ADVERTISEMENT

“Calipari U”

The good news is he didn’t “burn the place down” like many feared.
Thanks to the portal, NIL, and him screwing up and meeting with Arkansas without notifying UK he didn’t “burn it down!”
But anyone who thinks the story Dick Gabriel reported about Kal coming back to KY after meeting with Arkansas and trying to negotiate again to stay here is totally false is wrong IMO. He cut his own throat and released UK from their contract obligations. He made his bed.

Arkansas fans have to see this and think:

Oh No Do Not Want GIF by CBC

Its funny that Cal was clearly trying to "ding" us, and didn't even think about the optics around his CURRENT employer. I would bet $10 that he's getting a phone call very soon from the president or AD on this.
He won’t answer

I would love a documentary on this after some time.. I really think something inside of him broke along the way here. It's hard for me to now think that he wasn't trying to lose on purpose this year, I think he found himself at such odds with the fans that some of this stuff really seems like he did it out of spite.
Guarantee he tried to burn the place down.

Oh, he can so go f*** himself.

This is indicative of the way he carried himself his whole 15 years here. UK was here to service him, his agenda and his ego, not the other way around. He saw this as the Calipari program, not Kentucky’s program.
Exactly I can’t stand him. To top it all off what about the whole not submitting the paperwork for Thiero and Wagner for the NBA draft? He always talked about players first…. Glad he’s someone else’s problem now

Guarantee he tried to burn the place down.

Starting to think so, too.

Never seen a coach at such odds with the fans. Almost like a pissing match the last few years. He gets a win with this team and almost rubs it in our faces. It was just such a weird relationship at the end. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Sure, I've seen bad coaches get fired, I've seen several on my teams.. but this really could have been avoided.

I appreciate you saying he was a good person. Some will not even acknowledge that fact.
He appeared to be a good person but I honestly believe all his good deeds were self promotion and nothing more. He didn’t do it for the reasons people wanna believe. Not because he’s loaded or rich and fortunate. He did it to stop negativity or news around his short comings as coach, and to get his name out there.

He appeared to be a good person but I honestly believe all his good deeds were self promotion and nothing more. He didn’t do it for the reasons people wanna believe. Not because he’s loaded or rich and fortunate. He did it to stop negativity or news around his short comings as coach, and to get his name out there.
Ding ding, we have a winner.

I thought I had posted already…
But I don’t really believe this is real

However it IS kinda funny sooooo
Gonna roll with it

Reactions: Fox2monk
I appreciate you saying he was a good person. Some will not even acknowledge that fact.
Honestly, I have personally witnessed him—away from cameras—seeking out people that could do nothing for him but making them feel like they were the most important person in the room. Coaching decisions aside, it made me appreciate him more as a person, and I can’t forget that. I do remember him in interviews talking about not forgetting where he came from and trying to show kindness to those in need.

Good deeds done for whatever reason are still good deeds done.

I am a lot more concerned with what people DO than what they think or why they do it.

Those kids still got Christmas gifts, those flood victims still received help, those tornado victims still got help.

Our society spends time prosecuting perceived thoughts or motivations rather than looking at the actions.

If my family needs help and you help us, I don't give a flip about why you helped me

Good deeds done for whatever reason are still good deeds done.

I am a lot more concerned with what people DO than what they think or why they do it.

Those kids still got Christmas gifts, those flood victims still received help, those tornado victims still got help.

Our society spends time prosecuting perceived thoughts or motivations rather than looking at the actions.

If my family needs help and you help us, I don't give a flip about why you helped me
I think it’s great don’t get me wrong. I’m just saying I don’t think it was as selfless as we would like to believe on the surface. I think there is a reason almost everywhere the man has been he’s hated and those around him even longtime friends have had falling out with him.

The fact that some of our fans are shocked by Cal’s statement shows how out of touch some were.
You were told over and over he was a self centered, narcissistic, jerk. Well as Gomer Pyle would say, Surprise, Surprise!!!
What on here leads you to believe some of our fans are shocked? I've seen nothing to suggest that.

I think it’s great don’t get me wrong. I’m just saying I don’t think it was as selfless as we would like to believe on the surface. I think there is a reason almost everywhere the man has been he’s hated and those around him even longtime friends have had falling out with him.
Well I don't hate him and my girls don't hate him.

He never hurt us, quite the opposite. I'm thankful for him and him instantly yanking us out of the Billy G days and into instant relevance.

Cal is a human. He has good traits bad traits, just like all of us. I like Cal and I love UK.

I will never subscribe to the idea that I have to hate Cal to love UK

Well I don't hate him and my girls don't hate him.

He never hurt us, quite the opposite. I'm thankful for him and him instantly yanking us out of the Billy G days and into instant relevance.

Cal is a human. He has good traits bad traits, just like all of us. I like Cal and I love UK.

I will never subscribe to the idea that I have to hate Cal to love UK
I too love that Cal got Kentucky to be cool again and won a ship. I will always love his first 7-8 years here easy. I just think he stayed too long and got lazy and was too stubborn to change.

Musselman couldn’t wait to get out of that pig sty, he had enough of the fans turning on him and he actually done pretty good while he was there. Cal doesn’t look right or fit what they really want in a coach, he wouldn’t even do the pig sooooie, he just wants the money they will throw at him for about 3 years. Then they will be sick of each other.
There was some really weird things going on this year that caused Musselman to want out.

Exactly I can’t stand him. To top it all off what about the whole not submitting the paperwork for Thiero and Wagner for the NBA draft? He always talked about players first…. Glad he’s someone else’s problem now
this will be taken as me defending the coaching staff, which I'm not doing. I am glad that Mark Pope is our coach. But the people complaining about the coaches not helping the players with their NIL deals (last year) and NBA paperwork confuse me. Isn't that the players and their agents/handlers responsibility. It is constantly stated on this very board that these are not kids, they are adults. Why is it the coaches responsibility to help a kid leave our program?

He raised money for floods and tornadoes before he started having bad years. I agree that he likes his name at the top, but he taught kids to be servant, go to children's hospitals and raise money, as far back as Boogie and Wall. I know his last years sucked and he needed to go, but it is unfair to criticism him as a person when he really helped this Commonwealth, tons of which was never publicized.

Thanks to the portal, NIL, and him screwing up and meeting with Arkansas without notifying UK he didn’t “burn it down!”
But anyone who thinks the story Dick Gabriel reported about Kal coming back to KY after meeting with Arkansas and trying to negotiate again to stay here is totally false is wrong IMO. He cut his own throat and released UK from their contract obligations. He made his bed.
Next year would have been awful.

Honestly, I have personally witnessed him—away from cameras—seeking out people that could do nothing for him but making them feel like they were the most important person in the room. Coaching decisions aside, it made me appreciate him more as a person, and I can’t forget that. I do remember him in interviews talking about not forgetting where he came from and trying to show kindness to those in need.
I’ve “hated” him since his UMASS days, but there is no question he’s a great person. You can say he’s a bad dresser, has bad breath, is an awful coach…but to say he isn’t a quality human being is just not accurate.

Reactions: thedahc
Smh. Sure, praise him for his "charitable" contributions, but Colin Cowherd said it best when he called him out on his bullshit virtue signaling hyperbole/hypocrisy after the Oakland loss.

I know everyone's seen the vid, but no one's said it better imo. He nailed it.

If true..... P_SS on Cow.... Twice on Sunday...
You know it’s true, he’s the most narcissistic person in coaching probably. That statement is laughable. Arkansas will be school number 4 who hates him. He finally had a blue blood he could retire from and be know at for the rest of his life. Where he accomplished his best things and what does he do? Makes it all about him and makes everyone loathe him again. Oh well, he can look in the mirror when he has nowhere to go.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Smh. Sure, praise him for his "charitable" contributions, but Colin Cowherd said it best when he called him out on his bullshit virtue signaling hyperbole/hypocrisy after the Oakland loss.

I know everyone's seen the vid, but no one's said it better imo. He nailed it.

I remember watching that live. He absolutely nailed that. It was really hard to hear but it was the stone cold truth. Now Calipari has to take his grifter act to Arkansas. We all try to tell them what to expect but they won’t listen. Maybe I’ll link this every time they come over after an off season victory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack2936
I remember watching that live. He absolutely nailed that. It was really hard to hear but it was the stone cold truth. Now Calipari has talent his grifter act to Arkansas. We all try to tell them what to expect but they won’t listen. Maybe I’ll link this every time they come over after an off season victory.
It was totally focused on Cal. ZERO criticism for Kentucky. There had been previous criticisms from others, but not like this. He nailed Cal's ass to the wall!

He was not a good person, lol. He was using these kids to get what he wanted. Now that they're rich, most of them are not going to say boo about him. He showed his true self there at the end.
He did a lot of good things for people of the Commonwealth. I can understand being upset with the teams performance over the last few seasons but to say he wasn't a good person who did good things for the people of this state off the court is just wrong.

Reactions: Fox2monk and J_Dee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT