ADVERTISEMENT

“I think today I’d take Louisville’s roster over Kentucky”

Perry Cox Reaction GIF

I've seen other non-UK fans say similar.

Both teams are still trying to add pieces, so no final verdict yet, but I'm taking Kentucky today top to bottom.

I'd rather have Lamont Butler than Chucky Hepburn or Koren Johnson and Amari Williams and Brandon Garrison are besting their bigs inside. Terrence Edwards might be the best player between the two rosters so far, but if we get Robinson or Lanier that might be close to a wash.

Both teams will rely heavily on 3 point attempts, and on paper UK has better shooters. Also have more tournament experience. More depth as well.

Both teams are still trying to add pieces, so no final verdict yet, but I'm taking Kentucky today top to bottom.

I'd rather have Lamont Butler than Chucky Hepburn or Koren Johnson and Amari Williams and Brandon Garrison are besting their bigs inside. Terrence Edwards might be the best player between the two rosters so far, but if we get Robinson or Lanier that might be close to a wash.

Both teams will rely heavily on 3 point attempts, and on paper UK has better shooters. Also have more tournament experience. More depth as well.
I’m extremely concerned about our Guard play. College basketball has always been a Guards game and we project to have just okay guards next year. The lack of an elite PG that excels at dribble penetration (think Mark Sears) would be my primary critique.

I’m extremely concerned about our Guard play. College basketball has always been a Guards game and we project to have just okay guards next year. The lack of an elite PG that excels at dribble penetration (think Mark Sears) would be my primary critique.
We had elite Guard play last year and how did that work out? Think our guard play will be fine, one thing we will have that we haven’t had in an extremely long time is a coach who knows how to best utilize his roster. Have no idea how good we will end up being but I’m just looking forward to actual coaching and game planning again.

Perhaps your critique is valid, but within the context of this thread, I’m not sure how it’s relevant. UL doesn’t have an elite PG either.

As far as the roster comparison… I tire of that stuff. I guess that’s what fans do between April-November cause there’s nothing else to do. But we’ll see when the ball is tipped.

Agreed.

We have a guard who has lead a mid major to a Final 4 in that same tournament that “is about guard play”

Just found a few stats

Average 3 point shooting (taken from their top 6 players with most attempts from portal)
Louisville / 36.7% on 23 attempts
Kentucky / 39.45% on 27.5 total attempts

tournament experience (looked at total roster, only counted if the player played over 10 minutes in the game)
Louisville / 4-8 with 0 games past the round of 32
Kentucky / 11-9 including a title game appearance, a sweet 16, and an upset of a #1 seed Purdue

We had two lottery pick guards this year. Lot of good that did.

We had elite Guard play last year and how did that work out? Think our guard play will be fine, one thing we will have that we haven’t had in an extremely long time is a coach who knows how to best utilize his roster. Have no idea how good we will end up being but I’m just looking forward to actual coaching and game planning again.
I’m confident Butler and Karissa can lead a great team. Karissa already has and Butler was a NC game PG. get Lanier and he’s the type piece we are missing IMO.

Castle was though, Spencer was off ball but he was very good. As good as anyone in college to me.
Castle was a role player, a 5th option most of the year and the least valuable of UConn's starters. I feel like UConn could have plugged a multitude of transfers into Castle's spot and got better production.

It would’ve worked out great if we didn’t have some of the worst bigs in college basketball

That's a hard one measure since one of our elite guards played scared, or frozen, for the complete game.

Kelsey has obviously done a very good job there putting a roster together, but give me a damn break, it’s not really close. Kentucky is a tournament team, Louisville probably will double their win total.

Castle was a role player, a 5th option most of the year and the least valuable of UConn's starters. I feel like UConn could have plugged a multitude of transfers into Castle's spot and got better production.
He tore it up in the national championship game, he was still the PG. 11/4/3 a game as a freshman
is good on a team that good. He’s gonna be a pro too.

Reactions: G-PIP
That's a hard one measure since one of our elite guards played scared, or frozen, for the complete game.
Truly bizzare!!! Played like he had a family member that was kidnapped before the game and was told to throw it or else.

Reactions: sk73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT