ADVERTISEMENT

••OFFICIAL KENTUCKY VS VANDERBILT GAME THREAD••

What we're you wrong on?

You take it game by game. It seems to me that almost all of Cals teams get better as the season goes on. I think this team will get better.. but they also have a lot of ground to cover.

I'm not getting too excited about simply beating Vandy.. but I am happy to see a 30pt win, at their place, with awful officiating. All together, that is a solid win. You take the most positive performances and build on it.
I was a prick tonight, and took it to far for sure. I will get excited about some of the performances, but I agree the season is a day to day journey for sure

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Nice night for the Cats!

GFtEYcWbcAAUZds

I'm just gonna say it but damn can some of yall not enjoy anything? Hung a 109 without 2 starters, defense wasn't great but ok, and had to deal with shitty refs. Enjoy a win. Damn.

Hmm so KP predicted we give up 72 points in 70 possessions.

We probably did a bit better than that but not too much.

Another game we absolutely killed it on offense tho

Did you not enjoy watching a stress free high octane game from the Cats?
If all you care about is seeing the team run up and down the court scoring points against almost no defense there is reason to be happy. However, if you want this team to compete for an NC, you should be concerned about the number of uncontested shots that Vandy had. Our defense continues to suck.

Yeah man it’s my parents dragging into stuff they shouldn’t be dragging me into, it’s stressing me out. And my boss moved up my deadline by 10 days, I could pull clumps of my hair out that’s how stressed I was. I appreciate the positive message alot

I figure sometimes people just need to hear positive messages at times.

I know. I'm going through some major stuff with work as well. Glad to be able to sit and watch the Cats for a few hours to get my mind off everything.

That's what I was thinking when I read your tall tale.
Sure man. I haven't missed a game either. Hustle is not the issue. Holding position and being foul prone are the big issues. Shooting could be better but also inconsistent minutes due to foul trouble.

Hell for 20+ games Bradshaw was literally the only guy who would even attempt to dive on the floor for a loose ball. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I figure sometimes people just need to hear positive messages at times.

I know. I'm going through some major stuff with work as well. Glad to be able to sit and watch the Cats for a few hours to get my mind off everything.
No doubt, to be a well balanced person you need the good and the bad to get yourself humbled. I was way too focused on the bad tonight. The offense was awesome, I will try to be better, tonight was a look on the mirror situation for me for sure

Reactions: The_Answer1313
Yeah man it’s my parents dragging into stuff they shouldn’t be dragging me into, it’s stressing me out. And my boss moved up my deadline by 10 days, I could pull clumps of my hair out that’s how stressed I was. I appreciate the positive message alot

Hey, look on the bright side...at least you have hair to pull out.

Feel your pain man, I've been serving in an Interim roll plus managing my current role waiting to see if interim becomes permanent for 5 months. Only child dealing with two aging parents...in fact waiting to see if one is being admitted to hospital tonight....in ER with same recurring issue he deals with every few months. I drove them to ER, came home tucked the kids in bed, watched the game and on pick up duty (hopefully with both of them) when time is right. I'll get a solid 2-3 hours of sleep tonight.

There is my over share for the evening. Hope stuff gets better for you.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
So the offense tonight scored 1.46 points per possession
The defense? gave up 1.03.

Moved from 7th to 5th offense.
Moved from 102nd to 104th on defense.

That 1.46 was the second highest this season (highest was Marshall) and the 5th highest in the Kenpom Era for UK

Hey, look on the bright side...at least you have hair to pull out.

Feel your pain man, I've been serving in an Interim roll plus managing my current role waiting to see if interim becomes permanent for 5 months. Only child dealing with two aging parents...in fact waiting to see if one is being admitted to hospital tonight....in ER with same recurring issue he deals with every few months. I drove them to ER, came home tucked the kids in bed, watched the game and on pick up duty (hopefully with both of them) when time is right. I'll get a solid 2-3 hours of sleep tonight.

There is my over share for the evening. Hope stuff gets better for you.
Hope everything gets better for you as well man. Sports should be a silly fun escape not something that truly stresses you out. Mine is my boss is neglecting the analytics and cyber department and won’t get us help. There are 2 of us for a large bank, and we are getting loads and loads of work and getting worn down. He is to cheap to hire some new workers just to help with the simple stuff. It will work out, it usually does, I just hate being rushed in stuff, I like being able to review my work instead of just rushing to get a task done

So to recap this offense this season
In the Kenpom Era UK all time records

This season we've had the 3rd and 5th highest offensive efficiency games.
We've had the 2nd highest and 10th highest Effective FG% games
We've had the 2nd highest turnover % game.

All those games above..........5 different games too lol.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
No…. They prove again how much they hate Cal. Coach has said a few things about guys camping out in the lane and sealing our shot blockers out. That was a big Fu$k you to Cal by the officiating office. Even the announcer said that was the first one he’s seen all year. Funny it’s called on the team whos coach has been complaining about it.
He was in there a long time and I was surprised it took as long as it did. It was very obvious and almost had to be called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT