ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2025 Recruiting

Maybe so, maybe not. The important thing right now, as Bereacat says, is that Quisenberry has a UK OV scheduled. Notwithstanding what I have said here, I trust our staff. I have said that for years.

I was not necessarily "comparing" Quisenberry to White, but size is an issue. If I was not clear, then I apologize. But the question of why White hasn't been on the field is relevant, and I tried to explain. Upon checking again, it appears Quisenberry is closer to 160# than 170. At that size, strength matters whether we like it or not. Don't think so? Tell me which 160-170# WRs are playing significant SEC snaps in the east or west. And why not? A receiver has to get off the line of scrimmage and get into his route on pace, because everything the QB does is based on timing. Interceptions get thrown when receivers are late to their window. If you want a 165# receiver to release off the line of scrimmage on pace, you almost have to put him in presnap motion to try to keep him from being jammed. Also, a 165# receiver is not useful as an SEC blocker. We can pretend these things don't matter, but they do. I am not just saying we don't need Quisenberry. I am saying we don't need another y who can't play x or z against SEC defenses. We already have a bunch of slots. Stoops has already used 6 offensive scholarships, and there are other positional needs.

But OTOH, Stoops and Marrow badly want Seneca Driver, a high upside 2027 SEC prospect. If they take Quisenberry, I will wonder if they think it keeps an important line of communication open with Coach Haddix.

BTW, someone asked whether Quisenberry might still be growing. Typically, short players have stopped adding height or else are almost done by Quisenberry's age. That's why they are short. They stopped getting taller earlier than other kids. The guys who keep growing late into their teens are usually built like Adou Thiero and have taller male relatives. It has to do with final closure of the growth area in the big bones.

Last edited:

Arnoux holds double-digit SEC offers. We got in late, so he was always a longshot for us. But he will OV UK, which is good. And he is still uncommitted. Dejerrian Miller is the WR for whom we have the best shot right now, and he will OV UK on June 21. Miller reportedly holds five SEC and eight B10 offers. He is being recruited by Coach Buffano.

Arnoux holds double-digit SEC offers. We got in late, so he was always a longshot for us. But he will OV UK, which is good. And he is still uncommitted. Dejerrian Miller is the WR for whom we have the best shot right now, and he will OV UK on June 21. Miller reportedly holds five SEC and eight B10 offers. He is being recruited by Coach Buffano.
Who are the CBs gonna be? Galloway always seemed a long shot also and got the dreaded Fong Bomb today. The other top CB just committed to GT. They needed to get a good corner in this class. Not saying they won’t but the top prospects are coming off the board

Reactions: JASUN74
UK's next 2025 commit? Any guesses?

With Hedrick off UK's board, I am now thinking it could be Bryan Auguste, because his June 14 OV to UK is his final scheduled OV. If that turns out to be right, we would get a 6'6" 305# offensive lineman, whom Coach Wolf likes, from a good FL hs program with a winning background. If anyone were to worry about his value because of an online player rating, I would just point out that offensive linemen are recruited for physical tools and upside, and typically need several years to develop. I like Auguste's frame, feet, and motor. I would have preferred Hedrick, of course, but Auguste reportedly holds multiple SEC, B10, and ACC offers and he is a nice player.

Another possibility could be Nicholas Smith, who seems to be a UK lean.

I still believe Javeon Campbell is UK-bound, but he won't announce until early July.

Reactions: JASUN74
Who are the CBs gonna be? Galloway always seemed a long shot also and got the dreaded Fong Bomb today. The other top CB just committed to GT. They needed to get a good corner in this class. Not saying they won’t but the top prospects are coming off the board

I agree about the need for a quality CB signing. Galloway would be close to ideal, if it can get done.

Word today that Penson will still take his OV to UK on June 21. Sounds like he might not be firm to GA Tech, IDK. His commitment might be a negotiating position, more or less.

Here are some uncommitted 2025 CB prospects that still look like possibilities for us.

Dawayne Galloway, Columbus, OH
Mark Manfred, Marietta, GA
Andrew Purcell, Enterprise, AL
Cortez Thomas, Lexington, MS
Xavier Thompson, Pensacola, FL

No doubt there could be new names in the fall.

UK's next 2025 commit? Any guesses?

With Hedrick off UK's board, I am now thinking it could be Bryan Auguste, because his June 14 OV to UK is his final scheduled OV. If that turns out to be right, we would get a 6'6" 305# offensive lineman, whom Coach Wolf likes, from a good FL hs program with a winning background. If anyone were to worry about his value because of an online player rating, I would just point out that offensive linemen are recruited for physical tools and upside, and typically need several years to develop. I like Auguste's frame, feet, and motor. I would have preferred Hedrick, of course, but Auguste reportedly holds multiple SEC, B10, and ACC offers and he is a nice player.

Another possibility could be Nicholas Smith, who seems to be a UK lean.

I still believe Javeon Campbell is UK-bound, but he won't announce until early July.
It will most likely be one of the guys visiting this weekend. MQ got a couple predictions to UK today. Auguste and MQ are prob the top 2 but it could be Gardner. Another visitor this weekend is Samara Reed. A 6’2 WR that is teammates with Auguste. Rivals has him as a 5.9 4 star. All the others have him as a mid 3 star. WV, OM, and PSU seem to be the top schools that he is taking OVs to.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
I agree about the need for a quality CB signing. Galloway would be close to ideal, if it can get done.

Word today that Penson will still take his OV to UK on June 21. Sounds like he might not be firm to GA Tech, IDK. His commitment might be a negotiating position, more or less.

Here are some uncommitted 2025 CB prospects that still look like possibilities for us.

No doubt there could be new names in the fall.m
This can change but Galloway, Purcell, and Thomas are trending in other directions. Hopefully they hit big on their visits and a couple change their minds

No doubt there could be new names in the fall.
Speaking on Penson, I think a lot of kids do just that and try to make other schools take notice! It is probably more of a thing the last few years and we have a long list of kids flipping to another school the last five years. Always have but seems more now. Kids are almost impossible to read if they want to be, I think some actually go out of their way to pick another school if they thInk everyone knows what they’re doing. lol. As you say it’s almost impossible to get right all the time. As a player, I hated hearing he didn’t pick us because he’s a good one. Maybe we still get him though so we’ll see.

Earlier on this thread, we discussed DL prospect Kalen Edwards, from Dyersburg, TN. All along, it always seemed to me that Coach Anwar Stewart was staying in close touch and making a good impression on Edwards. Now Edwards has scheduled an OV to UK on June 21. This is potentially big news.

Edwards would make an ideal NT in Coach White's three-man defensive front.

Edwards reportedly holds at least 9 SEC offers. He has scheduled OVs to UL, UK, GA, and Auburn.

This can change but Galloway, Purcell, and Thomas are trending in other directions. Hopefully they hit big on their visits and a couple change their minds

I know. But they are still uncommitted, and they haven't OVed UK yet. We only need two CBs in this class, and there is the transfer portal as a backup. If this doesn't get settled in June, there will undoubtedly be new names in the fall.

Reactions: maroon79
Darryll Desir, DL, Miami, FL
Mandrell Desir, LB, Miami, FL

The twins just scheduled OVs to UK for June 14. Darryll reportedly holds at least three SEC, three B10, and six ACC offers. Mandrell reportedly holds at least two SEC, two B10, and six ACC offers. The twins are being recruited by Coach Mike. I believe both twins would probably be takes for UK.

Naeshaun Montgomery, WR, Miami, FL

Montgomery plans to take an OV to UK in the fall during one of our home games. He has already scheduled OVs to FL and PA St. Montgomery reportedly holds at least ten SEC and ten B10 offers. So he is one if the most heavily recruited WR prospects in the south. He is being recruited by Coach Shorts.

Earlier on this thread, we discussed DL prospect Kalen Edwards, from Dyersburg, TN. All along, it always seemed to me that Coach Anwar Stewart was staying in close touch and making a good impression on Edwards. Now Edwards has scheduled an OV to UK on June 21. This is potentially big news.

Edwards would make an ideal NT in Coach White's three-man defensive front.

Edwards reportedly holds at least 9 SEC offers. He has scheduled OVs to UL, UK, GA, and Auburn.
Edwards a huge need at that position. At 6-4 330 this player would help carry on a high talent level we are used to at the NT position. Not a ton of guys like this to go around. We have a good history of developing players just like this into top SEC talent.

I know. But they are still uncommitted, and they haven't OVed UK yet. We only need two CBs in this class, and there is the transfer portal as a backup. If this doesn't get settled in June, there will undoubtedly be new names in the fall.
Thomas cancelled is OV for this weekend but said he planned on visiting in the fall. We will see

The twins just scheduled OVs to UK for June 14. Darryll reportedly holds at least three SEC, three B10, and six ACC offers. Mandrell reportedly holds at least two SEC, two B10, and six ACC offers. The twins are being recruited by Coach Mike. I believe both twins would probably be takes for UK.

Montgomery plans to take an OV to UK in the fall during one of our home games. He has already scheduled OVs to FL and PA St. Montgomery reportedly holds at least ten SEC and ten B10 offers. So he is one if the most heavily recruited WR prospects in the south. He is being recruited by Coach Shorts.

Gotta love it!!

UK Football #1 in Smiths and Twins!!

Dude, please do not waste your time. UK is all you need to know

Reactions: The-Hack
Thomas cancelled is OV for this weekend but said he planned on visiting in the fall. We will see

Thomas will likely pick one of the two MS SEC schools. But here's the thing. When Jon Sumrall left, our staff basically lost our recruiting connections in MS. Now Coach Collins is trying to build them back. Just like Coach Buffano is building recruiting connections in St Louis. And like Coaches White, Wolford, and Shorts in PA, VA, and NJ.

Ja'kayden Ferguson, WR, Missouri City, TX

Ferguson will OV UK on June 14. Ferguson UVed Lexington earlier this year. He is being recruited by Coach Shorts.

Ferguson is a multisport athlete who runs the 100m and 200m for the Ft Bend Marshall hs track team. He reportedly holds at least 10 SEC offers including GA and AL.

Ferguson is a legitimate outside receiver with excellent speed. His uncle, Robert Ferguson, played for TX A&M and was an NFL WR for 8 seasons.

Dennious Jackson, DL, Contra Costa CC, San Pablo, CA

At 6'5" 340#, Jackson would satisfy the need for more NT depth. UK is his second D-1 and first Power 4 offer, reminiscent in that respect of Melvin Lewis a decade ago. He is being recruited by Coach Stewart and recently received his UK offer. This one shows that Coach White is serious about adding DL depth, even if not ready before the 2025 season.

Preston Bowman, WR, Pickerington, OH

Bowman is being recruited by Coach Marrow. UK is his only publicly reported SEC offer, but there is also a reported offer from MI. Bowman was named WR MVP at a recent MI camp in Ann Arbor. Bowman reportedly has speed, a high football IQ, and a great motor.

Reactions: maroon79
Nicholas Smith, DL, Monroe, GA

Two crystal ball predictions now for Nicholas Smith to UK. Coach White is recruiting Smith.

The more Smiths, the better.

I saw them at a jamboree last month in West Palm Beach against Coconut Creek and Delray Atlantic. Good length and frames, decent athleticism, and good motors. Nice prospects who have good long term potential. I also heard a couple of high school coaches sitting behind us who were talking about them being good kids as well.

Now comes word that NT Hayes will miss this season with a torn Achilles injury which makes the offer to Dennious Jackson much easier to understand.

True. Bad break for Hayes, first and foremost. Difficult injury for a large athlete to rehab. He has a season of eligibility left for 2025 if he can recover.

The same article said the other spring injuries will be healed before the fall season. So there is the silver lining, and I suspect Kendrick Gilbert may have a future in our NT rotation.

As discussed yesterday, Coach Stewart and Coach White are recruiting DT prospect Kalen Edwards out of Dyersburg, TN. Although I expect Edwards ultimately to sign with GA, recruiting is impossible to predict as all of us here understand very well. You never know how Kirby will decide to allocate his scholarships. Edwards recently scheduled an OV to UK for June 21, so UK has a pretty good shot.

Dennious Jackson, DL, Contra Costa CC, San Pablo, CA

At 6'5" 340#, Jackson would satisfy the need for more NT depth. UK is his second D-1 and first Power 4 offer, reminiscent in that respect of Melvin Lewis a decade ago. He is being recruited by Coach Stewart and recently received his UK offer. This one shows that Coach White is serious about adding DL depth, even if not ready before the 2025 season.
Intriguing player. Found some vid on him. He's a massive man, played on a pretty poor team and while he's not super quick he does have a nice first step, uses his hands very well and has excellent strength. With the injury to Hayes he could be an important player for the UK D. Don't expect a lot of tackles from him or a heavy pass rush, that's not what UK requires from their NT. UK wants a guy who can control the A Gap run and keep the opponent's Center off UK LBers. Jackson looks as if he could be adequate in that area. If they're going to sign him let's do it and get him on campus. Apparently from GA as near as I could tell.

Ja'kayden Ferguson, WR, Missouri City, TX

Ferguson will OV UK on June 14. Ferguson UVed Lexington earlier this year. He is being recruited by Coach Shorts.

Ferguson is a multisport athlete who runs the 100m and 200m for the Ft Bend Marshall hs track team. He reportedly holds at least 10 SEC offers including GA and AL.

Ferguson is a legitimate outside receiver with excellent speed. His uncle, Robert Ferguson, played for TX A&M and was an NFL WR for 8 seasons.
Get on in here homey

Intriguing player. Found some vid on him. He's a massive man, played on a pretty poor team and while he's not super quick he does have a nice first step, uses his hands very well and has excellent strength. With the injury to Hayes he could be an important player for the UK D. Don't expect a lot of tackles from him or a heavy pass rush, that's not what UK requires from their NT. UK wants a guy who can control the A Gap run and keep the opponent's Center off UK LBers. Jackson looks as if he could be adequate in that area. If they're going to sign him let's do it and get him on campus. Apparently from GA as near as I could tell.
Jackson is from Evans, GA. He is enrolled at Contra Costa Community College in San Pablo, CA.

It is correct to say that the #1 responsibility of the NT in our defense is to occupy the 0 gap (i.e.,"zero tech"), hold his ground, and keep blockers off our interior LBs. (The "A gap" is an offensive term.) Another thing that Silver (and Deone) do well is to push the pocket back toward the QB. Collapsing the interior pocket makes it harder for the QB to step forward into his passes and throw accurately. Edge rushers are the most important creators of pressure on the QB, but an interior rush can be almost as important. When you have both, that's when sacks happen because the QB gets trapped and cannot escape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT