ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson doesn't receive invite for U19 team

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
If cal doesn't go after a kid like him hard there is always a reason for it. Exhibit A. Shabazz Exhibit B. Selby

While I don't think this has anything to do with recruiting, I'm just putting that out there as cal knows everything he does at uk is under a microscope. It's amazing how the days have passed when a guy would chose a school based on possible shoe contracts. Not to be off topic, but I think the things that happened at umass and Memphis, cal might of suspected, but he's not going to ask point blank as he doesn't want to know. Now that he is at uk the days of kids and demands are over. Mid majors, unc, and Louisville try and add extra benefits or cheat to try and get kids to go there but most play by the rules. Kansas is quickly becoming the bengals of college basketball.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Not accepting an invite ≠ receiving an invite

I don't think it means anything for his recruitment. Playing for Cal during the tournament would help, but not being there doesn't hurt I don't think.

If cal doesn't go after a kid like him hard there is always a reason for it. Exhibit A. Shabazz Exhibit B. Selby

While I don't think this has anything to do with recruiting, I'm just putting that out there as cal knows everything he does at uk is under a microscope. It's amazing how the days have passed when a guy would chose a school based on possible shoe contracts. Not to be off topic, but I think the things that happened at umass and Memphis, cal might of suspected, but he's not going to ask point blank as he doesn't want to know. Now that he is at uk the days of kids and demands are over. Mid majors, unc, and Louisville try and add extra benefits or cheat to try and get kids to go there but most play by the rules. Kansas is quickly becoming the bengals of college basketball.

The Bengals are indeed a disgrace to the NFL. Just a dispicable outfit.

Does Cal do all the inviting or a committee?
Are you saying that Zion is off the list due to UK not interested?
Or that Zion spurned Cal's UK offer?
Bolden and Young are on the list......Cal plays fair with these guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWyldKat
Cal wanted Shabazz pretty badly. It was one of the first times at UK he lost out on one of the guy's he went all in on.

Reactions: CatsNotCards
Does Cal do all the inviting or a committee?
Are you saying that Zion is off the list due to UK not interested?
Or that Zion spurned Cal's UK offer?
Bolden and Young are on the list......Cal plays fair with these guys.
Great question I was wondering the same thing.

I wouldn't want to go to Egypt either. I'm guessing you guys would send your kids there?

Practice, get ready, (Cal gets to know them better) and make a
decision about the safety later. Can always pull out if it seems
too risky. Nothing lost by preparing. (maybe summer classes)
P J W, Knox, and Diallo will accomplish more under Cal and this
competition than at pick up games in Lex.

Reactions: track42
Would you send you're kid to America if you lived in another country when you consider we have more attacks and deaths than Egypt by Thousands upon thousands? Do you plan on sending you're kids away from here and to a more safer country since America is actually pretty dangerous?

I wouldn't want to go to Egypt either. I'm guessing you guys would send your kids there?

Would you send you're kid to America if you lived in another country when you consider we have more attacks and deaths than Egypt by Thousands upon thousands? Do you plan on sending you're kids away from here and to a more safer country since America is actually pretty dangerous?
I don't send my kids to dangerous places PERIOD. If authorities report of a possible bombing/shooting etc at my local shopping mall I won't send my kid there. If there are violent riots in Baltimore, guess what I won't send my kid to Baltimore. And I damn sure wouldn't send my teen overseas (likely without me) to a country in turmoil.

America has its problems with violence, many of which I am accustomed to, and for the most part can deal with (avoid certain places, dress accordingly, be armed, etc). Most Americans are not accustomed to Middle East violence (suicide bombers, beheadings, etc) in which US citizens could be targeted.

I value my kids lives, if you are willing to overlook the safety of yours to be PC that's on you.

Reactions: KYNC89

This. I mean I'm glad we got some potential recruits going , but I'd be damned if I sent my kids to Egypt right now .

I mean they'll prolly be fine, and staying in luxurious hotels/ safe areas.

But still.

I'm [happily] surprised that quickly, bol and company along with diallo and Knox are gonna be on the team.

Reactions: KYNC89
I don't send my kids to dangerous places PERIOD. If authorities report of a possible bombing/shooting etc at my local shopping mall I won't send my kid there. If there are violent riots in Baltimore, guess what I won't send my kid to Baltimore. And I damn sure wouldn't send my teen overseas (likely without me) to a country in turmoil.

America has its problems with violence, many of which I am accustomed to, and for the most part can deal with (avoid certain places, dress accordingly, be armed, etc). Most Americans are not accustomed to Middle East violence (suicide bombers, beheadings, etc) in which US citizens could be targeted.

I value my kids lives, if you are willing to overlook the safety of yours to be PC that's on you.
Thank you sir

This. I mean I'm glad we got some potential recruits going , but I'd be damned if I sent my kids to Egypt right now .

I mean they'll prolly be fine, and staying in luxurious hotels/ safe areas.

But still.

I'm [happily] surprised that quickly, bol and company along with diallo and Knox are gonna be on the team.
Knox and Washington parents seem like great people very involved in their lives.I'm sure they have spoken to Cal and learned about where they will be staying and the security measures taken and must feel okay about it to allow them to go.

I would send my kids to any part of America. Egypt absolutely not.

I would send my kids to any part of America. Egypt absolutely not.
For me it would depend on the info I gathered and what the coach told me about where they would stay,security in place and plans.We really don't know the details so it's unfair for anyone to imply anything negative about the parents.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
For me it would depend on the info I gathered and what the coach told me about where they would stay,security in place and plans.We really don't know the details so it's unfair for anyone to imply anything negative about the parents.
Didn't say anything negative. Just saying I wouldn't.

You are correct, Zion doesn't have handlers. He's currently over in Italy at a addidas event along with Quickley. Probably wants a break after that is my guess.

Bagley has been a no show to countless USA team things so they probably figured they wouldn't invite him anymore. He went to one tryout and made the team but then never showed up after making it. I'd be willing to bet Cal likely talked to both already about playing in the team and both declined

Don't think he had handlers, unless you are talking about his Dad. Zion = Adidas too, if I'm recalling this correctly. Doesn't Nike sponsor USA Basketball?

If Cal gets the guys who accepted the invites, then we are in good shape.

I think quite a few guys will be back from this coming season as well.

Should be another contender.

[eyeroll]

ADVERTISEMENT