ADVERTISEMENT

KSR on Cal's lack of self awareness with fans at the end.

Newsflash Cal: Not a KSR listener and I despised your sorry ass. You can’t coach worth a shit and then have the audacity to talk down to fans as your some know it all genius we should worship. Happiest day of my college basketball life when you moved your ass out of Lexington. Hope the boos rain down hard on your sorry ass and the piss poor effort you gave here the last 5 plus years. Never a UK legend in my book and I hope your name never hangs in the rafters. You Don’t deserve it!!!!!!!

KSR has this wrong, though. Cal wasn't that stupid to be that completely self unaware.

Cal's priorities weren't in winning basketball games. He knew that and he was completely aware of the fans. He was just hoping the fans wouldn't realize it.

Last edited:
Never listened to the first Matt jones show of any type . Ever and I go back farther than 90% of this board calling for his head . As far as booing him - I hope they raise the roof .. he’s the enemy . He loathes BBN . I hope 23k chant “ over rated “ and point at his sorry ass .

KSR has this wrong, though. Cal wasn't that stupid to be that completely self aware.

Cal's priorities weren't in winning basketball games. He knew that and he was completely aware of the fans. He was just hoping the fans wouldn't realize it.
From the Mayo Clinic....

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial matters. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration that they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships troubled and unfulfilling, and other people may not enjoy being around them.

It won't happen, but when Cal comes to Rupp, when he's introduced, instead of booing or cheering, I'd love for the crowd to just go completely silent. I think that would get to him more than boos. He loves attention, even if negative.
And also less motivation for his players if totally silent.

It won't happen, but when Cal comes to Rupp, when he's introduced, instead of booing or cheering, I'd love for the crowd to just go completely silent. I think that would get to him more than boos. He loves attention, even if negative.
Exactly what I was going to say
Complete silence would be phenomenal
And that’s how I would react; I wouldn’t boo …

For Pitino, I’ll applaud when they honor the 96 team.

From the Mayo Clinic....

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial matters. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration that they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships troubled and unfulfilling, and other people may not enjoy being around them.

Yeah, that's Cal. "Cal University"

He’ll be booed and rightfully so.

The biggest problem I have with the Cal was detached narrative is that he reached out to Ohio St in February (and Texas in February of 2023, which @UKortho got excoriated for but absolutely happened).
This. I would not have minded the move whatsoever since it saved us $33 mil. But talking to another team DRUING THE SEASON and then looking extremely underprepared during the post season makes me never want him back in Rupp as a Cat.

He didn't only quit on the team, he quit on them during the season.

But as others have said, a completely silent gym would hurt him worse.

How are we going to handle it when Cal proclaims the week before Arkansas plays Kentucky that they are Kentucky's Superbowl? I can see him saying this.

early on Calipari saw the fanbase as a resource he could leverage

kinda like when you go to Wal-Mart and a multi billion dollar corporation asks you if you want to give money to your community when you are checking out

a strategic leak of information, a perceived slight, a charity or event, Cal knew he could manipulate the fan base to act. He could make comments about what his priorities were over the program's and the fans would back him, justifying it to keep the winning train rolling.

No one cared when he was winning. Then when he just went into complete self-aggrandizing, a good number of the fans were just done with it. It didn't help he started mailing it in as a coach.

I can only assume he was surrounded with a number of yes men and fans who loved the celebrity of a coach more than the results - and as a result he thought he was more universally loved than he actually was. It finally took the money drying up and him having to put in more work than he wanted on NIL for him to realize it wasn't going to work anymore.

I think Mark Pope is going to play a role in making sure Cal and ex players are well received during the game.

He'll have some influence on how fans react

Thumbs down
we could use a thumbs down emoji. Especially when you dislike a post so much you actually type "thumbs down"
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: KFuqua
Newsflash Cal: Not a KSR listener and I despised your sorry ass. You can’t coach worth a shit and then have the audacity to talk down to fans as your some know it all genius we should worship. Happiest day of my college basketball life when you moved your ass out of Lexington. Hope the boos rain down hard on your sorry ass and the piss poor effort you gave here the last 5 plus years. Never a UK legend in my book and I hope your name never hangs in the rafters. You Don’t deserve it!!!!!!!
Is Cal on this board? What name is he going by? Cal, you on here?

Thanks. That was interesting and relevant. You’ll get headache GIFs from the crowd who pouts when other people talk about things they don’t want to talk about. But you should consider that a badge of honor.

On the booing. I will not boo Cal. Can’t say I’ll resent people who will, it’s just not my thing. Now I did cheer when he left town and I’ll continue to cheer every time someone mentions it. That was sweet and needed and a long time coming. I will also cheer Rick when they announce him next season, both when they do the ‘96 anniversary thing and when they announce him as the Saint John’s coach. There was a time when I wouldn’t have.
I'll be at that game and I won't be booing Cal at all. I'll just remain silent during Arky introductions. Very glad he is gone and very happy with Pope right now. He's the guy I'll cheer for sure. I won't be cheering Pitino either, unlike you, just don't feel the warm and fuzzies for him either.

I think Mark Pope is going to play a role in making sure Cal and ex players are well received during the game.

He'll have some influence on how fans react
He might have some influence, but no one has influence over whether or not he gets booed into the rafters. You don't get to bounce to a conference rival and come back the next year like nothing happened. People expecting a warm welcome are in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: Lost In FL
This. I would not have minded the move whatsoever since it saved us $33 mil. But talking to another team DRUING THE SEASON and then looking extremely underprepared during the post season makes me never want him back in Rupp as a Cat.

He didn't only quit on the team, he quit on them during the season.

But as others have said, a completely silent gym would hurt him worse.
Don't forget, he also started a podcast the week of the NCAAT and his first guest was none other than Barack Hussein. That was done on purpose, to piss off BBN. His ass should've been busy watching film and preparing his team for the postseason. Instead, he was hamming it up with someone who was even more woke than he was. Maybe the both of them can kneel on the court in Fayetteville this year and we'll see how that goes over.

we could use a thumbs down emoji. Especially when you dislike a post so much you actually type "thumbs down"
giphy.gif
Yeah and we could mix this one in🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕👈🖕 every once in a while too. I also like the silent thing though, too.

Edit: my bad! I thought you were also talking about Calipari coming back and being introduced.

Reactions: Jack2936
I will be there and I will give A proper reception as will most of the fans at the game. This board may be full of Cal haters but the people that have been UK fans for years won't stoop so low as to take attention away from the game itself. It is only you hate filled, knuckle dragger, tough guy texters that rally for that kind of classless reception. I still feel we should show respect to our adversary before we beat them.

I will be there and I will give A proper reception as will most of the fans at the game. This board may be full of Cal haters but the people that have been UK fans for years won't stoop so low as to take attention away from the game itself. It is only you hate filled, knuckle dragger, tough guy texters that rally for that kind of classless reception. I still feel we should show respect to our adversary before we beat them.
I honestly can't tell if this is satire or not

Hey, if some of our idiot fans will boo our own players, I'm sure Cal will get booed. I won't be one booing, though.

Post of year!! YOU COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER👏👏👏

Reactions: Lost In FL
dead silence and turn of the back would be ideal imo. What cal accomplish or lack of is borderline coaching malpractice.All that NBA money and no NIL is a head scratcher

Didn't you lecture someone about foul language on this board.....
He’s the biggest hypocrite around. He also complained that players are not loyal anymore, then said in another post that players are dead to me after they leave.

He’s a fraud in every way possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT