ADVERTISEMENT

“This Isn’t Kentucky Basketball”

The tourney is starting why continue to post this negative shit right before it starts. Lets go for the tourney then lets see how it rides out first. Its the same effing posters over and over. Cal needs to go…. The program needs to be refresheshed but for now lets just support our cats.

The tourney is starting why continue to post this negative shit right before it starts. Lets go for the tourney then lets see how it rides out first. Its the same effing posters over and over. Cal needs to go…. The program needs to be refresheshed but for now lets just support our cats.
I agree with you, and you're absolutely right. But, right now, all the seeding talk, and snubs, and picks, and whatevers has been discussed. We're all waiting for the ball to tip, and passing the time.

The horse your beating is dead, give it up.!

That’s a new fresh thought. Damn the NCAA Tournament, let’s debate Cal.

The author just states what is now the new normal. Posting it or not posting it is irrelevant. It is what it is whether you or I or anybody else likes it or not. Program lovers, Cal haters and Cal lovers mutually have to swallow it.

Last edited:
The author just states what is now the new normal. Posting it or not posting it is irrelevant. It is what it is whether you or I or anybody else likes it or not. Cal haters and Cal lovers mutually have to accept it.
Who honestly doesnt know this isnt Kentucky basketball?

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Rupp won 4 NC’s, didn’t lose at home for 10 straight years, dominated the SEC, and has the arena named after him.

This has to be a candidate for the most ignorant post in the history of this board.
Oh so there weren’t long droughts of that hi-level success during his tenure?

Oh so there weren’t long droughts of that hi-level success during his tenure?
No! He has a couple of Helms national titles, an NIT title when you could choose that or the NCAAT, and 4 NCAA titles.

27 SEC regular season titles

13 SEC tournament titles

.822 winning percentage for his career

SO NO HE NEVER EXPERIENCED THE DROUGHTS CCC IS IN NOW!!

Calipari should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Adolph Rupp.

No! He has a couple of Helms national titles, an NIT title when you could choose that or the NCAAT, and 4 NCAA titles.

13 SEC tournament titles

Listen, I'm as bleed-blue as the next guy - Harrodsburg boy with total devotion to UK, but let's be real

Rupp coached at UK for 40 years, and made 6 Final Fours. Cal has 4 Final 4's in 14 seasons at UK. So to act like Rupp is incomparable is a bit foolish or maybe fueled by your personal feelings towards Cal.

No one can touch, and no one ever will, what Rupp did at UK because he was here for 40 years!!!! That will never happen again. So it's a bit irrelevant to rattle off career stats because no one else has been here for 40 years.

Joe B had 3 Final 4s in 13 seasons. Pitino had 3 in 6 seasons. I could be wrong, but I think Tubby only had the 1 in his 10 seasons.

So Rupp had 40 seasons to amass 6 Final 4s. Cal has 4, with 26 more seasons left to get to 7!

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns

13 SEC tournament titles

Go back and look at 1959-1972. Rupp had droughts too on the back half of his career, including zero titles and one FF in his last 14 years at the helm. Returned three starters from the 1966 runner-up team and finished .500 in 1967.

I wasn’t alive then, but I assume some fans were ready for him to go by the time he was forced to retire.

Also, the SEC was terrible at basketball in that era. We were the only team. LSU made a final four in 1953. Any other SEC team not named Kentucky didn’t make another final four until LSU in 1981 and UGA in 1983.

Let’s not try to pretend the entire Rupp era was 1948-58. It had its warts too. Pitino is the only UK coach to have an almost flawless tenure, but it was short. Everyone else from late-stage Rupp through Cal were not consistently dominant.

Go back and look at 1959-1972. Rupp had droughts too on the back half of his career, including zero titles and one FF in his last 14 years at the helm. Returned three starters from the 1966 runner-up team and finished .500 in 1967.

I wasn’t alive then, but I assume some fans were ready for him to go by the time he was forced to retire.

Also, the SEC was terrible at basketball in that era. We were the only team. LSU made a final four in 1953. Any other SEC team not named Kentucky didn’t make another final four until LSU in 1981 and UGA in 1983.

Let’s not try to pretend the entire Rupp era was 1948-58. It had its warts too. Pitino is the only UK coach to have an almost flawless tenure, but it was short. Everyone else from late-stage Rupp through Cal were not consistently dominant.
Ray Mears at UT was probably Rupp’s biggest headache when he was hired from Wittenberg in 1962. Tied the Baron 12-12

Reactions: Fox2monk
Kill two birds with one stone……..

1rrhq0.jpg

Listen, I'm as bleed-blue as the next guy - Harrodsburg boy with total devotion to UK, but let's be real

Rupp coached at UK for 40 years, and made 6 Final Fours. Cal has 4 Final 4's in 14 seasons at UK. So to act like Rupp is incomparable is a bit foolish or maybe fueled by your personal feelings towards Cal.

No one can touch, and no one ever will, what Rupp did at UK because he was here for 40 years!!!! That will never happen again. So it's a bit irrelevant to rattle off career stats because no one else has been here for 40 years.

Joe B had 3 Final 4s in 13 seasons. Pitino had 3 in 6 seasons. I could be wrong, but I think Tubby only had the 1 in his 10 seasons.

So Rupp had 40 seasons to amass 6 Final 4s. Cal has 4, with 26 more seasons left to get to 7!
Rupp had four NC’s, 2 Helms NC’s, and one NIT that they chose to play in over the NCAAT.

So he basically averaged a NC every 5 years.

Not to mention 27 SEC championships in 40 years.
That‘s winning it more than every other year.

Cal only Has ONE NC in 15 seasons at UK.

There‘s absolutely no comparison between the two.

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP and KFuqua
Oh yes try twisting the numbers.

His last 5 seasosns, Rupp had 3 Elite Eights and two sweet 16’s.
And finished first in the SEC all 5 seasons.

Calturd can’t win the SEC or get past the first weekend of the NCAAT.

What did it take to get to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 back then? That can’t even be compared to making Elite 8s now. Making the Sweet 16 in a 16 team tournament isn’t the flex you think it is. The Sewet 16 and Elite 8 was literally the first weekend at home. Also we played those games at home half the time.

Last edited:
Oh yes try twisting the numbers.

His last 5 seasosns, Rupp had 3 Elite Eights and two sweet 16’s.
And finished first in the SEC all 5 seasons.

Calturd can’t win the SEC or get past the first weekend of the NCAAT.

I didn't twist anything. Rupp had a drought. Big deal. That doesn't make him a bad coach. Basketball success is harder than some people imagine.

Here;'s the record of a coach some consider the GOAT.

17-8
27-7
22-7
24-7
19-10
19-12
16-8
18-7

and so on. It's John Wooden. Then, he recruited transcendent players and became a much better coach all of a sudden. Note: those mediocre years are from his early years.

Winning is hard because lots of people want to do it, and there's only 1 per game.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
It's John Wooden. Then, he recruited transcendent players and became a much better coach all of a sudden.
Here’s the problem. Cal can’t win with transcendent type players.

Cal’s had John Wooden type talent with less than Dean Smith type results.

Even Deano managed 2 NC’s.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT