ADVERTISEMENT

1 Mich vs 4 Bama Rose Bowl, 2 Wash vs 3 Texas Sugar Bowl

JHB4UK

All-American
May 29, 2001
Difficult but right call. 4 best teams, 4 most deserving teams. FSU didn't even deserve to be ahead of Georgia or Ohio.

Last yr of this nonsense anyway, next yr the debates on who is 11, 12 vs 13 & 14th won't be nearly as intense or frankly important.

2 SEC & Big 10 schools in with 2 future SEC & Big 10 schools. CFB shall be the 2 superpower conferences running everything going forward.

Hopefully Georgia Florida St can meet up and give me a Bama Texas rematch. Both games seem competitive

The right four I guess. Good match-ups. Pulling for a Texas-Bama rematch. Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl got very lucky this year.

Reactions: colonelcat78
I'm glad tOSU is out, but I have to wonder why they weren't even under consideration. Only had the 1 loss to the top overall team.

I'm glad tOSU is out, but I have to wonder why they weren't even under consideration. Only had the 1 loss to the top overall team.

Not a conference champ. Same reason as uga.

Even though uga and osu are probably better than Texas and Washington. 12 team playoff will remove some of this nonsense next season.

Not a conference champ. Same reason as uga.

Even though uga and osu are probably better than Texas and Washington. 12 team playoff will remove some of this nonsense next season.
But UGA WAS considered on the selection show. tOSU not even mentioned. Again, I'm glad they're out, but I'd bet moneyline they'd beat half this playoff field.

Ohio wasn't even a division winner, that is why they were never ever a serious threat to be in the Final 4

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Until I see someone beat the SEC champ, I will take Bama and the points, could kick myself for not betting the money line yesterday, at almost 2-1.

Not sure about Texas and Washington, have only really seen Texas one time this year (Bama) but have watched Washington three or four times, and I know they are legit.

But UGA WAS considered on the selection show. tOSU not even mentioned. Again, I'm glad they're out, but I'd bet moneyline they'd beat half this playoff field.

I agree they would beat Texas and Washington on paper.

If you just took the 4 best teams it's michigan, Bama, osu and uga IMO.

There is a reason most of these other teams are joining the sec and big 10 next season. Fsu would as well if they could.

What I don't get about college football is how 3 points is the difference between a 1 seed and a 6 seed for Georgia. The 12-team playoff will have its own problems but the top seed probably isn't falling 12 spots with a loss. But who knows?

Reactions: Ugoff
What I don't get about college football is how 3 points is the difference between a 1 seed and a 6 seed for Georgia. The 12-team playoff will have its own problems but the top seed probably isn't falling 12 spots with a loss. But who knows?
I think UGA was a victim of "losing late" syndrome. I think they deserved to be in. I'm really looking forward to the long overdue expanded playoff. It should eliminate some of this whining, but you know #13 will raise hell, just like teams that get left out of the big dance.

In some years, like last year, they get in, with that resume. But this year, no team without at least a conference game appearance had much of a chance. For OSU, they needed Georgia to knock Alabama out, Washington to knock Oregon out, Louisville to knock Florida State out, and Oklahoma State to knock Texas out, then they at least had a case for seed number 4. But only one of those things happened.

Reactions: Ugoff
Don't care. Glad they aren't in..
Can't argue with that. The fanbase is delusional and obnoxious. Most of them here in the Cincy area will latch onto whatever area Ohio team happens to be winning and claim to be lifelong fans, like Cincinnati 2 years ago, or even Miami several years back, in either sport. Big time bandwagoners.

Reactions: Cawood86
Take Bama and points and the Under

Not sure which way to go on UT and Wash. But taking Over

Alabama won when they needed - but they have been very average all year for their standards/ give me Michigan over them and to control TOP

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT