ADVERTISEMENT

Zone tomorrow???

It won us the game against them last time and they shoot really bad. I think it's a good idea, but that's about $9mil above my pay grade

However, if they play D like against UT, I don't care about a zone.

It won us the game against them last time and they shoot really bad. I think it's a good idea, but that's about $9mil above my pay grade

However, if they play D like against UT, I don't care about a zone.
I think you have to treat UGA differently than UT just because of Maten. UT didn't have anyone of that caliber.
A zone should help protect Vam from foul trouble, UGA is going to go right at Bam from the opening tip, that's obvious. A zone should help with that.
But Cal won't do it.

Hope he plays zone in first half to make UGA make jumpers and keep our best players out of foul trouble in first half. SEC refs are homers ...Like to see our best players on the floor in first half.

If it works stay in it if not go man.

The only way we play it is if we are in major foul trouble. It's a shame that is what it takes to mix the defenses up. I know man to man is Coach Cal's bread and butter, but having a good second option is nice for an emergency. It doesn't mean go all Jim Boeheim out there, but look like the players are proficient with one.

They shot 60% against us at Rupp, so I expect more of the same. That's the kind of luck we face on the road most of the time with mediocre teams playing out of their minds.

I expect Fox to attack the middle with Maten man to man, kickout on the double team to crump, JJ, or Harris for threes.

Then again, Fox will probably bench Harris and crump if they make one.

For some reason Fox has kept one of our best shooters on the bench all season. Until that game in Knoxville. Wonder if he can get out of his own coaching way today.

They shot 60% against us at Rupp, so I expect more of the same. That's the kind of luck we face on the road most of the time with mediocre teams playing out of their minds.

Much more likely to shoot closer to their avg which is 32% than shoot 60 again

Cal, apparently, hates zone defense so I doubt we see it unless we are in serious foul trouble. Doesn't matter what we think on here. Now watch him do it after saying that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT