ADVERTISEMENT

Zone!!!!

Desperate times call for desperate measures it sure eliminates straight line drives and pick and rolls doesn't it

All you have to do is throw it in a few times a half to keep a team off balance. Most college players aren't smart enough to adjust on the fly when they've seen the same defense 5 possessions in a row and then you throw something different at them.

Congrats Cal, you made an in-game adjustment. I was starting to think ya didn't have it in you.

They have played it pretty good, that's when we started coming back. I think he needs to play it more.

He needs to play it all the time with how bad bam is on defense and how often he's in foul trouble

With Bam being in foul trouble, I don't understand why we're not playing more zone. It might be a band aid, but it's working

Id like to know why Bam is rated so high in the NBA..All he can do is dunk and he can't do that in the NBA..This is type of guys you need back to win a title

Reactions: UKGrad93
Come on guys, we didn't play any zone tonight. Your eyes were deceiving you (and me). You know how I know this? Because there are some real Einsteins on this board that have sworn Cal will NEVER play any zone and tells us we just aren't living in "reality". Those few are so damn smart that we must have just imagined that zone defense tonight. It's the only explanation. Let's just go bass fishing!

Reactions: RipThru
I didn't read any of the responses...but I like it. I like the idea of using every tool in the box unless the tool doesn't work. Tonight, I thought the zone helped. Use the tool that helps you win.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
Wish we had played it more in the second half and OT. There was no sense in abandoning it to start the second half until Georgia forced us out of it. Sometimes Cal is too stubborn for his own good.

Kybass(ass) is still saying the zone we played (the one he said we'd NEVER play) was Swiss cheese tonight. Yep. He's really that stupid. He apparently watched a different game tonight, or he doesn't know how to watch a game. Frankly, I think he's just a little slow. Well, a lot slow.

Of course our going from 0% shooting up to 25% - 30% was due to the zone huh?

You guys enjoy your zone fix. We pull that mess out in the round of 16 or later in the tourney, we're dead. I'm not to worried about that though. Cal is on the bench

Of course our going from 0% shooting up to 25% - 30% was due to the zone huh?

You guys enjoy your zone fix. We pull that mess out in the round of 16 or later in the tourney, we're dead. I'm not to worried about that though. Cal is on the bench

What the hell is wrong with you? You seem upset that cal even played zone. Do you own stock in man to man defense or something. The shit I see cal pulling on the bench is the same shit he pulled in the second half tonight, go away from something that is/was working and allow Georgia back in the game. How many times did Bilas comment in the 2nd half that he things cal should go back to the zone that was so effective in the first half.

You won't have to worry about cal playing zone in the tourney in the sweet 16 and beyond because he won't. He will sit over there and watch us lose his way before mixing it up and fans like you can feel good that we lost while sticking to the principles of a stubborn coach.

Reactions: Kybluedude
What the hell is wrong with you? You seem upset that cal even played zone. Do you own stock in man to man defense or something. The shit I see cal pulling on the bench is the same shit he pulled in the second half tonight, go away from something that is/was working and allow Georgia back in the game. How many times did Bilas comment in the 2nd half that he things cal should go back to the zone that was so effective in the first half.

You won't have to worry about cal playing zone in the tourney in the sweet 16 and beyond because he won't. He will sit over there and watch us lose his way before mixing it up and fans like you can feel good that we lost while sticking to the principles of a stubborn coach.
Don't waste your time. The guy is a certified moron. He's also nothing but a troll. Probably a closet Loserville fan.

What I saw in the zone was most of the players were non starters, which makes me think they use it in practice against the starters. makes sense to me, maybe not others

Reactions: JeffEngland
What I saw in the zone was most of the players were non starters, which makes me think they use it in practice against the starters. makes sense to me, maybe not others
Good observation, I noticed that as well.

Glad he finally showed it. With Kentucky's length it can be very effective imo.

What I saw was a defensive change that allowed us to get back in the game. They were scoring at will against our man defense and we shut them down when we switched. It saved the game and gave us a chance to stay in it until the offense got its head out of its collective asses. I don't care who was in at the time. It worked.

Last edited:

Tipton thought it was a good idea. Tells me all I needed to know.

However, you just ring old Cal up and set him straight.

What I saw was a defensive change that allowed us to get back in the game. They were scoring at will in our man defense and we shut the down when we switch. It saved the game and gave us a chance to stay in it until the offense got its head out of its collective asses. I don't care who was in at the time. It worked.

LOL!

I see the old Captain is posting in embarrassment about being proven completely WRONG in regards to his moronic rants over the past few days. Don't worry sugar plum, this too shall pass. Maybe one day you'll actually be right about something. Maybe.

I see the old Captain is posting in embarrassment about being proven completely WRONG in regards to his moronic rants over the past few days. Don't worry sugar plum, this too shall pass. Maybe one day you'll actually be right about something. Maybe.

You talking to me or Cal? He hates zone worse than me. As far as what we'll be doing in future, I'm right enough.

I have good news for you though. Your best buddy, Tipton was extolling the virtues of zone. You could go give him some hits. Maybe you guys could even be pen pals.

You talking to me or Cal? He hates zone worse than me. As far as what we'll be doing in future, I'm right enough.

I have good news for you though. Your best buddy, Tipton was extolling the virtues of zone. You could go give him some hits. Maybe you guys could even be pen pals.
You mean like you and the Loserville beat writers???

Then the starters should be able to attack a zone better than they do.

Reactions: RipThru
Tipton thought it was a good idea. Tells me all I needed to know.

However, you just ring old Cal up and set him straight.

Tipton is a buffoon but only a complete moron would think playing a zone that got us back in the game was a bad idea.

Reactions: BourbonBalz
ADVERTISEMENT