ADVERTISEMENT

Zo sheds the BBBrand shoes and goes for

He needs to quit shooting all those 3s. He's been a mismatch on the drive and kick/ drive and finish. That ugly jumper isn't gonna be consistent from range in the league

Gonzo Lonzo is overrated but the BBB shoes are evidently worse than you'd think.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account@ESPNStatsInfo
Lonzo Ball has dominated the last 2 games without Big Baller Brand shoes.

DErAEBPXoAEDaIa.jpg

He needs to quit shooting all those 3s. He's been a mismatch on the drive and kick/ drive and finish. That ugly jumper isn't gonna be consistent from range in the league
He's just trying to show everyone that he's better than Steph Curry like his daddy said. It's not working out so well though.

Shot poorly but got another triple double and they won a playoff game.

I think it's safe to say that Laker fans are happy with the pick.

Shot poorly but got another triple double and they won a playoff game.

I think it's safe to say that Laker fans are happy with the pick.

This Laker fan is happy with the pick (make that ALL of the picks), and pretty much all of the Laker front office moves. Lonzo definitely has work to do, but he has a chance to be special.

Its just shows that BBB is trash like everyone thought and his dad has no idea about business. Would nike let anyone wear another brand. Hell even L.A. Gear would draw the line.

Sure. No idea.

That must be why the microphone is always in his face and he appeared on WWE wrestling.

Knows nothing.

Reactions: Aike
Sure. No idea.

That must be why the microphone is always in his face and he appeared on WWE wrestling.

Knows nothing.

Just because hes getting some attention doesnt mean his brand will succeed. His price point is crazy. His items are trash and his main player, his own son doesn't wear the brand exclusively. He actually has preformed better in other brands. That is not a good endorsement to me. What do I know though. I just go off proven stuff like Jordans who appeal due to looks, preformance, marketing, and the legend of the player who they are named for. The same pairs have sold over and over the past 20 years and will continue too.

Just because hes getting some attention doesnt mean his brand will succeed. His price point is crazy. His items are trash and his main player, his own son doesn't wear the brand exclusively. He actually has preformed better in other brands. That is not a good endorsement to me. What do I know though. I just go off proven stuff like Jordans who appeal due to looks, preformance, marketing, and the legend of the player who they are named for. The same pairs have sold over and over the past 20 years and will continue too.

So, you are saying that BBBs compare unfavorably to Air Jordan's?

Gotcha.

I think you are being way too narrow in your assessment of all that this man's business entails.

So, you are saying that BBBs compare unfavorably to Air Jordan's?

Gotcha.

I think you are being way too narrow in your assessment of all that this man's business entails.

What exactly does his "business " entail? They're a side show oddity.
The dads 15 minutes of fame will be over sooner rather than later.

Do you think that BBB even stands up to Shaqs line at walmart?

Hahaha omg, totally forgot about Shaq shoes.

97% of Jordan's don't even go for $500 like
The "zo's" are priced at. If his father truly
Claims to be a "smart businessman " then he's an idiot for pricing the shoe that high. Not to mention they're rather hideous and very very bland looking.

They look like New balance dad shoes but in black

It's mid-July, and Lonzo Ball (and his father) have managed to be the top sports topic in the country.

I don't know if the shoes will sell. I don't know if they will sell the brand to someone else.

I don't know what their overall plan is, or whether it will succeed or fail. But I know they are getting massive, massive exposure.

So Lavar, for all of his carnival barker sideshowmanship, is doing something right from a marketing standpoint.

And what I think a lot of fans don't get is that the LA Laker fan base is massive. The largest in all of the sport. And today, those fans are in love with Lonzo Ball. You could do a lot worse than to market merchandise to that audience.

I bet most of you don't like Justin Bieber, right? But you're not his demographic. Young man makes millions of dollars selling t-shirts to 15 year old girls.

He's just trying to show everyone that he's better than Steph Curry like his daddy said. It's not working out so well though.
Hate to root against a dude but that ego will cost him. Dude is ultra talented in other facets of the game it's frustrating to see him force the part he's weakest at

Yeah and his $75 dollar T shirts are a great plan. I am sure the demographic he targets will line up yo buy that. Since you seem to know about his business @UKUGA, you tell us what hes trying to do and what demographic will buy it. Nobody in the hood will pay that over jordans. No mom will buy her kids that, especially shitty made shoes. Adults 18~30 won't use half their check for that and those over it would rather buy six pairs of Nike's or Reeboks. I am curious what hes trying to do. Get a few rich athletes that respect his hustle to buy a few pairs then what? Hes going to have to invest capital to get advertising, distribution, and quality control to make a better product. He can't rely on his mouth to get to he billions he values his shitty company at.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Yeah and his $75 dollar T shirts are a great plan. I am sure the demographic he targets will line up yo buy that. Since you seem to know about his business @UKUGA, you tell us what hes trying to do and what demographic will buy it. Nobody in the hood will pay that over jordans. No mom will buy her kids that, especially shitty made shoes. Adults 18~30 won't use half their check for that and those over it would rather buy six pairs of Nike's or Reeboks. I am curious what hes trying to do. Get a few rich athletes that respect his hustle to buy a few pairs then what? Hes going to have to invest capital to get advertising, distribution, and quality control to make a better product. He can't rely on his mouth to get to he billions he values his shitty company at.

You said he knows nothing about business.

I'm saying you have defined his busisness way too narrowly by focusing strictly on BBB merchandise.

If you can't see that the "Ball" business is much bigger than that, then you aren't even having the right conversation.

What exactly does his "business " entail? They're a side show oddity.
The dads 15 minutes of fame will be over sooner rather than later.

I think you are closer than the other guy.

Have you considered the prospect that his business is the "Ball" family business?

I've been following the Lakers for nearly 40 years. For decades, I have heard about player X desperately trying to get to LA, but almost all of them are unable to pull it off.

This guy's oldest son gets drafted by the Lakers, after he "speaks it into existence."

He's already generating more buzz in Summer League than the Lakers did pretty much all of last season.

He's got 2 more sons on the cover of Slam Magazine.

15 minutes or 30, I don't care. He's creative and effectively gotten his family name out there and discussed constantly.

People can't bring themselves to pull the microphone out of his face. He and his son appeared on WWE with "Big Baller Brand" shining in the background.

Are his $495 shoes overpriced? Sure, but people are naive if they don't see that as the intent. Clearly, this is not about generating volume shoe sales out of the box.

He's generating a discussion. And some of you can't stop talking about it.

I hope my Lakers draft more overrated kids who make teammates better and the game more fun to watch. So glad they also drafted one of my training kids in Kyle Kuzma who should push for major minutes at PF as the only PF on the roster who can shoot

Gonzo Lonzo is overrated but the BBB shoes are evidently worse than you'd think.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account@ESPNStatsInfo
Lonzo Ball has dominated the last 2 games without Big Baller Brand shoes.

DErAEBPXoAEDaIa.jpg

Reactions: UKUGA and Aike

Have you considered the prospect that his business is the "Ball" family business?

I've been following the Lakers for nearly 40 years. For decades, I have heard about player X desperately trying to get to LA, but almost all of them are unable to pull it off.

This guy's oldest son gets drafted by the Lakers, after he "speaks it into existence."

He's already generating more buzz in Summer League than the Lakers did pretty much all of last season.

15 minutes or 30, I don't care. He's creative and effectively gotten his family name out there and discussed constantly.

People can't bring themselves to pull the microphone out of his face. He and his son appeared on WWE with "Big Baller Brand" shining in the background.

Are his $495 shoes overpriced? Sure, but people are naive if they don't see that as the intent. Clearly, this is not about generating volume shoe sales out of the box.

Bingo. Some people want to spend $30 for shoes, and some people WANT to spend $500.

Whether it's intentional or not, his marketing is working. It's like Mayweather/McGregor. You fire up the masses. You create storylines. You think he doesn't know what he's doing by talking ish about Fox? People are going to tune in and watch that game. I know I will. He's creating a rivalry that could last for years. Next thing you know maybe they get into a little scuffle on the court......more exposure.

Those who laugh at the Ball's and talk "15 minutes of fame" have no idea what drives the needle these days. It's sad and pathetic, like the Kardashians, but damned if it doesn't work.

It's mid-July, and Lonzo Ball (and his father) have managed to be the top sports topic in the country.

I don't know if the shoes will sell. I don't know if they will sell the brand to someone else.

I don't know what their overall plan is, or whether it will succeed or fail. But I know they are getting massive, massive exposure.

So Lavar, for all of his carnival barker sideshowmanship, is doing something right from a marketing standpoint.

And what I think a lot of fans don't get is that the LA Laker fan base is massive. The largest in all of the sport. And today, those fans are in love with Lonzo Ball. You could do a lot worse than to market merchandise to that audience.

I bet most of you don't like Justin Bieber, right? But you're not his demographic. Young man makes millions of dollars selling t-shirts to 15 year old girls.
Last two paragraphs nailed it.

I hope my Lakers draft more overrated kids who make teammates better and the game more fun to watch. So glad they also drafted one of my training kids in Kyle Kuzma who should push for major minutes at PF as the only PF on the roster who can shoot
He seems really nice and polite in an interview I saw.

You being a lakers fans explains your rationale
And thinking on this issue.

Say no more . :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT