, with recruiting skills. i dropped out of the 'Rafters' with Gillespie and lost my account (citydifferentcat). For all you old cats, do you remember the '96 game (I think it was 96) at LSU, with UK down by (something like 30+ points in the 1st half? Only to have Ricky P go crazy with having everyone shooting 3'ies. Final score was a second half blowout and a Uk win by ten +/-. Brown was the LSU coach and wouldn't shank hands with Ricky.

So, this is my first new post, as an old cat, I'll keep it clean. I enjoy reading your comments, although some are a bit knee-jerk type, many are very good from posters that know the game and love the cats. thank you for reading, enjoy the new coach (whom I really like and believe to be a great hire!), and have a remarkable season. Go cats.

Followed UK basketball since Rupp was still around. Went to UK in the 70'ies but didn't like the fall from grace in the 80'ies and held my head in shame because those days were about character and pride in who you were. Loved the hire of Ricky P, but had to scratch my head with Gillispie. Wasn't a big fan of Cal but was happy a new coach was in town, with recruiting skills. i dropped out of the 'Rafters' with Gillespie and lost my account (citydifferentcat). For all you old cats, do you remember the '96 game (I think it was 96) at LSU, with UK down by (something like 30+ points in the 1st half? Only to have Ricky P go crazy with having everyone shooting 3'ies. Final score was a second half blowout and a Uk win by ten +/-. Brown was the LSU coach and wouldn't shank hands with Ricky.

So, this is my first new post, as an old cat, I'll keep it clean. I enjoy reading your comments, although some are a bit knee-jerk type, many are very good from posters that know the game and love the cats. thank you for reading, enjoy the new coach (whom I really like and believe to be a great hire!), and have a remarkable season. Go cats.
This sounds exactly like how I start off every Louisville screen name I have ever made to get onto their board...I usually end up banned by week 2 though.

Odd that you're from the Rupp days, but refer to those who watched the 96 Cats as "old Cats". Appeal to the masses?

Seriously, real Kentucky fan, that old, and you don’t know when the comeback was? Or exactly how much we were down? Or how many points we won by? Doesn’t compute.

Sorry, not meaning to be a dick, but that’s just odd. To me anyway.
Good points. It would probably be odd to me if I were you. So, I’m old and that’s why I’m not worried about the details.

Seriously, real Kentucky fan, that old, and you don’t know when the comeback was? Or exactly how much we were down? Or how many points we won by? Doesn’t compute.

Sorry, not meaning to be a dick, but that’s just odd. To me anyway.
Right? How many of us could be 99% dead in hospice and be like yeah we were 34 points down in the second half and tapped that ###. Hey, um, what was my name again? Look at that light!!

I didn’t remember the margin of the comeback. Likely I’d have guessed 30. I do remember watching it and not really being that surprised. Just like, yeah, this will likely happen-once we got on a roll.

What was old Account name ?

Welcome oldcat. It’s a rough world around here for a while but plug though and there’s not a closer group of fans. We got a couple you’ll probably have to find that ignore button lol. I’ve never used it but it’s there if you need it. Haha. Again, welcome brother.

Welcome oldcat. It’s a rough world around here for a while but plug though and there’s not a closer group of fans. We got a couple you’ll probably have to find that ignore button lol. I’ve never used it but it’s there if you need it. Haha. Again, welcome brother.
There seems to be some very interesting folks out there, never short of an opinion. Whether right or not, it’s still interesting to read. I think I’ll survive and thanks for the encouragement. I believe the LSU game was one of the most exciting and satisfying games I ever watched.

Wondering about the 52?
No, just been around awhile and some posters I know I enjoy them posting. Just curious what the old name was. Some ghost of past I don’t see around here anymore but wish I did as they brought a lot to the forum.

No, just been around awhile and some posters I know I enjoy them posting. Just curious what the old name was. Some ghost of past I don’t see around here anymore but wish I did as they brought a lot to the forum.
well, I can't say I brought a lot to the forum but on occasion I contributed. My old account wasn't a reference to "old", in this case it referred to me being (age) old. I don't mind saying that many of today's posters are more knowledgeable and have more technology available to them. I'm old school.

I like what M. Pope is doing with the roster and coaching staff. I don't think he's going to set the world on fire his first year, but he is going to represent UK very well and all of BBN. I supported his hiring from day one and hope he keeps a youthful approach to everything he does, He seems to relate well to the fan base, the athletics, and the administration. He has a few pieces of his inaugural class yet to put in place, but (from what we know) he is going to put the best players in his system and then coach them into a team.

There seems to be some very interesting folks out there, never short of an opinion. Whether right or not, it’s still interesting to read. I think I’ll survive and thanks for the encouragement. I believe the LSU game was one of the most exciting and satisfying games I ever watched.
Yeah I don’t believe anyone but those players thought they had a chance to come back like that. Still one of the most exciting half’s of basketball I’ve ever watched. Some great memories for sure with that 2015 team stomping almost everyone as well, but I’ll never forget that 96 group and the hearts they all had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT