ADVERTISEMENT

Zion update and Herro info

Basketball recruiting will continue to be quiet for Kentucky for the next few weeks and maybe even a month, but that won't slow down the Insider Notes. Today we address a few college basketball rumors, just what is Kentucky getting from Tyler Herro and small 2019 tidbit.2018 Targets: No, nothing Earth-shattering with Zion Williamson or Moses Brown. Things remain the same for Brown as I discussed last week. UK's interest in Brown mostly centers around what Nick Richards intends to do after this season. If he bolts for the NBA, UK will want Brown. If Richards comes back for a sophomore season then the Cats won't actively pursue Brown. It's rather simple and the more UK recruits and makes Brown a priority (if that happens) it will tell us how they feel about Richards. As of today the plan is for Richards to come back. I said in the Q&A last week that I believed Clemson was the slight leader for Zion Williamson. I go back-and-forth on this frequently but I just think the safer bet as of today is to guess Clemson. UK feels solid. They aren't giving up or going anywhere, but Williamson is going to be a top five pick in the NBA regardless of where he goes, and he knows that, so with Clemson being close to home it gives the Tigers a slight edge. I expect this recruitment to go to March or April, so there is plenty of time and I'm sure I will change my mind several more times. I think it's Clemson or Kentucky, but if I had to pick another school that could land Williamson I'd say UNC. They're a bit of a compromise to Clemson/UK. Big and elite like UK, but closer to home.
. Is Williams really projected to be a top 5 pick ? Cause I've read his game may not translate well to the NBA level. A 6'5 guy that can't shoot? Who's he gonna guard ? By all accounts he should dominate in college though.

Hate to be a buzzkill here, but maybe we should pump the brakes on arranging for a recruit to get something everyone else has to pay to receive. We'll have Sandy Bell shutting down the entire board if we're not careful.
I’ll make sure a regular student gets the same benefit so it will be cool with NCAA.

Reactions: CELTICAT and G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT