ADVERTISEMENT

Zone?

Apr 24, 2013
I know Cal has always said that he doesn't like to zone. But with this team's inability to stay in front of their man and fight through screens, why not give it a try. Why is it that other teams get wide open looks from their offense when we don't, because we don't fight through screens. How many times were we hit with the back door last night. One time maybe, but any more than that is terrible. A zone takes care of all of these things. Yes rebounding is tough in a zone but we don't rebound now anyway.

Reactions: Galbpt02
I was glad to see Cal use some zone late. I think it has to become a staple of this team considering our weaknesses.

I mean, he played it a little last night just grasping and something to help. I just don't see him changing his aversion to zone for more than certain situation.

I'd love to see it, and agree it could benefit this team. Yet the second a team hits a 3 well be back to man to man.

I was glad to see the zone last night..LSU was very confused. It was a shame we could not score at our end.

Cal's refusal to change defense is his worst coaching trait in my opinion. All the way back to the 2013 team, he refuses to play anything but man no matter the team. LSU set one pick and was in the lane on offense all night! Their coach is horrible, but we let them by without running many sets. Just give Simmions or Quaterman the ball and instant points.

A zone all night would have greatly slowed them down. All you have to focus on was the tatted up white kid. You can assume Quarterman would not have been as hot had he not hit all the early bunnies in the lane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT