ADVERTISEMENT

Jamie Vinson visiting

It's clear Cal quit pretending to coach but Pope hasn't done anything either and has never won anything. Why does he get a pass?
Imagine trying to cart a team to the NCAA championship game with a horse and buggy. Now imagine packing everyone into a bus.

The resources, expectations, exposure, and more are all significantly greater at UK. Steel sharpens steel.

If you wanna nitpick a coach who hasn’t even been here 2 months have at it man. That seems like a bad way to go about things. Pope is getting a pass from the fans who are being reasonable because he won at BYU with a fraction of the resources he has now and he has shown an ability to actually coach and make adjustments.
These kinds of people are hard to convince. Wish they would follow Cal out of here.

I didn't get a reply when I asked this before and if no one knows, that's ok. Just wondering, is there any reason why a walk on can or can't get nil money? Not talking about big money, but if they can, the roster is essentialy as deep as you are willing to pay for, now....from nil funds, of course. Seems like a way to add a late stud or similar, simply by converting them to walk-on status but paying scholly value in addition to his nil agreement kinda thing.
Everyone has a right to their name, image, and likeness. That's the point: the NCAA can't take that away from people.

I didn't get a reply when I asked this before and if no one knows, that's ok. Just wondering, is there any reason why a walk on can or can't get nil money? Not talking about big money, but if they can, the roster is essentialy as deep as you are willing to pay for, now....from nil funds, of course. Seems like a way to add a late stud or similar, simply by converting them to walk-on status but paying scholly value in addition to his nil agreement kinda thing.
Of course they can get NIL money, they can also sell their autographs, shirts and commercials like everyone else. You can’t tell anyone no anymore or else. lol. Good for us in this situation I suppose but not great for the country probably. Anyway the answer is yes they can get everything except the scholarship. They still eat and live with the team as well so yeah not a bad idea in my opinion if they’re tight. It’s going to be hard for anyone in the country to keep 13 kids happy anyway so we may see more redshirts in the future. No need to waste a kids season if he has potential in my opinion. Like Nova used to with Jay. Had a football team and they just come in the next year and take off.

Not so sure we end up with either Lanier or Robinson at this point.
You could be right but I’ve heard some good talk about Lainer from some in the know, just have to be patient. lol. I honestly don’t know about Robinson, he really seems all in for the draft. I mean I’d like to have him but with the roster we have I just don’t see a big leap or anything like with Lanier. I really would like to get him and hope we’re still going in on him hard. He could help I think. Not that Robinson couldn’t, I just see his spot with enough good guys. I do like Poplar to but looks like we are waiting for those two first. I really don’t think anyone has a clue until it’s actually put out. I sure don’t. Haha. Thanks

The kid went toe-to-toe with this year's Player of the Year and did ok. Better than ok. Good. Very good. I just wonder about the kinds of validation people require.

There are no sure things. No "I Win" buttons to push. And no amount of anxiety from the fans helps. No # of wins will give validation. [stage whisper] it's a game.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
The kid went toe-to-toe with this year's Player of the Year and did ok. Better than ok. Good. Very good. I just wonder about the kinds of validation people require.

There are no sure things. No "I Win" buttons to push. And no amount of anxiety from the fans helps. No # of wins will give validation. [stage whisper] it's a game.
Not doubting you whatsoever, but who are you referring to and what are the details of this game? Thanks in advance.

I feel like you can see his potential in the videos. Bulk him up and teach him the system. It seems like he has a nice touch on his jumper and some athleticism.

Reactions: JASUN74
I have no idea of his skills or potential. But that play where an offensive player took a shot that clanged on the rim made it look like the videos were against a no talent team. I would say the assessment has to take into consideration as to what Vinson's goals are in the long-term. If he is coming here knowing it is going to be several year commitment to develop than it might make sense. If he expects to be like the Cal recruits then pass.

Reactions: lazycat75
Not doubting you whatsoever, but who are you referring to and what are the details of this game? Thanks in advance.

I feel like you can see his potential in the videos. Bulk him up and teach him the system. It seems like he has a nice touch on his jumper and some athleticism.
Not speaking for Dreadlox since he does that well but for to satisfy your curiosity quicker he was on the FDU team that made Purdue the 2nd #1 seed to lose in the first round. Of course he was talking about Edey as the player of the year.

Reactions: BlueSince92

Brother, i just finished off a Yuengling Pilsner, going for a Yuengling Black & Tan, after that may have a Yuengling Lager... AND going to watch a John Wayne movie, haven't decided which one. I have over a hundred of his though... Jut a couple clicks and I am rocking....

• Haha
Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Brother, i just finished off a Yuengling Pilsner, going for a Yuengling Black & Tan, after that may have a Yuengling Lager... AND going to watch a John Wayne movie, haven't decided which one. I have over a hundred of his though... Jut a couple clicks and I am rocking....
Texas Roadhouse here. I’ll have to see what they have on tap!

Reactions: BBUK
I hear ya. I would never meet anyone from off the internet though. Especially from here, lol.

I've met five or six people from here over the years. Have developed some good friends. Talked on the phone with them, even done some business with three people, maybe four.

Yeah, there sure are some skanks though.

I'd share the first beer, more if they were decent people... (Had a beer with one guy once. Seemed okay but I may have looked seedy to him.)

I've met five or six people from here over the years. Have developed some good friends. Talked on the phone with them, even done some business with three people, maybe four.

Yeah, there sure are some skanks though.

I'd share the first beer, more if they were decent people... (Had a beer with one guy once. Seemed okay but I may have looked seedy to him.)
lol. You’re more trusting than me. Too many people looking to lay traps to find out who people are so they can tell the other people they are whispering to. Not a chance. Have a great night.

Reactions: BBUK
Pope had his hands tied recruiting. His recruits had to agree to BYU religious standards. His hands are untied at UK. It was remarkable that he had winning seasons at BYU.
Byu is a niche school and I’m not at all surprised. If you’re Mormon and you’re good byu is where you go.

Reactions: ukfan1622
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT