ADVERTISEMENT

Zonal lands 5 star PG

Wallins creek Cat

Sophomore
Dec 11, 2007
Serious question. Why does Zonal seem to land 5 star recruits on fairly consistent basis. Is it coaching or location. What's your opinion ?

It's different eras. These top 10 guys aren't usually planning on 4 years of college. In the 90's they were. Olson couldn't quite recruit to this level because no one could at that time. Not enough roster turnover. They were still recruiting at a high caliber.

Miller is an excellent recruiter and Romar joining the staff has made them even more dangerous. Naz Reid has said he wanted to play college ball with Quinerly. Remains to be seen if he winds up there too.

Miller always had good talent at Xavier. It was just he pretty much pulled a cal and uped his recruiting by a ton when he went to a good basketball school. If miller does not go to a final four this year i'm not sure if he ever will..

How the hell can Romar not get a head coaching gig, but guys like Gillispie get UK and Johnny Jones gets power 5 jobs?

The academic AD's aren't any better at these hires than a die hard fan would be sitting on his couch.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Look people the name of the player tells ya everything you need to know. This players name sucks balls and thus he wont be that great. His name has no marketing value. Just saying the name is the first clue.
I'd change that name if I was him.

i@@i

If Richards leaves would we need another big guy? The wings have sucked up all the attention and I haven't heard anything about Moses Brown or Naz Reid or that west coast center from U-19 USA tryouts in awhile.

How the hell can Romar not get a head coaching gig, but guys like Gillispie get UK and Johnny Jones gets power 5 jobs?

The academic AD's aren't any better at these hires than a die hard fan would be sitting on his couch.

Romar is one of the worst x's and o's coaches i have ever seen. If you go back and watch Washington and Kentucky play in that 2010 maui invitation, cal outcoached romar by a mile..

Biggest Nike program in the West has a lot to do with it. And hey, Arizona isn't a bad place to attend school.

Miller is an excellent recruiter and Romar joining the staff has made them even more dangerous. Naz Reid has said he wanted to play college ball with Quinerly. Remains to be seen if he winds up there too.

Forgot about Romario being there. Good reply

Well, since none of those guys are head coaches, I'm not sure what you're saying because Romar coached a Power 5 team for 15 years. Romar was a head coach for 20 years, the last 15 at Washington. He made the NCAA Tournament in 6 of the 15 years. Are you suggesting he should still be a head coach somewhere?

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Serious question. Why does Zonal seem to land 5 star recruits on fairly consistent basis. Is it coaching or location. What's your opinion ?
Huh? Arizona is a big time program, with a big time coach.

They're going to get big time recruits, especially from the west coast.

Look, some of our fans have amnesia. Before Cal came, our recruiting was average at best. Tubby and Clyde would basically offer any warm body a scholarship.

Reactions: shutzhund
They already signed one PG for this class, 4-star Brandon Williams.

They will be young next season. They likely lose their entire projected starting five: Jackson-Cartwright, Trier, Alkins, Ayton, and Rustic.

They will sign lots of talent in this class. They have to.

Miller has always been known for his recruiting. When Miller moved up the ladder, so did the recruiting. When you're talking west coach basketball, ain't like you have a lot of blue bloods to choose from. It seems the Wildcats is just as good, if not better than any school near the west coast. I know Miller has a lot of coaching still to learn with him being somewhat young still, but with the talent the dude has to work with, he will make a final four at some point. Sometimes, but rarely, you can build a team too talented to allow lack of late game coaching cost you.

Self should be recruiting at Miller's level. Kansas has one top-5 class since winning the title just makes no sense to me. They're successful on the transfer market but still...

When you think blue bloods of college basketball Arizona is usually not in top 5 but they seem to pull several good recruits. Just wondered what people thought as to why. If it was coaching, location (West coast) or something else. I know Miller is good recruiter but this is also before him. IMO it's because UCLA has lost it pull on West Coast kids. Time makes people forget what UCLA once was to college basketball. All smart ass spelling errors please refer to Poster Kentucky31. They are grammar Po Po. That's police Kentucky31.

When you think blue bloods of college basketball Arizona is usually not in top 5 but they seem to pull several good recruits. Just wondered what people thought as to why. If it was coaching, location (West coast) or something else. I know Miller is good recruiter but this is also before him. IMO it's because UCLA has lost it pull on West Coast kids. Time makes people forget what UCLA once was to college basketball. All smart ass spelling errors please refer to Poster Kentucky31. They are grammar Po Po. That's police Kentucky31.

12 can't pull me over. Skert, skert!

I think being on the west coast and he is an excellent recruiter. But, year in and year out he does less with more than any other coach in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT