ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson dunk. Sweet Jesus.

OK, I admit to being caught off guard. Usually these threads have decent stuff, but nothing that we haven't seen before. But that was insane. I'm still not even sure what he did.

Dear Lord, what the heck was that? Whatever it was, it was incredibly impressive. I can't even do that on a closet door mounted nerf hoop. Jeez.

That's the Vince Carter dunk contest dunk... in a game... by a high schooler... so... yeah.

Unreal dunk. But can this kid do anything besides dunk? Haven't seen a jumper in any highlights, lol

Reactions: maverick1
Unreal dunk. But can this kid do anything besides dunk? Haven't seen a jumper in any highlights, lol

Was about to ask the same thing. He's the most incredible high school dunker I've seen in a long time, if not ever. But I haven't seen so much as a jumper.

Reactions: MWes11
He can do that all he wants in high school, you come here it's about winning the Championship, or please go elsewhere I'm trying to get #9.

Where is he expected to go at this point? iv'e seen people saying duke for the most part or UNC but they have no idea im sure, that doesn't seem like a kid that would EVER go play for Duke.

Drake? The musician? or whatever people that do music call themselves with what they make nowadays

He seems like he would play at UK, can't be all talented and highlighty at duke in their player control foul camps

It's incredible how much explosion he has for being as beefy as he is. He's built like Randle but 3 inches shorter. He'd be a heck of a miss match face up 4 for small ball and a killer 3. I want him badly. That being I can not wrap my head around what he actually did. I know he dunked it but how? Some form of witchcraft it appears.

It's incredible how much explosion he has for being as beefy as he is. He's built like Randle but 3 inches shorter. He'd be a heck of a miss match face up 4 for small ball and a killer 3. I want him badly. That being I can not wrap my head around what he actually did. I know he dunked it but how? Some form of witchcraft it appears.
You think he'd be a good 3? I sure don't. 3's need to hit outside shots, this kid dunks, haven't seen much in the line of shooting from him.
Of course, if I was his size, I would dunk everything too. Prolly talk about everyone's momma too.

I did some research and most players turn counter clockwise on a 360° dunk, but he went clockwise. So that was a reverse 360° windmill dunk. Very impressive doing that in a game.

You think he'd be a good 3? I sure don't. 3's need to hit outside shots, this kid dunks, haven't seen much in the line of shooting from him.
Of course, if I was his size, I would dunk everything too. Prolly talk about everyone's momma too.

MKG didn't hit outside shots and he's one of the best 3s we've had in a long time. In fact, I'd take MKG over James Young (who was a shooting 3) every day of the week. I know we don't want a roster full of brick layers, but there something about having a bull charing to the basket for dunks and rebounds that gets me excited. Don't get me wrong, I love a game winning 3 as much as the next guy, but the Williamson's of the world are projected 3's since he's apparently "only" 6'6 or 6'7. I think wholeheartedly he can be a heck of a 4 man like Chane Behanon from UL a few years ago or Anthony Bennett (who this kid reminds me of without the jumper). But if his handles, defense and driving ability are as good and have as much potential as it appears he has, then he's definitely seeing time at the 3 if he comes here.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Where is he expected to go at this point? iv'e seen people saying duke for the most part or UNC but they have no idea im sure, that doesn't seem like a kid that would EVER go play for Duke.
Played for my son and grew up a Duke fan but highly unlikely he leaves SC

He reminds me of Rodney Rogers of Wake Forest back in the 90's. Same frame, same explosiveness.

...but these highlight reel dunks in the age of YouTube can be really deceiving. When do you recall having seen Deuce Bellow or Seventh Woods do a thing in a college basketball game? You'd have thought you'd see them in the NBA by now based on what they did in HS.

so many puny little white kids on all the teams he plays against. Still an impressive dunk.

He does play in a league where even I could go out there and probably do pretty well. That being said, I think his game translates well because he's been said to be dominant at big tournaments.

This is a quote from DraftExpress from back in August

"20.0 PTS, 4.0 REB, 1.3 AST, 2.0 STL, 13-17 FT%, 82.1 FG%

Playing 77 minutes over the course of just three games, Zion Williamson led the entire tournament in PER (40.1) despite having turned 16 just a month ago. Williamson scored nearly a point per minute (60 in 77) on outrageous efficiency (82% 2P%, 1-1 3P, 77% FT%), demonstrating advanced instincts for putting the ball in the basket."

He was also the MVP and the NBPA top 100.

Was he playing a middle school team???? But the dunk was All Star Dunk contest worthy. He reminds me of a Julius Randle/Mashburn clone (at least physically). Me like!

Dude is coming to UK. Drake has indicated that for weeks. Sit back and wait
Nope. He is going to Duke. At least that is what 98% of the people on this board think. and we have no shot at Bagley and Langford either. Guess where they are going. Yep...That's right. Total fear and paranoia.

ADVERTISEMENT